X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    Yes'm.
    Not halfway around the world
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Originally posted by Marshmont_63 View Post
      I tried to post a response yesterday, PPGuru, but fsr it said a moderator needed to approve the comment. No idea why. Anyways... Yeah, I think they could defer a couple of recruits, but they're still going to have a glut of forwards in the '19-'20 season. Dudek and Brown are the only forwards who will graduate after the '18-'19 season, and no other players should leave early for the pros (maybe McBain, but I think he'll come back for a second season). The staff will bring in Moynihan, Newhook, and Weight in '19-'20. And based on the way Boldy is playing right now, I suspect he'll arrive in '19-'20 as opposed to '20-'21. So, even if we delay a couple of recruits for a year, we're still going to have a lot of forwards. Honestly, though, there will likely be a couple of players who will transfer out of BC. Greco, Walker, and Booth will likely never see another minute of ice time after this season is over. Merulla already isn't playing this year. Those four guys strike me as potential transfers. Even if all four leave, we're still going to have 17 forwards for the '18-'19 season and 18 forwards for the '19-'20 season. (As an aside, I already know that Cassetti is no longer committed.) Another interesting note is that if Hutsko and Tortora are drafted in the 2018 NHL draft as over-agers, BC could potentially have 11 drafted forwards on their team next year. And if McBain sticks around for a second season in '19-'20, it's possible BC could have 12 drafted forwards. Pretty sure that's never happened in college hockey. Obviously, that's contingent upon Tortora and Hutsko being drafted as over-agers and everyone else being drafted according to their current projections.
      It looks like McBain is ranked pretty highly for this year's draft. How much of a risk is he to not show up next fall?

Comment

Given recent history i am not holding my breath he shows up

Comment

I'm cautiously optimistic about McBain. I saw an interview he did where he talked about how he can't wait to come to Boston and play here. It was also a good sign that he decided to come back to the OJHL this year. The Barrie Colts made a strong push to get him to join their team months ago, and he still decided to return to the OJHL.

Comment

Beer and wine debuting at Conte tonight

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              What brought about this change ? Not sure if it is a good thing or bad thing.
              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                My guess is the new AD got here from Big Ten land and said wait you guys don't sell alcohol at games? I just looked it up and Ohio State started selling beer at football games last year. And it looks to be a growing trend around the country. Chance to make more money and perhaps attract some more people to games--although I don't have any data on the attendance part.

Comment

My guess is the new AD got here from Big Ten land and said wait you guys don't sell alcohol at games? I just looked it up and Ohio State started selling beer at football games last year. And it looks to be a growing trend around the country. Chance to make more money and perhaps attract some more people to games--although I don't have any data on the attendance part.
                  I'm sure they will be strict with IDs with all the underage students around.
                  Even upstairs at Pikes I rarely buy a beer because I have to drive home later.
                  At BU the lines are too long and it takes awhile so you don't have time to go to the restroom and back to your seat for the game.
                  NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

Do you guys livestream your games?
                    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

The game will be streamed on ESPN3

Comment

You beat me to it! just 12 years too late for my liking but I'll take it

It is a resounding GOOD thing. I dont have to drink rum and coke any more at the games. It's about time too..............Bravo Martin Jarmond! This guy is gonna be great for the athletic department, just you watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by popester View Post
                          The game will be streamed on ESPN3
                          which does NOTHING for Mookie
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            which does NOTHING for Mookie
                            so you have no access to the internet? ESPN3 streams everything on line

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                              so you have no access to the internet? ESPN3 streams everything on line
                              Does this include the womens hockey ?

Comment

Does this include the womens hockey ?
                                yes, watching BC-BU women's right now as i work Ray. 2-2 in OT

Comment

Working...
                                X