Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Just heard the BC announcer say ďThatís another thing that frustrates me...BC hasnít been getting good crowds. You have a good crowd tonight - give Ďem something.Ē

Have these guys been living under a rock? The attendance has been a discussion at multiple schools for three years now!

scoringfest tonight or sievefest.. depending on your pov..

Veteran

How did the beer work out?

Not sure why BC stopped playing defense after such a dazzling performance against NU. Normally 4 goals is a good thing but allowing 6 goals and an EN goal tells you BC was terrible in the neutral zone and defensive zone.

Casey Fitzgerald himself was responsible himself for 3 of BUs goal with the way he handled the puck and coughing it up to very good aggressive forechecking.
    One fan said he should be benched for his terrible handling of the puck. He tries to get too cute with the puck and makes bad decisions with the puck.

BC early and often allowed BU to attack and pile on the SOG early in the first two periods that put BC in a hole that they could not dig out of. BC often refuses to get the puck on net when they have a chance and chooses to pass the puck to a covered forward. When in trouble get the puck deep into the BU zone first.

The power play was pathetic. There was no sense of urgency and very sloppy play to the point it resulted in a BU SH goal (( In the NU game at Matthews the PP was much better. They moved the puck well and moved the puck much faster from point to point.

It's only one game but a win Saturday to earn a split is in order and needed.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

The difference between the NU and BU games is the heat put on the BC 'D". It's funny. NU beat BU easily. BC beat NU easily. Tonight, BU beat BC pretty easily. Who can figure these games?

Quote Originally Posted by BCeagle View Post
    Not sure why BC stopped playing defense after such a dazzling performance against NU. Normally 4 goals is a good thing but allowing 6 goals and an EN goal tells you BC was terrible in the neutral zone and defensive zone.

Casey Fitzgerald himself was responsible himself for 3 of BUs goal with the way he handled the puck and coughing it up to very good aggressive forechecking.
    One fan said he should be benched for his terrible handling of the puck. He tries to get too cute with the puck and makes bad decisions with the puck.

BC early and often allowed BU to attack and pile on the SOG early in the first two periods that put BC in a hole that they could not dig out of. BC often refuses to get the puck on net when they have a chance and chooses to pass the puck to a covered forward. When in trouble get the puck deep into the BU zone first.

The power play was pathetic. There was no sense of urgency and very sloppy play to the point it resulted in a BU SH goal (( In the NU game at Matthews the PP was much better. They moved the puck well and moved the puck much faster from point to point.

It's only one game but a win Saturday to earn a split is in order and needed.
    You nailed it Ray. Turnovers in the D and neutral zones cost a W against Harvard as well.
    The Eagles looked like they did at SCSU, where their forwards made our D look like they were playing in cement shoes. I thought we had progressed from there.
    Lets's see what tonight brings.

Go Eagles!
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Doggie Out! Afuera!

Quote Originally Posted by PPGuru View Post
    The difference between the NU and BU games is the heat put on the BC 'D". It's funny. NU beat BU easily. BC beat NU easily. Tonight, BU beat BC pretty easily. Who can figure these games?
    Comparative scores will just drive you nuts.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Doggie Out! Afuera!

After a pulsating start, that got UGLY fast. Didn't like the first shorthanded breakaway Mr. Tkachuk? No problem, here's another one for ya!
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
    BU - 2

Super Serial

Nice touch with the Finnish national anthem last night for players on both sides.
    I was formerly a tasty 7-11 beverage. Now I'm a fan of defunct hockey teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Cross Check View Post
    After a pulsating start, that got UGLY fast. Didn't like the first shorthanded breakaway Mr. Tkachuk? No problem, here's another one for ya!
    Yes it did. Could see the rout coming on.
    The Eagles did well to keep the score where they did.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Nice response tonight, i would have taken a split so i'm content. Kinda funny how much success the road team has had in this series...especially BC at agganis. I need sean pickett to tell me BCs record at agganis...

Oh and ron greco somehow scored three times on oettinger.

Jerry York / Greg Brown 2020

Hard to complain with a split given the talent BU has on their roster. That being said, I wasn't very impressed with our effort in the second and third periods. Had Joe Well not stood on his head for most of the game I think the outcome would've been different. We had 12 combined shots in the second and third periods and only three in the third, including the empty net goal. I know that we started to play a defensive game, but it looked like our players were stuck in mud for long stretches. That concerns me a little bit.

Oh, and I believe BC is 12-4-2 at Agganis Arena since it opened in 2005. Not too shabby if you ask me...
    Sucks to BU

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmont_63 View Post
    Oh, and I believe BC is 12-4-2 at Agganis Arena since it opened in 2005. Not too shabby if you ask me...
    Correct. Click to go to Wikipedia page

Doggie Out! Afuera!

Hard not to be happy with a split after losing the first one, especially watching how uneven the first game was in BU's favor. BU has the talent on that roster, but for whatever reason Quinn is incapable of consistently getting his team's best effort. Now if you could combine Quinn's recruiting with York's coaching, then you'd really be in business.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
    BU - 2

Doesn't show this year in regard to top NHL draft prospects but BC is doing very well in recruiting for classes down the line.

This years U-17 team is regarded as a very strong group. BC has 7 commits on the team. As we've seen, not everybody that commits at age 15 continues to develop or finally winds up on campus, That said, the talent for the fall of 19, 20 and 21 so far is prime.

2 more hockey east games this month against NU and UConn and the possibility of more points ending a decent first half 🔥Then to Vegas for the tournament 🥂after New Years 🎄

Football in the Bronx for Pinstripe Bowl 🏈 lol iíll be rooting against my sister because she is a Hawkeyes grad lol ✅
    Last edited by BCeagle; 12-04-2017 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PPGuru View Post
    This years U-17 team is regarded as a very strong group. BC has 7 commits on the team. As we've seen, not everybody that commits at age 15 continues to develop or finally winds up on campus, That said, the talent for the fall of 19, 20 and 21 so far is prime.
    What is your assessment of the 2018 class ?

Jerry York / Greg Brown 2020

The 2018 class should be very good. McBain is a likely mid-to-late first round pick. Adam Samuelsson is a massive defenseman who is projected to go somewhere in the second or third round. Patrick Giles is another solid player who is projected to be drafted somewhere between the fourth and sixth rounds. TJ Walsh is a bit of an unknown. He was once one of the top prospects in the U.S., along with Jake Wise (BU commit), but he has fallen off quite a bit. He's been injured for the past 2 years, so it looks like he's in a similar situation that Hutsko was in. He is still a good player and may end up getting drafted in the later rounds. Jacques Bouquot is a big center who is also projected to be a later round draft pick. Mitch Martan is an undersized and older forward who is putting up great numbers in the OJHL. Monte Graham is putting up respectable numbers in the USHL for Muskegon this year. Marc McLaughlin is another big forward who is a very physical player. I may have missed someone, but this is the bulk of the recruiting class.
    Sucks to BU

The things I've read jive pretty much with Marshmont's review. McBain is a 6'3 offensive center, son of NHLer Andrew McBain. Giles is a big boy, too, 6'4, but not the scorer McBain is. Mitchell Martan fits the BC profile. Small, quick and can get points. Monte Graham is a 4 year type, 32 pts in 77 games in the last two years in the USHL. Adam Samuelsson is 6'3, 195. The Heisenberg recruiting site has him listed as an '18 or '19 arrival. The only defenseman BC loses this year is Lohan. Most likely Samuelsson starts next season to at least ensure that BC has at least 7 dmen. The other two forwards listed for next season are TJ Walsh and Mike McLaughlin. BC doesn't graduate any forwards next year, so it would be hard to bring in 6 more forwards. My personal thought is that Walsh and McLaughlin might be pushed back due to injuries. This is a good class. This is a good class. The classes after it are probably even better.
    Last edited by PPGuru; 12-04-2017 at 11:43 PM. Reason: grammar

Thread Information