X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    well, we'll take it!

ya, ok, thanks
    Ugh sorry they lost but they'll be back...at least they took down Maryland.
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      Ugh sorry they lost but they'll be back...at least they took down Maryland.
      They're also the last team to beat Clarkson women in the NCAA tournament.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Congrats on the national championship and all the trimmings

And congrats to the women’s lacrosse team too on their success

Happy hardware!

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
          My top 6 would be Kim, Moore, Mattila, Sammuelsson, Fitzgerald & Karow but with Finkelstein in January maybe Karow & McGinnis would be scratches barring injuries.
          I completely agree.

Comment

Here's a question... With the recent addition of Wahlstrom, which forwards do you think will not crack the starting lineup next season? IMO, the 12 forwards to crack the lineup will be: Brown, Dudek, Cotton, Mattila, McPhee, Grando, Hutsko, Rasanen, Tortora, Giles, McBain, and Wahlstrom. So Booth, Greco, Merulla, Walker, Carreau, Bouquot, and McLaughlin shouldn't see much ice time. The nice thing about this lineup is that all four lines can score. Obviously these lines pairings are pure speculation and they'll undoubtedly change throughout the season, but the offense could look something like this:

Hutsko - Cotton - Wahlstrom
            McPhee - Mattila - Brown
            Grando - McBain - Tortora
            Giles - Rasanen - Dudek

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmont_63 View Post
              Here's a question... With the recent addition of Wahlstrom, which forwards do you think will not crack the starting lineup next season? IMO, the 12 forwards to crack the lineup will be: Brown, Dudek, Cotton, Mattila, McPhee, Grando, Hutsko, Rasanen, Tortora, Giles, McBain, and Wahlstrom. So Booth, Greco, Merulla, Walker, Carreau, Bouquot, and McLaughlin shouldn't see much ice time. The nice thing about this lineup is that all four lines can score. Obviously these lines pairings are pure speculation and they'll undoubtedly change throughout the season, but the offense could look something like this:

McPhee - Mattila - Brown
              Giles - Rasanen - Dudek
              That's quite a crowd. I don't know how you stretch 18 Scholarships across 19 Forwards,8 Defensemen and 2 Goalies, especially considering the quality of your recruits and experienced returnees. It looks like several of those returning forwards may need some serious financial aid if they are going to stay at BC - or perhaps you have an average forward who can be converted to an above average defenseman.

Regardless, you will be solid next year - even in the OC games. You always find a way to put a quality team on the ice.
              Best of luck! The Huskies would love to meet you in the Beanpot Final next year.

Comment

McPhee - Mattila - Brown
                Giles - Rasanen - Dudek
                I hope/think you will some guys rotating in. No way should Greco be on the bench every night. He should play at least 20 games next year. Carreau is another guy that I think should be rotated in to see what kind of progress he has made - think he has some upside from what people have told me. Lots of depth.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

McPhee - Mattila - Brown
                  Giles - Rasanen - Dudek
                  Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  I hope/think you will some guys rotating in. No way should Greco be on the bench every night. He should play at least 20 games next year. Carreau is another guy that I think should be rotated in to see what kind of progress he has made - think he has some upside from what people have told me. Lots of depth.
                  Agree on Greco. He played in every game last season. He'll be a solid candidate for 4th line just like last year. Bouquot is not coming next year. After Wahlstrom, I think McBain and McLaughlin are most ready up front. And then Giles. Carreau and Walker will compete for time. Booth and Merulla won't see the ice. Taking those two out of the mix, you're still talking 16 forwards for 12 spots every night. Plenty of competition and depth. Good quality on the team as well. That being said, I have a hard time believing all of these guys are gonna stick around. Whether we see a midseason departure, etc. who knows. They have the right numbers on defense and in goal. The glut is at forward. Based on what we think the roster will look like, I would predict the following 12 forwards on opening night:

