Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233 LastLast
Results 621 to 640 of 647

Thread: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

  1. #621
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,874

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmont_63 View Post
    Here's a question... With the recent addition of Wahlstrom, which forwards do you think will not crack the starting lineup next season? IMO, the 12 forwards to crack the lineup will be: Brown, Dudek, Cotton, Mattila, McPhee, Grando, Hutsko, Rasanen, Tortora, Giles, McBain, and Wahlstrom. So Booth, Greco, Merulla, Walker, Carreau, Bouquot, and McLaughlin shouldn't see much ice time. The nice thing about this lineup is that all four lines can score. Obviously these lines pairings are pure speculation and they'll undoubtedly change throughout the season, but the offense could look something like this:

    Hutsko - Cotton - Wahlstrom
    McPhee - Mattila - Brown
    Grando - McBain - Tortora
    Giles - Rasanen - Dudek
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    I hope/think you will some guys rotating in. No way should Greco be on the bench every night. He should play at least 20 games next year. Carreau is another guy that I think should be rotated in to see what kind of progress he has made - think he has some upside from what people have told me. Lots of depth.
    Agree on Greco. He played in every game last season. He'll be a solid candidate for 4th line just like last year. Bouquot is not coming next year. After Wahlstrom, I think McBain and McLaughlin are most ready up front. And then Giles. Carreau and Walker will compete for time. Booth and Merulla won't see the ice. Taking those two out of the mix, you're still talking 16 forwards for 12 spots every night. Plenty of competition and depth. Good quality on the team as well. That being said, I have a hard time believing all of these guys are gonna stick around. Whether we see a midseason departure, etc. who knows. They have the right numbers on defense and in goal. The glut is at forward. Based on what we think the roster will look like, I would predict the following 12 forwards on opening night:

    Hutsko
    Cotton
    Mattila
    McPhee
    Brown
    Dudek
    Grando
    Rasanen
    Tortora
    Greco
    Wahlstrom
    McBain

    I would put Hutsko with Wahlstrom and figure the rest out from there.

  2. #622
    Holding court
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HOTel cORAL esSEX
    Posts
    5,739

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Agree on Greco. He played in every game last season. He'll be a solid candidate for 4th line just like last year.
    There's very much a Lombardi/Price kind of feel to the guy... those are guys that win championships. Give me more Grecos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

  3. #623
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Greater Boston, MA
    Posts
    8,530

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Agree on Greco. He played in every game last season. He'll be a solid candidate for 4th line just like last year. Bouquot is not coming next year. After Wahlstrom, I think McBain and McLaughlin are most ready up front. And then Giles. Carreau and Walker will compete for time. Booth and Merulla won't see the ice. Taking those two out of the mix, you're still talking 16 forwards for 12 spots every night. Plenty of competition and depth. Good quality on the team as well. That being said, I have a hard time believing all of these guys are gonna stick around. Whether we see a midseason departure, etc. who knows. They have the right numbers on defense and in goal. The glut is at forward. Based on what we think the roster will look like, I would predict the following 12 forwards on opening night:

    Hutsko
    Cotton
    Mattila
    McPhee
    Brown
    Dudek
    Grando
    Rasanen
    Tortora
    Greco
    Wahlstrom
    McBain

    I would put Hutsko with Wahlstrom and figure the rest out from there.
    From conversations last year during the last part of the season especially, some discussion by members of Pikes thought Dudek and Brown regressed from the previous season.

    I know Brown has a family member behind the bench like McGinnis but Dudek went from 15 goals to about half that last season. He is one guy to see bench time unless he picks it up.

    But who knows ? Maybe with someone like Wahlstrom on the team, he will make everyone play better like Eichel did for BU.

    I'm really hopeful for next season with the experience this team has gained from the last 2 seasons and with the infusion of new talent.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

    Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

  4. #624
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    466

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmont_63 View Post
    Here's a question... With the recent addition of Wahlstrom, which forwards do you think will not crack the starting lineup next season? IMO, the 12 forwards to crack the lineup will be: Brown, Dudek, Cotton, Mattila, McPhee, Grando, Hutsko, Rasanen, Tortora, Giles, McBain, and Wahlstrom. So Booth, Greco, Merulla, Walker, Carreau, Bouquot, and McLaughlin shouldn't see much ice time. The nice thing about this lineup is that all four lines can score. Obviously these lines pairings are pure speculation and they'll undoubtedly change throughout the season, but the offense could look something like this:

    Hutsko - Cotton - Wahlstrom
    McPhee - Mattila - Brown
    Grando - McBain - Tortora
    Giles - Rasanen - Dudek
    Mclaughlin is college hockey ready. Yes he was injured most of last year, but he was almost a point per game player when he did play. Natural Center but played RW as well in the USHL. I have watched him for a 1.5 years here in Cedar Rapids, He is going to be a huge asset to BC......Amazing PK kid.

