Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    like it matters...... igles all the way. 8-0 over terriors and 12-1 in the final.
    Oh stop sandbagging 💄 BC and BU are equally bad this year. But I suspect NU will end up winning Hockey East anyway
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
      BC’s SOG numbers look anemic through two games, at HOME. If they survive Merrimack they’ll have to scare up more offensive chances to make the HE Final.
      Not only the low SOG but the poor quality of the shots. Shot selection is very poor. When they have a good shot they usually pass and end up with no shot in net. A lot of poor passes and the timing is usually poor leading to many of their shots blocked or deflected harmlessly away. If you also notice Fitzy has had a number of shots blocked at the blue line.

How many shots close in where they completely missed the net ?

If they make the final Saturday that should be the end of their season. This team just doesn’t have what it takes this year but give them credit for winning 1st place and making it respectable with 20 wins.

Jarmond fielded a few questions upstairs at pikes before the game about the athletics at BC.
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
        This team just doesn’t have what it takes this year but give them credit for winning 1st place and making it respectable with 20 wins.

yep, amazing this group has won 20 games. Massive kudos to Jerry and his staff and to the kids.......... for all the shortcomings the team has,they busted their tails every shift in every game.

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
          yep, amazing this group has won 20 games. Massive kudos to Jerry and his staff and to the kids.......... for all the shortcomings the team has,they busted their tails every shift in every game.
          I don’t know if they played hard every shift because in some games and periods they looked like they took it off. Look at the losses or some of the losses where they looked awful. The out of conference games particularly hurt and no wins except a tie. The UConn game was painful to watch in Hartford for the most part and other games I watched or listened to on the radio. Too inconsistent this season. Hopefully with more talent next season BC will look more like a BC team we expect to see under York.

It was a amusing to hear him say we don’t want to play cupcakes one evening at pikes. 😎

Comment

If nothing else, BC needs a better showing at TD Garden than the last time they saw the place. I think that weighs on them, as does the likelihood that they will probably go no further this year without winning Friday.
            Chris V
            Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Michigan Tech beat Minnesota State. That sucks. Two from the WCHA now.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                BC doesn't deserve the credit for that attendance. Merrimack brought a big student section and band.
                I thought that was great. I'll take anything that demonstrates enthusiasm for college hockey.
                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                BC - 12
                BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

I don’t know if they played hard every shift because in some games and periods they looked like they took it off. Look at the losses or some of the losses where they looked awful. The out of conference games particularly hurt and no wins except a tie. The UConn game was painful to watch in Hartford for the most part and other games I watched or listened to on the radio. Too inconsistent this season. Hopefully with more talent next season BC will look more like a BC team we expect to see under York.

It was a amusing to hear him say we don’t want to play cupcakes one evening at pikes. 😎
                  One of the hallmarks of a truly good team is that they can play less than their best and still win games. This BC team had/has no chance if they don't bring their "A" game, unless Woll steals it. No margin for error.
                  The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                  BC - 12
                  BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

It was a amusing to hear him say we don’t want to play cupcakes one evening at pikes. ��
                    I saw about 1/2 or more of the games Ray so I'll defer to you on that. Didnt see the stinker at UConn but to my eyes and what i saw, they seemed to be a hard working group.

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                      One of the hallmarks of a truly good team is that they can play less than their best and still win games. This BC team had/has no chance if they don't bring their "A" game, unless Woll steals it. No margin for error.
                      agree, but if both of these teams bring their A games, we are going home. Woll hot at the right time, so there's that.

Comment

I don't even know what BUs A game is. Have they showed it at all this year? They have more top talent but it is possible that collectively BC is still a better team. BU has the potential for more game changers though, we'll see how the game unfolds.

Woll has absolutely been tremendous lately. The goalie we thought we were getting all along.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          I don't even know what BUs A game is. Have they showed it at all this year? They have more top talent but it is possible that collectively BC is still a better team. BU has the potential for more game changers though, we'll see how the game unfolds.

Woll has absolutely been tremendous lately. The goalie we thought we were getting all along.
                          LOL, that's true with BU but i meant if all that talent clicks , that's their A game.........................a different note. I know we have the Harvard fan that posts, Bothman, that lives in San Francisco but anyone else know of a Boston Sports Bar in San Francisco? I hear Shanghai Kelly's in one and Connecticut Yankee another (dont want to have to go all the way south of the mission since i'm coming from the north. )

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            agree, but if both of these teams bring their A games, we are going home. Woll hot at the right time, so there's that.
                            That means pucks on net and better control in the neutral and defensive zones. Turnovers and bad decisions with the puck are fatal for this team.

Hopefully Finkelstein and Samuelsson will upgrade the defense next year while the new forwards improve our lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                              This BC team had/has no chance if they don't bring their "A" game, unless Woll steals it. No margin for error.
                              I mean, BC/Woll did exactly that last year against BU in the semis. I don't know what the chances are of that happening again but... there's a chance.

But the time the HE semis roll around, these games become fascinating. It's more than just hockey ability. Teams are going to do some good and bad things and it becomes very much a game of mental toughness. The other team scored a goal, will you get rattled and let them score a few more or will you answer back? You made a bad play, can you shake it off and get back on your game for the next shift? It's basically an NCAA game right here on Friday - it's round 1 for BC and BU and instead of 4 rounds it's a 6 round tournament.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Courtesy of HE, some interesting notes:

No. 1 Boston College (20-13-4, 18-6-0 HEA) advances to the semifinals for the third straight year after claiming its 16th Hockey East regular season title. No. 4 Boston University (19-13-4, 12-8-4 HEA) advances to the TD Garden for the fourth consecutive season, winning its 12th straight quarterfinal game to do so. It is the second year in a row that the Eagles and Terriers will meet in the Hockey East semifinals. In 2017, the Eagles topped the Terriers, 3-2, to advance to their league-record 17th appearance in the championship contest. Both programs are skating in the Hockey East semifinals for the 24th time, the most of any school in league tournament history. All-time in postseason play, Boston University owns a 9-4 record over Boston College in 10 previous series, including a 3-2 mark in the semifinals. Between the Eagles (11) and Terriers (9), the two programs have claimed 20 of the previous 33 Hockey East Tournament titles. During the regular season, the teams split a pair of Hockey East games, 1-1-0.

but having a brain cramp with this:

All-time in postseason play, Boston University owns a 9-4 record over Boston College in 10 previous series, including a 3-2 mark in the semifinals.

Comment

Working...
                                X