Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Hard not to be happy with a split after losing the first one, especially watching how uneven the first game was in BU's favor. BU has the talent on that roster, but for whatever reason Quinn is incapable of consistently getting his team's best effort. Now if you could combine Quinn's recruiting with York's coaching, then you'd really be in business.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Doesn't show this year in regard to top NHL draft prospects but BC is doing very well in recruiting for classes down the line.

Comment

This years U-17 team is regarded as a very strong group. BC has 7 commits on the team. As we've seen, not everybody that commits at age 15 continues to develop or finally winds up on campus, That said, the talent for the fall of 19, 20 and 21 so far is prime.

Comment

2 more hockey east games this month against NU and UConn and the possibility of more points ending a decent first half 🔥Then to Vegas for the tournament 🥂after New Years 🎄

Football in the Bronx for Pinstripe Bowl 🏈 lol i’ll be rooting against my sister because she is a Hawkeyes grad lol ✅
          Last edited by BCeagle; 12-04-2017, 01:15 PM.
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
            This years U-17 team is regarded as a very strong group. BC has 7 commits on the team. As we've seen, not everybody that commits at age 15 continues to develop or finally winds up on campus, That said, the talent for the fall of 19, 20 and 21 so far is prime.
            What is your assessment of the 2018 class ?
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

The 2018 class should be very good. McBain is a likely mid-to-late first round pick. Adam Samuelsson is a massive defenseman who is projected to go somewhere in the second or third round. Patrick Giles is another solid player who is projected to be drafted somewhere between the fourth and sixth rounds. TJ Walsh is a bit of an unknown. He was once one of the top prospects in the U.S., along with Jake Wise (BU commit), but he has fallen off quite a bit. He's been injured for the past 2 years, so it looks like he's in a similar situation that Hutsko was in. He is still a good player and may end up getting drafted in the later rounds. Jacques Bouquot is a big center who is also projected to be a later round draft pick. Mitch Martan is an undersized and older forward who is putting up great numbers in the OJHL. Monte Graham is putting up respectable numbers in the USHL for Muskegon this year. Marc McLaughlin is another big forward who is a very physical player. I may have missed someone, but this is the bulk of the recruiting class.

Comment

The things I've read jive pretty much with Marshmont's review. McBain is a 6'3 offensive center, son of NHLer Andrew McBain. Giles is a big boy, too, 6'4, but not the scorer McBain is. Mitchell Martan fits the BC profile. Small, quick and can get points. Monte Graham is a 4 year type, 32 pts in 77 games in the last two years in the USHL. Adam Samuelsson is 6'3, 195. The Heisenberg recruiting site has him listed as an '18 or '19 arrival. The only defenseman BC loses this year is Lohan. Most likely Samuelsson starts next season to at least ensure that BC has at least 7 dmen. The other two forwards listed for next season are TJ Walsh and Mike McLaughlin. BC doesn't graduate any forwards next year, so it would be hard to bring in 6 more forwards. My personal thought is that Walsh and McLaughlin might be pushed back due to injuries. This is a good class. This is a good class. The classes after it are probably even better.
                Last edited by PPGuru; 12-04-2017, 11:43 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

I agree that it would be virtually impossible to have six new forwards next year. I don't foresee any early departures and unless there are meaningful transfers, there will not be a lot of room at the inn.

Comment

Well, the early departures could come from players who want to play more (transfers)...you never know there. Haven't followed the injury situation but that could also be a factor if they want to delay Walsh a year, etc.

Comment

Well besides that how many players have we had that do not show up for whatever reasons ?

This year it was Tolvanen. Another was Valtrano. Eichel changed to BU. Milano and others, etc.

I suppose like food it is better to have too much than too little. If one or two changes their mind then you have someone like Cassetti decommiting because of too many players signing LOI.

Hopefully 2018 class is strong and there are no problems

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                        Well besides that how many players have we had that do not show up for whatever reasons ?
                        Eichel changed to BU.
                        As far as I know, Eichel was a BU commit from the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                          As far as I know, Eichel was a BU commit from the beginning.
                          changed his allegiance i believe, was a BC fan growing up, then, ultimately, chose the evil empire.

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            changed his allegiance i believe, was a BC fan growing up, then, ultimately, chose the evil empire.
                            The anecdote I heard was that he was a BC fan growing up and that he couldn’t promise York more than one year of commitment thus he decided on BU. As we all know, he bolted for the NHL after his sensational freshman year at BU.

Comment

I've also heard that he was a BC fan growing up. BCeagle, it seems that your statement about Eichel not being able to commit for more than one year was a problem for York. Is that correct? That seems strange to me. It's not like we haven't had guys that left after only one year before. Hanifin, Wood, Leetch etc. Regardless of how many years Eichel wanted to stay it seems crazy not to want that kind of talent, even for just one year.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmont_63 View Post
                                I've also heard that he was a BC fan growing up. BCeagle, it seems that your statement about Eichel not being able to commit for more than one year was a problem for York. Is that correct? That seems strange to me. It's not like we haven't had guys that left after only one year before. Hanifin, Wood, Leetch etc. Regardless of how many years Eichel wanted to stay it seems crazy not to want that kind of talent, even for just one year.
                                And BC gave Milano a scholarship for that same class. How many years did he promise?

Comment

Working...
                                X