Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    McInnis isn't going anywhere from all prior indications I've seen. I don't know why at this point the coaches would decide he isn't worthy of ice time.
    Maybe because the coaches have better options than the past two seasons. With Adam Samuelsson and Ben Finklestein coming aboard, McInnis could be one of the two defensemen sitting. I just didn't like what I saw from McInnis last year. Not much of a threat offensively. Not good with the puck in his own end. Isn't big/physical enough in his own end to really disrupt the opposing team. Every other defenseman has more to offer (in my opinion).

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
      Maybe because the coaches have better options than the past two seasons. With Adam Samuelsson and Ben Finklestein coming aboard, McInnis could be one of the two defensemen sitting. I just didn't like what I saw from McInnis last year. Not much of a threat offensively. Not good with the puck in his own end. Isn't big/physical enough in his own end to really disrupt the opposing team. Every other defenseman has more to offer (in my opinion).
      No different than the prior two seasons. And yet he played.

I don't disagree with what you're saying, just feel like the proof is there that he'll be in the lineup when healthy.

edit - fun fact... BC over two seasons is 12-2-0 combined without a certain defenseman in the lineup.
      Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 05-24-2018, 10:54 AM.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
        But every other defenseman doesn't have daddy behind the bench...
        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
        BC - 12
        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
          But every other defenseman doesn't have daddy behind the bench...
          Probably over the line. Just my opinion.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            No different than the prior two seasons. And yet he played.

I don't disagree with what you're saying, just feel like the proof is there that he'll be in the lineup when healthy.

edit - fun fact... BC over two seasons is 12-2-0 combined without a certain defenseman in the lineup.
            York has to make the final decision over the other coaches if Luke sits or plays from game to game. Having his dad behind the bench should not influence it.

When a guy is not playing well and continues to make gaffes that hurt the team, he needs to sit. #6 had no playing time last year and he left and transferred out in the 2nd semester.
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

For 2018-19

Forwards:

Hutsko, J. Mattila, Cotton, Grando, Walhstrom, Giles, Tortora, McLaughlin, McPhee, Walsh, Rasanen, Brown

Possible Scratches:

Carreau, Greco, Dudek, Booth, Walker, Merulla,

Defense:

Kim, Moore, Karow, Jesper Mattila, Sammuelsson, Fitzgerald, McGinnis

Goalies:

Woll, Edquiest, Milsoz
              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                For 2018-19

Forwards:

Hutsko, J. Mattila, Cotton, Grando, Walhstrom, Giles, Tortora, McLaughlin, McPhee, Walsh, Rasanen, Brown

Possible Scratches:

Defense:

Goalies:

Woll, Edquiest, Milsoz
                TJ Walsh is now a 2019-20 recruit
                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                  For 2018-19

Forwards:

Possible Scratches:

Defense:

Goalies:

Woll, Edquiest, Milsoz
                  Add Finkelstein on D with an asterisk, as he won't be immediately eligible.
                  The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                  BC - 12
                  BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                    Congrats on your 2019 Hockey East Championship and FF berth.

Olly Wolly heading your way.

What is the over/under on the number of times the Mini-one-on-one is shown and/or mentioned during the Beanpot? 50?
                    Thanks Mookie! oh, wait....

Comment

Non hockey news congrats to the BC Eagles Wmns Lax team beating nemesis Maryland yesterday! Heading to the 'Ship tomorrow v James Madison at Stonybrook noon start.
                      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                        Non hockey news congrats to the BC Eagles Wmns Lax team beating nemesis Maryland yesterday! Heading to the 'Ship tomorrow v James Madison at Stonybrook noon start.
                        you just jinxed them! i was holding out even mentioning it. Merrimack going for DII Natty in lacrosse today at Gillette. Good luck to the Warriors.......................and Lady Eagles too (ESPNU tomorrow)

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                          you just jinxed them! i was holding out even mentioning it. Merrimack going for DII Natty in lacrosse today at Gillette. Good luck to the Warriors.......................and Lady Eagles too (ESPNU tomorrow)
                          Eeeek! We went last year to Gillette and saw them there; I have officiated many games featuring their Dempsey Arsenault while she was in prep school (New Hampton) and I wish them well! If I hadn't made other plans for the weekend I would've made the trek. Now don't think for a minute I am a big BC Eagle sports fan but when it comes to Wmns Lax I am all in! 😉
                          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Congrats on the national championship and all the trimmings

And congrats to the women’s lacrosse team too on their success

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                              Add Finkelstein on D with an asterisk, as he won't be immediately eligible.
                              My top 6 would be Kim, Moore, Mattila, Sammuelsson, Fitzgerald & Karow but with Finkelstein in January maybe Karow & McGinnis would be scratches barring injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                                Eeeek! We went last year to Gillette and saw them there; I have officiated many games featuring their Dempsey Arsenault while she was in prep school (New Hampton) and I wish them well! If I hadn't made other plans for the weekend I would've made the trek. Now don't think for a minute I am a big BC Eagle sports fan but when it comes to Wmns Lax I am all in! 😉
                                well, we'll take it!

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                Congrats on the national championship and all the trimmings

And congrats to the women’s lacrosse team too on their success

ya, ok, thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X