Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Holding court

Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Not sure if it's been talked about here but all home games will be broadcast online via ESPN3. That is the same as WatchESPN, correct? If so, I have a roku and know that WatchESPN is a channel on it. Don't know all the devices that carry WatchESPN but with a youngster at home this is a great option because I won't be at all the games. No idea what the quality will be like (I am expecting issues) but nice to be able to put it up on the TV screen.
    If you've been watching our Footballers led by Sgt Slaughter Wannabe/Gym Teacher Steve Addazio on our official channel of BC football (ESPN3) then you'd be horrified at the thought of trying to get a BC hockey game on ESPN3/WatchESPN app. Maybe it's just bad on Sat afternoons when everyone is streaming CFB but the people responsible for that Godawful stream should drink some Draino.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    If you've been watching our Footballers led by Sgt Slaughter Wannabe/Gym Teacher Steve Addazio on our official channel of BC football (ESPN3) then you'd be horrified at the thought of trying to get a BC hockey game on ESPN3/WatchESPN app. Maybe it's just bad on Sat afternoons when everyone is streaming CFB but the people responsible for that Godawful stream should drink some Draino.
    Tried to watch the Wake Forest game. Exercise in futility.
    A bad cause requires many words.

Quote Originally Posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    Tried to watch the Wake Forest game. Exercise in futility.
    At least you could turn it off. I was there in person...

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    that's what she said
    Actually, she was mumbling.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Wow, one thread to cover 90+ years????
    Haha... good catch. I was multi-tasking... got the other part right!
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Anyone planning to go to St. Cloud games ?

I'm looking into flights and tickets and possibly for Vegas in January.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

If you are not a season ticket holder the 3 game mini pack is a great option. You get discounted tickets in the lower bowl without any order fees. I got 2 seats for Wisconsin, Northeastern and UMass-Lowell for $90 total. Regular price would have been $40 each game plus a $10 service fee. The BU game is available in the mini pack but not as a single game option. Same seats for BU were $40 each in the mini pack.

Scouting the Enemy: Boston College Eagles

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...ge-eagles.html
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog

any bar recommendations near Conte?

Bobcats open season with hard fought tie

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...ought-tie.html
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog

Hard to tell what we have in a 1-1 tie🏒Woll looked fine but hopefully we can see more offense than what we saw last night. A work in progress. Lohan did not play. BC could not finish on some good opportunities in the offensive zone. The power play needs work but they look fine on the PK. Tortora got his 1st career goal at BC and hopefully more to come. Looking for more progress next week against Wisconsin.

there's a good buck in that racket.

Quote Originally Posted by BCeagle View Post
    Hard to tell what we have in a 1-1 tie🏒Woll looked fine but hopefully we can see more offense than what we saw last night. A work in progress. Lohan did not play. BC could not finish on some good opportunities in the offensive zone. The power play needs work but they look fine on the PK. Tortora got his 1st career goal at BC and hopefully more to come. Looking for more progress next week against Wisconsin.
    still undefeated....
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

They played a lot better in the 3rd, had some great chances. Not sure how Quinnipiac will be but don't think they will be a great team. These two teams will probably have similar years.

Tortora is going to be fun to watch. Reminds me a little of a small frosh forward we had a few years back. Zero to 60 in 2 strides.
    Some real nice chances for us in front of the net. I like the way we crash the net.
    Both goaltenders were exceptional last night.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Quote Originally Posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    Tortora is going to be fun to watch. Reminds me a little of a small frosh forward we had a few years back. Zero to 60 in 2 strides.
    Some real nice chances for us in front of the net. I like the way we crash the net.
    Both goaltenders were exceptional last night.
    It's good if we can have such a player like Nathan or Johnny )

We need more shots on net from anyone who has a shot and not over pass in the offensive zone.
    You can't score if you don't shoot.

Having only 5 SOG in the 2nd period is not good in a game where BC scored only 1 goal.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

BC does have to shoot more--but dang, if some of those kids on Friday didn't look young. Not sure some of them even know how to hold a razor yet.
    "No matter where you go, there you are"

there's a good buck in that racket.

Quote Originally Posted by bcmsu9196 View Post
    BC does have to shoot more--but dang, if some of those kids on Friday didn't look young. Not sure some of them even know how to hold a razor yet.
    we are just getting older

mookie still remembers the time he went to an early game and saw co-eds and thought "too young". then stopped and said "huh, wha?!?!"
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

A better feed on ESPN3 tonight.
    A bad cause requires many words.

Very deceiving scoreline. Give wisconsin credit for being opportunistic but I came away impressed with BCs speed and possession tonight. Much better than against QU but will the goals follow?

Eagles still need to shoot (and finish) more, but they were also up against an All-America goaltender tonight. We'll see what happens at Providence on Sunday.
    "No matter where you go, there you are"

Quote Originally Posted by bcmsu9196 View Post
    Eagles still need to shoot (and finish) more, but they were also up against an All-America goaltender tonight. We'll see what happens at Providence on Sunday.
    They should but also missed a lot of shots on net by missing the net a lot on many shots taken.

Other times, they don't shoot when they're closing in on net and end up with no shot on net by forcing a pass to another player that does not connect.

I saw Kim bear in from the left of the Wisconsin net only to pass into the middle for no shot at all. BC has a tendency to do that.

McPhee's goal was nice. He just let it go without hesitation. I'd like to see more of that quick release from BC players.

Next, I thought Woll did not have his best game. He is 6' 4" and he has a tendency to crouch low too soon leaving him vulnerable on high shots that go beneath the cross bar.
    I don't expect him to be a Jimmy Howard but some those goals I thought he could have stopped by just being more upright as he towers above the cross bar when he stands. But if he goes into a butterfly too early, shooters can snipe it high under the cross bar.

It's early and I expect this team is a work in progress with no seniors and young players.

Thread Information