Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
    Rather unusual to play two road games back to back Friday and Saturday against two different opponents. Usually only the Maine and Vermont series are played that way and that is against the same opponent in the same rink. Have to think BC is at a disadvantage because of that the second night against NU. Most times a split between Friday and Sunday or Thursday and Saturday is done to even out the disadvantage. Wonder if BC tried that with the scheduler or not?
    Checked to see if NU was playing on the road Friday night too but they are home. Definitely an advantage for NU but hopefully that stuff evens out over the course of a season.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Checked to see if NU was playing on the road Friday night too but they are home. Definitely an advantage for NU but hopefully that stuff evens out over the course of a season.
      It is another challenge playing back to back on the road in Hockey East and hopefully BC will get points this weekend.

I say this is just as tough a schedule as down Comm Ave rivals. Playing DU, SCSU and Wisconsin etc after reading a comment on their thread that they have the toughest schedule. 🔥

I plan to attend both Road games and hope they get more points in Hockey East standings 🍺
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

I apologize in advance for this off topic post, but was wondering if some of the local Bostonians could help me out. I am flying back home from Boston this afternoon, and would like to get my daughter a Boston Pride souvineir (t-shirt, hat, etc). Do you think I would be able to find something like that at the airport, or would I have to get it before I get there?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
          I apologize in advance for this off topic post, but was wondering if some of the local Bostonians could help me out. I am flying back home from Boston this afternoon, and would like to get my daughter a Boston Pride souvineir (t-shirt, hat, etc). Do you think I would be able to find something like that at the airport, or would I have to get it before I get there?

Thanks!
          for sure you will find something at the airport. If nothing to your liking, Faneuil Hall

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            for sure you will find something at the airport. If nothing to your liking, Faneuil Hall
            so sayeth the guy living in cali
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Pregame quote from York: Umile toughest coach i've had to go against

Comment

nice win. late in third, BC controlled the puck for about 3 minutes until 1:40 or so left including a PP, didnt score, but still very impressive. Get better every game as BB would say. I like this team, it's balls to the wall, every second, on every shift, by everyone

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  so sayeth the guy living in cali
                  lol, im back every 5-6 weeks, i knoweth

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                    nice win. late in third, BC controlled the puck for about 3 minutes until 1:40 or so left including a PP, didnt score, but still very impressive. Get better every game as BB would say. I like this team, it's balls to the wall, every second, on every shift, by everyone
                    Nice to escape with 2 points and maybe BC can get 2 more on Saturday )

Game could have gone either way.

When BC is the defensive zone, they scare me when they're regrouping and organizing to break out of the zone.
                    Sometimes I just wish they just quickly clear the puck out of the zone before someone turns it over in the zone.
                    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

I would expect this streak to come to an end tonight but regardless, good opportunity on the road against what right now is the best team in the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        I would expect this streak to come to an end tonight but regardless, good opportunity on the road against what right now is the best team in the league.
                        Let’s be positive and eek out 2 more points or even one point for 3-point weekend on the road is nice 👍

Comment

Well then. It might be like being the tallest midget but BC is the best team in the league right now. Pretty scary for all these top notch teams that were picked ahead of them. Great coaching job by York so far this year.

Comment

Since when do you guys play like Lowell? Impressive defensive effort and Woll is the best goaltender I've seen NU play this year.
                            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

The tight forechecking and defense is much better. Passing was really crisp for the most part.

I saw much better movement with and without the puck tonight.

Let's hope they can continue this for the next few weeks. Good to see them piling on points in HE.

Comment

The demise of BC has been grossly overstated. That was one of, if not the most impressive defensive performances I've seen all year, against NU or otherwise. Had the answer at every turn NU made. Some flukey goals certainly will help the BC offensive numbers but this game was never in any doubt after the first goal went in. Well done to the Eagles, the game in December should be a good one
                                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X