Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

I am a fan of those potato wedges they have now!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Good luck to the conte bullgang trying to get everyone off the court so they can flip it over for hockey tonight. They certainly weren't banking on that...
      I just had to take a cold shower

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Good luck to the conte bullgang trying to get everyone off the court so they can flip it over for hockey tonight. They certainly weren't banking on that...
        We hung out for a bit after knowing there would be a line out of the garage. Court was empty and they were already clearing it all off within 15 minites. They will have no problems..

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
          you certainly got your money's worth!!! I just cant believe what i just watched. Was that the BC basketball team or an imposter?

Oh, and if you need any help with what to buy for food at Conte, FiveHole12 has tried everything, he can steer you in the right direction
          Great game and atmosphere. (Although my wife who went to Duke didn’t love the result! )

Actually loved the game time. I wish they did a few Hockey matinees.

And you know how much I love a good arena concession stand food discussion!
          Last edited by ericredaxe; 12-09-2017, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
            Great game and atmosphere. (Although my wife who went to Duke didn’t love the result! )

Oh well, your wife is spoiled , she'll live .....................and yes i know about your arena concession obsession FiveHole12 loves the clam chowder and the popcorn, if he doesnt spill it all over everyone in his row before he gets to eat it.

Comment

Probably a good idea to stay out of the box against NU as that's the way they're gonna beat you

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                What fluky goal? PC won that title with a wrist shot over O’Connor’s shoulder? The fluky goal was the tying goal not the winning goal.
                The goals. Fluky. How soon they forget
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Some of the Duke fans near me were going “you can’t Do that to us !” referring to the calls against Duke��during the game.

And honestly I didn’t know where Duke was ranked as I have not followed college basketball rankings this year but know usually Duke is a top 5 team and I would get these looks like I should know better ⛳️that they were #1

Like the BU Hockey BC hoops can be like a jekyl and Hyde team this year

I bought the 4 dog deal but they wouldn’t let me get 2 beers instead of 2 soft drinks ������

It's never like this for a hoops game except when they play someone like Duke, a high profile team. The lines were so bad for concessions and there was nowhere to go as people kept cutting through the concession lines to go to the restrooms and to get back to the seats.
                  Last edited by BCeagle; 12-10-2017, 10:26 AM.
                  NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

This may be shortlived but football, basketball and hockey are decent right now. Pinstripe Bowl and soundly beating FSU and Syracuse 🏈

🏀Hoops beating Duke

🏒Hockey on top of Hockey East so far 🍺🍺
                    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Probably a good idea to stay out of the box against NU as that's the way they're gonna beat you
                      Yeah, maybe taking a bunch of penalties against them wasn't such a good idea. Don't think a special teams game is the way to go. The difference between NU's powerplay and BC's powerplay is a chasm.
                      The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                      BC - 12
                      BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

A tough way to go into the holiday break. A thorough butt kicking, that was.
                        The penalties killed us, but the D is still struggling mightily to get the puck out of our zone. An aggressive forecheck by the opponent spells big trouble. Gotta work on that.
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Probably didn't help then that they moved Moore to forward because Dudek was out. I doubt we see that again.

Comment

Having said that, I would have easily taken 9-7-2 from 1-5-1. Also, looking at the top half of the league they haven't fallen behind in tiebreakers. They split with PC, NU and BU thus far. First place right now although NU could be even with that game in hand. Very strange seeing UConn with 13 league games played and UMass with only 7.

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                              Some of the Duke fans near me were going “you can’t Do that to us !” referring to the calls against Duke��during the game.

And honestly I didn’t know where Duke was ranked as I have not followed college basketball rankings this year but know usually Duke is a top 5 team and I would get these looks like I should know better ⛳️that they were #1

Like the BU Hockey BC hoops can be like a jekyl and Hyde team this year

I bought the 4 dog deal but they wouldn’t let me get 2 beers instead of 2 soft drinks ������

It's never like this for a hoops game except when they play someone like Duke, a high profile team. The lines were so bad for concessions and there was nowhere to go as people kept cutting through the concession lines to go to the restrooms and to get back to the seats.
                              it was like that for a good `10 year run at least. Those Big East games rocked the place.

Comment

Having said that, I would have easily taken 9-7-2 from 1-5-1. Also, looking at the top half of the league they haven't fallen behind in tiebreakers. They split with PC, NU and BU thus far. First place right now although NU could be even with that game in hand. Very strange seeing UConn with 13 league games played and UMass with only 7.
                                was coming in here to herald the 9-7-2 at this point after where we were. Saturday was a bit of a let down, would have been nice to snag that one at home. The air must have been sucked out of the building after the basketball game. I'll take the trade off............. When was the last time NU beat BC in a league game? My niece in the athletic dept at NU told me that some non winning streak vs BC ended saturday

Comment

Working...
                                X