  5. #625
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,874
    Quote Originally Posted by BCeagle View Post
    From conversations last year during the last part of the season especially, some discussion by members of Pikes thought Dudek and Brown regressed from the previous season.

    I know Brown has a family member behind the bench like McGinnis but Dudek went from 15 goals to about half that last season. He is one guy to see bench time unless he picks it up.

    But who knows ? Maybe with someone like Wahlstrom on the team, he will make everyone play better like Eichel did for BU.

    I'm really hopeful for next season with the experience this team has gained from the last 2 seasons and with the infusion of new talent.
    I would be stunned if Brown and/or Dudek are not regulars.

  6. #626
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,874

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

    And I agree about McLaughlin. Before Wahlstrom, I thought both he and McBain were ahead of Giles. Good luck to anyone trying to figure this out. I have to believe a good player or two will be moving on at some point.

  7. #627
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Greater Boston, MA
    Posts
    8,530

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    I would be stunned if Brown and/or Dudek are not regulars.
    BC won the regular season or tie at least for 1st last 2 seasons and no NCAA bids.

    With Walhstrom, Giles, McBain and McLaughlin we should be able to upgrade our offense and make up for those games where we just lacked any scoring.

    There were many games when BC didn't score first it just felt they were already behind the 8-ball.

    Let's see how many OCC games they win.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

    Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

  8. #628
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Greater Boston, MA
    Posts
    8,530

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HHound View Post
    That's quite a crowd. I don't know how you stretch 18 Scholarships across 19 Forwards,8 Defensemen and 2 Goalies, especially considering the quality of your recruits and experienced returnees. It looks like several of those returning forwards may need some serious financial aid if they are going to stay at BC - or perhaps you have an average forward who can be converted to an above average defenseman.

    Regardless, you will be solid next year - even in the OC games. You always find a way to put a quality team on the ice.
    Best of luck! The Huskies would love to meet you in the Beanpot Final next year.
    Some scholies are split up and I'm sure a player or two will transfer out when they realize they will get limited playing time or none.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

    Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

  9. #629
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    South Shore, MA
    Posts
    7,523

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    There's very much a Lombardi/Price kind of feel to the guy... those are guys that win championships. Give me more Grecos.
    ^^^^^^ What he said. ^^^^^^
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

  10. #630
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    295

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

    You can't win the big one without a mature, strong, smart 4th line. Wasn't Almeida the other guy on that line?

  11. #631
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Greater Boston, MA
    Posts
    8,530
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    ^^^^^^ What he said. ^^^^^^
    The problem lately is no finishers and too many 3rd and 4th liners.🏒🦅

  12. #632
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,874
    Quote Originally Posted by PPGuru View Post
    You can't win the big one without a mature, strong, smart 4th line. Wasn't Almeida the other guy on that line?
    It's unreal when you go back and look at their lineup for the 2010-2011 season. Better lineup than 2010 and 2012 title teams but didn't win it. Check out the linechart from that season. Wow.

  13. #633
    Doggie Out! Afuera!
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    South Shore
    Posts
    725

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    It's unreal when you go back and look at their lineup for the 2010-2011 season. Better lineup than 2010 and 2012 title teams but didn't win it. Check out the linechart from that season. Wow.
    I believe Jaden Schwartz had a little something to do with that. Totally agree with you. Amazing that they won it all the year before and the year after, but that roster was probably the most stacked of them all. It goes to show all it takes is one bad night at the wrong time, and none of it matters.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

    Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

    BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

  14. #634
    Holding court
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HOTel cORAL esSEX
    Posts
    5,739

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Check View Post
    I believe Jaden Schwartz had a little something to do with that. Totally agree with you. Amazing that they won it all the year before and the year after, but that roster was probably the most stacked of them all. It goes to show all it takes is one bad night at the wrong time, and none of it matters.
    I'll tell you one thing. John Muse deserved a better ending than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

  15. #635
    Doggie Out! Afuera!
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    South Shore
    Posts
    725

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    I'll tell you one thing. John Muse deserved a better ending than that.
    He did, but I'm guessing his two rings provide some solace.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

    Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

    BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

  16. #636
    Jerry York / Greg Brown 2020
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Chestnut Hill
    Posts
    17

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

    So I just saw an updated projected mock draft for 2019, and it looks very good for BC. As of right now they have Alex Newhook at #2 overall, Cam York at #8, Matthew Boldy at #27, and Spencer Knight at #48. And frankly, I think Knight will be a higher pick than that.
    Sucks to BU

  17. #637

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Windham, NH
    Posts
    6,340

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread



  18. #638
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,874

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

    That is certainly not a surprise

  19. #639
    Holding court
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HOTel cORAL esSEX
    Posts
    5,739

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmont_63 View Post
    So I just saw an updated projected mock draft for 2019, and it looks very good for BC.
    I think it's up for debate how good it is for BC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

  20. #640
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,487
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    That is certainly not a surprise
    Donít you get mad when terriors make cuts??

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •