Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

This tie felt lie a loss but we'll take the point.

They did not play as well as last Saturday against the Huskies.

Not enough SOGs, too many penalties and mistakes.

I guess we can blame it on too much turkey ))

Good crowd at Conte for a change on a holiday weekend.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Looking at point totals, pretty good balance across top three lines. Pretty encouraging when all would be expected to return next year. And to think Eeli Tolvanen was supposed to be in the mix for a year or two. Ultimately they still might not be a tournament team this year but i think we've seen the market correction in regard to roster building. Things look very promising going forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Looking at point totals, pretty good balance across top three lines. Pretty encouraging when all would be expected to return next year. And to think Eeli Tolvanen was supposed to be in the mix for a year or two. Ultimately they still might not be a tournament team this year but i think we've seen the market correction in regard to roster building. Things look very promising going forward.
        Dead tired from driving to Syracuse and back in one day but we finally crush the Orange in the Carrier Dome with our backup QB 🏈

Not sure what bowl but a good finishing for the seniors without Anthony Brown and Kamrin Moore, etc. I did not see #7 either Landry.

Our hockey team needs to bury 1st place and possibly the Hockey East Tournament to get into the NCAA 🔥

I’m sure you notice our OCC games are not pretty⛳️
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
          I appreciate the optimism FiveHole, but I just don't see it.... this team is also likely to be on the greatest sins of all...boring.
          Love this team. Good old fashioned fundamental hockey. Not boring at all to this fan.
          What's your take CC?
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Just got 2 for my nephew but they really jacked it up for the tickets Friday ⛳️
            OUCH !

I’m hoping for points while our rivals are down right now. Some of the folks in their thread like to sandbag this game ))😊

I’m sure both teams will be pumped up Friday and Saturday 🔥

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
              Love this team. Good old fashioned fundamental hockey. Not boring at all to this fan.
              What's your take CC?
              They play hard no doubt. And they've been more successful since the schedule became more reasonable. But they've dug a big hole for themselves with their poor non-league record, which will just kill them in the Pairwise. However, none of that changes the fact that there is not one forward on this team that makes the other team take notice of them and plan for them. Tolvanen would have been that guy, but fate intervened. If you were to go back from the beginning of York's tenure at BC and make a list of forwards they've had who are better than any forward on this year's team, how long would that list be?

The comeback after the slow start has been nice to see, but this team's ceiling is limited. Maybe I'm just spoiled after the past two decades, but a hardworking team that may or may not eke out a tournament berth is not what I consider a successful season. BC has become accustomed to shooting higher than that.
              The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
              BC - 12
              BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Not having Tolvanen has hurt us tremendously this year, especially considering his torrid scoring pace in the KHL right now. He might've been the best/most talented player in college hockey this year. On a different note, it's interesting that our first three lines have been almost equal in terms of offensive production.

Cotton - Mattila - Tortora 28 points
                Grando - Rasanen - Hutsko 29 points
                McPhee - Brown - Dudek 25 points
                Carreau - Greco - Booth 3 points

Next year will be interesting because we won't have anywhere near as bad of a fourth line. Giles, McBain, and Bouquot will easily push Carreau, Greco, and Booth out of the lineup. That doesn't even factor in Walsh, McLaughlin, or Martan.

Comment

Do you think it's possible that BC defers a couple of kids next season? I'd read that Walsh and McLaughlin have been injured. Also, Heisenberg has Bouquot as a '19 or '20 arrival. Not losing any forwards and having 6 forwards (McBain, Martan, Giles, Graham, Walsh, McLaughlin) scheduled to come in next year, something has to give. Though I hate to see kids pushed out early, the business side of it does force things sometimes.

Comment

Neither BU or BC are ranked in the USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine poll. (BC is #15 in the USCHO poll).

When was the last time that they met, and neither was ranked in a particular poll?

Comment

Yeah, I think they could defer a couple of recruits, but they're still going to have a glut of forwards in the '19-'20 season. Dudek and Brown and the only forwards who will graduate after the '18-'19 season, and no other players should leave early for the pros (maybe McBain, but I think he'll come back for a second season). They will bring in Moynihan, Newhook, and Weight in the '19-'20 season. And based on the way Boldy is playing right now, I suspect he'll arrive in '19-'20 as opposed to '20-'21. So even if we delay a couple of recruits for a year, we're still going to have a lot of forwards. Honestly though, there will likely be a couple of players who will transfer out of BC. Greco, Walker, and Booth will likely never see another minute of ice time after this season is over. Merulla already isn't playing this year. Those 4 guys strike me as potential transfers after this season. Even if all four were to leave though, we're still going to have 17 forwards for the '18-'19 season and 18 forwards for the '19-'20 season. (As an aside, I already know that Joey Cassetti is no longer committed).
                      Anyways, here is what I have for the projected rosters. It's not perfect by any means, but it gives an indication of what the rosters might look like in the coming years.
                      http://file:///Users/alexsilva/Deskt...27.11%20PM.jpg

Comment

Yeah, I think they could defer a couple of recruits, but they're still going to have a glut of forwards in the '19-'20 season. Dudek and Brown and the only forwards who will graduate after the '18-'19 season, and no other players should leave early for the pros (maybe McBain, but I think he'll come back for a second season). They will bring in Moynihan, Newhook, and Weight in the '19-'20 season. And based on the way Boldy is playing right now, I suspect he'll arrive in '19-'20 as opposed to '20-'21. So even if we delay a couple of recruits for a year, we're still going to have a lot of forwards. Honestly though, there will likely be a couple of players who will transfer out of BC. Greco, Walker, and Booth will likely never see another minute of ice time after this season is over. Merulla already isn't playing this year. Those 4 guys strike me as potential transfers after this season. Even if all four were to leave though, we're still going to have 17 forwards for the '18-'19 season and 18 forwards for the '19-'20 season. (As an aside, Joey Cassetti is no longer committed. I think the staff probably had to make some cuts and he was one).

EDIT: I may have double-posted this, but it didn't include the photo I wanted to attach. I took that part out. It was supposed to be a screenshot of the projected future rosters for BC. Hit me up on twitter (@marshmont_63) if you're interested in seeing the rosters. It's not perfect by any means, but it gives a glimpse of what the future rosters may look like.

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                          there is not one forward on this team that makes the other team take notice of them and plan for them.
                          Sometimes this is a good thing. Some solid depth on this squad. Hutsko and Tortora are pretty **** good. Raasanen is also solid. This class even without Tolvanen is just what the doctor ordered assuming they stick around for 4 years. Which is what we need, time to avoid the mercs and greasebags (Milano).
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

BTW does this weekend feel like one big trap or what?
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              BTW does this weekend feel like one big trap or what?
                              3 points is great and anything more is gravy. But they need to play like they did against NU to get points.

A split is acceptable but hoping for more. BU is an up and down team this year and hopefully BC can catch them at the right time 🔥

I expect a total team effort in all 3 zones⛳️

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                                Sometimes this is a good thing. Some solid depth on this squad. Hutsko and Tortora are pretty **** good. Raasanen is also solid. This class even without Tolvanen is just what the doctor ordered assuming they stick around for 4 years. Which is what we need, time to avoid the mercs and greasebags (Milano).
                                To truly compete at the highest level, you need both the quality four-year program guys and at least a couple of the high-end talents that you have no chance at keeping for four years. So yeah, I agree we need not the mercenaries like Milano and Bracco, who will screw you. But you need a couple of Kreiders to go along with the Mullanes, Arnolds, Gibbons, and Rooneys of this world. That's how you win championships.
                                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                                BC - 12
                                BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X