Hutsko
                  Cotton
                  Mattila
                  McPhee
                  Brown
                  Dudek
                  Grando
                  Rasanen
                  Tortora
                  Greco
                  Wahlstrom
                  McBain

I would put Hutsko with Wahlstrom and figure the rest out from there.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Agree on Greco. He played in every game last season. He'll be a solid candidate for 4th line just like last year.
                    There's very much a Lombardi/Price kind of feel to the guy... those are guys that win championships. Give me more Grecos.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Agree on Greco. He played in every game last season. He'll be a solid candidate for 4th line just like last year. Bouquot is not coming next year. After Wahlstrom, I think McBain and McLaughlin are most ready up front. And then Giles. Carreau and Walker will compete for time. Booth and Merulla won't see the ice. Taking those two out of the mix, you're still talking 16 forwards for 12 spots every night. Plenty of competition and depth. Good quality on the team as well. That being said, I have a hard time believing all of these guys are gonna stick around. Whether we see a midseason departure, etc. who knows. They have the right numbers on defense and in goal. The glut is at forward. Based on what we think the roster will look like, I would predict the following 12 forwards on opening night:

Hutsko
                      Cotton
                      Mattila
                      McPhee
                      Brown
                      Dudek
                      Grando
                      Rasanen
                      Tortora
                      Greco
                      Wahlstrom
                      McBain

I would put Hutsko with Wahlstrom and figure the rest out from there.
                      From conversations last year during the last part of the season especially, some discussion by members of Pikes thought Dudek and Brown regressed from the previous season.

I know Brown has a family member behind the bench like McGinnis but Dudek went from 15 goals to about half that last season. He is one guy to see bench time unless he picks it up.

But who knows ? Maybe with someone like Wahlstrom on the team, he will make everyone play better like Eichel did for BU.

I'm really hopeful for next season with the experience this team has gained from the last 2 seasons and with the infusion of new talent.
                      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

McPhee - Mattila - Brown
                        Giles - Rasanen - Dudek
                        Mclaughlin is college hockey ready. Yes he was injured most of last year, but he was almost a point per game player when he did play. Natural Center but played RW as well in the USHL. I have watched him for a 1.5 years here in Cedar Rapids, He is going to be a huge asset to BC......Amazing PK kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                          From conversations last year during the last part of the season especially, some discussion by members of Pikes thought Dudek and Brown regressed from the previous season.

I know Brown has a family member behind the bench like McGinnis but Dudek went from 15 goals to about half that last season. He is one guy to see bench time unless he picks it up.

But who knows ? Maybe with someone like Wahlstrom on the team, he will make everyone play better like Eichel did for BU.

I'm really hopeful for next season with the experience this team has gained from the last 2 seasons and with the infusion of new talent.
                          I would be stunned if Brown and/or Dudek are not regulars.

Comment

And I agree about McLaughlin. Before Wahlstrom, I thought both he and McBain were ahead of Giles. Good luck to anyone trying to figure this out. I have to believe a good player or two will be moving on at some point.

Comment

I would be stunned if Brown and/or Dudek are not regulars.
                              BC won the regular season or tie at least for 1st last 2 seasons and no NCAA bids.

With Walhstrom, Giles, McBain and McLaughlin we should be able to upgrade our offense and make up for those games where we just lacked any scoring.

There were many games when BC didn't score first it just felt they were already behind the 8-ball.

Let's see how many OCC games they win.
                              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                                That's quite a crowd. I don't know how you stretch 18 Scholarships across 19 Forwards,8 Defensemen and 2 Goalies, especially considering the quality of your recruits and experienced returnees. It looks like several of those returning forwards may need some serious financial aid if they are going to stay at BC - or perhaps you have an average forward who can be converted to an above average defenseman.

Regardless, you will be solid next year - even in the OC games. You always find a way to put a quality team on the ice.
                                Best of luck! The Huskies would love to meet you in the Beanpot Final next year.
                                Some scholies are split up and I'm sure a player or two will transfer out when they realize they will get limited playing time or none.

Comment

Working...
                                X