Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    Since when do you guys play like Lowell? Impressive defensive effort and Woll is the best goaltender I've seen NU play this year.
    Didn't see last night's game but it could just be a different approach based on opponent. Gotta know your personnel. If you don't have the weapons to play how you want to play, adapt and put them in position to be successful.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

20 games to go

11 home
      5 away
      4 neutral site

Comment

Nice to see the progress this team has made now that they're through the Denver/St. Cloud portion of their schedule. Two very nice road wins this weekend, especially at Matthews, always a tough place to play on the road.

And on an unrelated note, AJ Dillon is a beast. That is all.
        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
        BC - 12
        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

I don't know how long they can sustain this but we know this is how they must play to win.

This was the best game I've seen them play this year in all three zones.

They kind of laid back in the 2nd period but went back to getting more shots on net and got those goals to put the game away.

McPhee's wrist shot was a laser from the right circle and what we need more from him since we don't have a true sniper on the team.

We're an offense by committee.

In many of the games, their shots are blocked and harmlessly deflected away from the opposing goalie. Learning to take good shots

at the right moment is what they need to do more. (Quick release)

The next 5 games including Harvard are winnable games if they keep sustaining this type of consistent play.

Their non conference record is horrendous so they need to pile on the points in league games and hopefully they can

make the NCAAs this year.
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Hope everyone has a nice thanksgiving turkey day 🍺
            Looking forward to Friday’ matchup with Harvard. This is much needed out of conference game even if HU is off to a slow start. Keep the momentum going! 🔥
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

Up to #14 in the USCHO poll.
              Originally posted by mookie1995
              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                Up to #14 in the USCHO poll.
                watch H wake upon Friday

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                  watch H wake upon Friday
                  It's OK. The Eagles are wide awake and playing well.
                  Their play against NU last Saturday gives me high hopes. Exceptional defensive effort shutting them down.
                  Let's see if they can keep it rolling.
                  Go Eagles!

You around? I may have an extra.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                    Their play against NU last Saturday gives me high hopes. Exceptional defensive effort shutting them down.
                    Go Eagles!

Harvard is still a tough foe and after last year watching them them thoroughly trounce BC 🔥the Crimson will not be taken lightly.

They played Minnesota 2 tough games and Madsen is a very good goalie that can stone BC again.

But I am more confident BC will play them a much better game this time.

BC must avoid stupid penalties as last year they really made the Eagles pay on their power plays at Bright Arena 🥅

Hopefully BC can return the favor this time in their home Rink 🏒⛸⛸

Comment

Are they collecting toys again Friday for the annual charity around this time ?

Happy Thanksgiving !!!

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post

Happy Thanksgiving !!!
                        keep yer hands outta the bag this year!!!
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post

Happy Thanksgiving !!!
                          If this is correct, it will be at the BU and Northeastern games not the Harvard game. The NU game is December 9 not November 9 as stated below.

From the BC Promotions page:
                          Friday, November 24 vs. Harvard | 4 p.m. •Autograph Session: Now is your chance to get the autograph of your favorite Eagle! The team will be signing autographs immediately following their game against Harvard. Posters and markers will be provided.
                          •Giveaway: Posters and Magnets will be given away at the main gates.

Friday, December 1 vs. BU | 7 p.m. •100th Anniversary of the BC vs. BU Rivarly: Help us pack the house as we celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Battle of Comm Ave!
                          Annual Men's Hockey Toy Drive: Please consider bringing new, unwrapped toys for the team to deliver to Boston Children's Hospital this holiday season! The team will also be collecting toys on Saturday, Nov. 9, when they face Northeastern.
                          •The BC lacrosse team team will be featured on-ice during the first intermission. The Eagles competed in the NCAA Championship game inMay, and will begin their 2018 road to the championship this February.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                            Go Eagles!

I love the Friday after T'giving game but no, I'm out here in Cali, w ont be back until late December. Thanks though

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                              I love the Friday after T'giving game but no, I'm out here in Cali, w ont be back until late December. Thanks though
                              They've got a Sat afternoon(3:00) game on Dec 30th against UConn.
                              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

That was a very entertaining game probably deserving of a tie. I would think Harvard turns it around like BC has.

Comment

Working...
                                X