Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
    Yeah, maybe taking a bunch of penalties against them wasn't such a good idea. Don't think a special teams game is the way to go. The difference between NU's powerplay and BC's powerplay is a chasm.
    LOL , nice one

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
      This may be shortlived but football, basketball and hockey are decent right now. Pinstripe Bowl and soundly beating FSU and Syracuse ��

��Hoops beating Duke

��Hockey on top of Hockey East so far ����
      The Kiss of Death ...................thanks Ray

Comment

Condolences. He's a legend on both our campuses.

@BCEagles: The Boston College community is saddened at the news that legendary @BCHockey coach and athlete Len Ceglarski passed away this morning at the age of 91. http://bit.ly/2CoFYqq https://***********/BCEagles/status/...861056/photo/1
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Condolences to all in the BC (and college hockey in general) community.

Comment

Mookie feels bad his family has to deal with this right before Christmas

Poor Len looked like he was ready to go last we saw him at the beanpot (or was it hea tourney?). Old age sucks.

(But looks good on you pro from Dover )

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Mookie feels bad his family has to deal with this right before Christmas

Poor Len looked like he was ready to go last we saw him at the beanpot (or was it hea tourney?). Old age sucks.

(But looks good on you pro from Dover )

Considering the alternative, 😜
              Originally posted by mookie1995
              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Anyway...

Campoli left the program yesterday. No surprise to those keen eyed observers here that saw someone close to him leave some nuggets of unhappiness along the way:

Originally posted by recruited View Post
                If not, maybe the major junior team that drafted him will be calling. The Armada's big defenceman went down with a knee injury and is out indefinately.
                At least he skipped out on jumping to the Q and is going BCHL to preserve his NCAA eligibility. In my opinion he should have played more especially given that the role still seems somewhat empty for a bigger, physical dman in the mold of a Santini/McCoshen. Has anyone filled that role this year? We no longer have season tix. I'm surprised to see they couldn't even get this kid on the ice once this season. Hope he gets to play at a good academic school, he ended up going undrafted (didn't quite line up to the projections from above said poster), so a good degree will go a long way in the real world.
                Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 12-20-2017, 08:59 AM.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  Anyway...

Campoli left the program yesterday. No surprise to those keen eyed observers here that saw someone close to him leave some nuggets of unhappiness along the way:

At least he skipped out on jumping to the Q and is going BCHL to preserve his NCAA eligibility. In my opinion he should have played more especially given that the role still seems somewhat empty for a bigger, physical dman in the mold of a Santini/McCoshen. Has anyone filled that role this year? We no longer have season tix. I'm surprised to see they couldn't even get this kid on the ice once this season. Hope he gets to play at a good academic school, he ended up going undrafted (didn't quite line up to the projections from above said poster), so a good degree will go a long way in the real world.
                  What was the reason why he was never given any playing time? Was he that bad ?
                  NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

The Campoli saga puzzled me. Last season I thought he looked pretty good in the few times I saw him play. In light of McInnis's struggles, I thought he'd get more chances to dress than he did. With the graduation of Savage and only one dman incoming (Karow), I thought he would see more time this year. With the addition of (Grad Transfer) Lohan, it seems Campoli got pushed out of the top 6. With the loss of Campoli and Lohan next year, BC will most likely bring in Adam Samuelsson and try to find another non-scholarship depth guy on D. I don't blame him for looking for another route. I'm happy to see him preserve his eligibility. There is a spot out there for him in College Hockey, just as there was for Josh Couturier and Colin Sullivan.

Comment

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
                      The Campoli saga puzzled me. Last season I thought he looked pretty good in the few times I saw him play. In light of McInnis's struggles, I thought he'd get more chances to dress than he did. With the graduation of Savage and only one dman incoming (Karow), I thought he would see more time this year. With the addition of (Grad Transfer) Lohan, it seems Campoli got pushed out of the top 6. With the loss of Campoli and Lohan next year, BC will most likely bring in Adam Samuelsson and try to find another non-scholarship depth guy on D. I don't blame him for looking for another route. I'm happy to see him preserve his eligibility. There is a spot out there for him in College Hockey, just as there was for Josh Couturier and Colin Sullivan.
                      Remember when the recruiting was spot on, everyone showed up/cleared NCAA eligibility and no one ever really transferred out? Or bailed for Major Junior? Or showed up and left a month into the season?

To some degree every program has to do deal with it and BC was way way ahead of the average on that for a long time but.... boy a lot of this is happening lately. Hmmmmmmmmm.
                      Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 12-20-2017, 02:54 PM.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

If a kid wants to play it's not surprising to see them leave when they haven't gotten into a game this year. I just don't think this is a new phenomenon to BC.

I can rattle off guys from years back...Adam Pineault, Ryan Hayes, Kenny Ryan, Joe Schuman, Todd Perry, Ben Lovejoy.

I wish Campoli the best but I don't see it as an issue to be concerned with at all.

Comment

Couturier left for playing time reasons as well. How exactly do you prevent that? And Colin Sullivan didn't exactly light it up at Miami.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            Couturier left for playing time reasons as well. How exactly do you prevent that? And Colin Sullivan didn't exactly light it up at Miami.
                            Hopefully Couturier finally has found a home. His odyssey began when he committed to NU. They parted company when he (or his dad) decided he should enroll a year before NU thought he was ready. Then no one picked him up, and he returned to the USPHL with the Jr. Bruins. BC picked him up. That apparently wasn't going to work out for him, and he transferred to UMass. He sat out another year before becoming eligible this year. Whoever has been pulling his strings has, in reality, been yanking his chain. He (or Dad) has never learned that the grass appears greener in the other pasture, only because it has been fertilized by piles of some other coach's BS.
                            Last edited by HHound; 12-21-2017, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              If a kid wants to play it's not surprising to see them leave when they haven't gotten into a game this year. I just don't think this is a new phenomenon to BC.

I can rattle off guys from years back...Adam Pineault, Ryan Hayes, Kenny Ryan, Joe Schuman, Todd Perry, Ben Lovejoy.

I wish Campoli the best but I don't see it as an issue to be concerned with at all.
                              I understand that but it seems he never got that chance to prove himself .

I would see his name on the team roster and look at his size and he is Canadian and never could understand why #6 never was on the ice.

It seems we get quite a few guys who didn’t pan out.

Do you blame scouting and poor evaluations on all the coaches or this is a normal hit and miss process by most programs?
                              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Well without being at practice it's tough to say. I really have no idea if he was deserving of more playing time.

There was a bit of a downturn in recruiting but even then this still happens everywhere. Campoli wasn't a grade A, can't miss recruit. He was a solid recruit. If he goes on to have a great collegiate career somewhere, then ok. That will beg the question as to what happened here.

Comment

Working...
                                X