Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Nice to see BC back in the national polls for the first time in a decade - the Jagodzinski era.

The offense has a lot to work with if Brown can stay upright and he still has some ability to scramble that hasn't come out to play yet. Receivers are solid. OL is solid in the pass game (run game could use some more work IMO). Always have a few great TEs but don't use them enough.

Defense, I am not too worried. Wake abused them with the tempo offense and prevented them from substituting but may have been more wise to slow down and control the clock instead? Either way, you run 100+ offensive plays on mostly the same guys that are gassed, you are going to score some points (the last TD was conceded, so really wasn't too bad given that special teams abortion).

Anyway, hockey season is almost here. The boys are going to have to fight for attention now that football is back.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      Nice to see BC back in the national polls for the first time in a decade - the Jagodzinski era.

The offense has a lot to work with if Brown can stay upright and he still has some ability to scramble that hasn't come out to play yet. Receivers are solid. OL is solid in the pass game (run game could use some more work IMO). Always have a few great TEs but don't use them enough.

Defense, I am not too worried. Wake abused them with the tempo offense and prevented them from substituting but may have been more wise to slow down and control the clock instead? Either way, you run 100+ offensive plays on mostly the same guys that are gassed, you are going to score some points (the last TD was conceded, so really wasn't too bad given that special teams abortion).

Anyway, hockey season is almost here. The boys are going to have to fight for attention now that football is back.
      Finally! Someone remembered what this thread was all about. Hijacking your own thread was very impressive. I expect your team will be even more impressive. You won't meet my Huskies until March, unless you get to the Beanpot Finals. It's usually great fun(?) when the schedules come out and we find that we end our regular season with back to back games with a peaking, fined tuned Eagle squad
      If you stay healthy, you should have a great season - better than last year. Good luck, Beat the carp outta bu.

Comment

Saw on Twitter that Cam York decommitted.
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

When Jags was coach he had that one big win at FSU and we had a really good back and it was his freshman year but he transferred in his senior year or 5th year senior I think to Temple. Sitting in the stadium it was awesome to see the stunned Noles fans.

I really think this team can win a lot of games this year if they play good football and get sound in game coaching decisions. I can never understand why he cannot recruit a sound kicker as this is his 5th year I believe. The number of missed PATs and FGs that are just not acceptable especially the chip shots missed.
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
            Finally! Someone remembered what this thread was all about. Hijacking your own thread was very impressive. I expect your team will be even more impressive. You won't meet my Huskies until March, unless you get to the Beanpot Finals. It's usually great fun(?) when the schedules come out and we find that we end our regular season with back to back games with a peaking, fined tuned Eagle squad
            If you stay healthy, you should have a great season - better than last year. Good luck, Beat the carp outta bu.
            I was really disappointed in that this year, we don't get to visit Matthews until March. I always buy my tickets ahead of time to get good seats.
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
              Saw on Twitter that Cam York decommitted.
              That is interesting. I believe he is a dman, right? My first thought is maybe Greg Brown leaving has something to do with his decision. The other thoughts are obviously Major Junior or maybe he has run into some academic issues. Who knows at this point. We'll see where he ends up.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                That is interesting. I believe he is a dman, right? My first thought is maybe Greg Brown leaving has something to do with his decision. The other thoughts are obviously Major Junior or maybe he has run into some academic issues. Who knows at this point. We'll see where he ends up.
                Yes, dman. Assuming it's true, it's a tough loss. Bob McKenzie has him at around #12 in his draft ranking that just came out yesterday.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Back on June 3rd, Jeff Cox tweeted, the Boston College coaching staff has informed players there will be cuts made in the Fall. If true, shouldn't these be coming any day now? If so, can the kid(s) cut transfer without too much of a headache?

Comment

If you go to bceagles.com and go to the roster it brings you to last year's roster. But from within that page you can bring up the 18-19 roster:

https://bceagles.com/roster.aspx?ros...9&path=mhockey

Only player missing is Carreau who I think is playing in the USHL this season. I don't think the roster I linked to is official though. From what I heard there could still be a cut after the preseason workouts. Whenever the "preseason" is determined to be over I have no idea. I really wouldn't expect any big news. Merulla would be the most obvious choice to be cut but he has to be a walk on. I would imagine someone like him who has played in four games over two years would be content finishing his degree at BC rather than transferring. The only other two that stick out as potential cuts would be Mike Booth and Zach Walker. Only have 7 dmen on roster so they aren't cutting anyone there. So if someone gets cut I think it's from that group of three. I don't think either of them have pro futures either and they are both juniors. So if they get cut, that's an interesting decision to make. Stay and get your degree from BC or transfer somewhere else.

Comment

BC cuts six kids and no chatter!? USCHO is officially dead.
                      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                        BC cuts six kids and no chatter!? USCHO is officially dead.
                        who is they????
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Cut six kids...what? Where are you seeing that?

Comment

The official roster was posted. Knew a while back Carreau was going back to the USHL for a year. My guess there is he ultimately transfers somewhere else. Only "cut" appears to have been Mike Booth. He was undoubtedly a walk on who helped will out the roster after the mass exodus a few years back. So now a decision for him as a junior. Stay at BC and finish your degree or transfer somewhere else in the hopes of finding some playing time. He's not going on to pro hockey so I know what I would do.

Comment

“Now it appears Booth has been forced off the roster in addition to Carreau, Cassetti, Graham, Martan, and Shero.”

Here, mookie read this off the twitter machine
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                “Now it appears Booth has been forced off the roster in addition to Carreau, Cassetti, Graham, Martan, and Shero.”

Here, mookie read this off the twitter machine
                                Yea that's just stupid. This is like saying BU had 6 hockey players arrested for sexual assault (allegedly).

Shero was gone quite a while ago. 3 of them never even set foot on campus I believe
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X