Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Yea that's just stupid. This is like saying BU had 6 hockey players arrested for sexual assault (allegedly).

Shero was gone quite a while ago. 3 of them never even set foot on campus I believe
    Yeah, that's poorly written and maybe it was on purpose to create drama, who knows. Probably should have said:

In addition to Carreau, Cassetti, Graham, Martan and Shero officially no longer on BC's roster for a variety of reasons, it now appears Booth is no longer a member of the team.

Or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Yeah, that's poorly written and maybe it was on purpose to create drama, who knows. Probably should have said:

In addition to Carreau, Cassetti, Graham, Martan and Shero officially no longer on BC's roster for a variety of reasons, it now appears Booth is no longer a member of the team.

Or something like that.
      The author of that tweet is a BU blogger. It is complete BS. The only student athlete not on the latest roster is Booth. Shero was not on the team last year, Graham is at Miami of Ohio, Cassetti recently committed to Merrimack, Martan to Canisius and Carreau is playing in the USHL this season. The BU blogger is trying to stir up drama where there is none. It is typical roster management stuff. Nothing to see here. I doubt Burnt Boats has any inside info regarding BC Hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by MN Eagle View Post
        The author of that tweet is a BU blogger. It is complete BS. The only student athlete not on the latest roster is Booth. Shero was not on the team last year, Graham is at Miami of Ohio, Cassetti recently committed to Merrimack, Martan to Canisius and Carreau is playing in the USHL this season. The BU blogger is trying to stir up drama where there is none. It is typical roster management stuff. Nothing to see here. I doubt Burnt Boats has any inside info regarding BC Hockey.
        As always, you want to consider your source! Half of these kids never even appeared on a roster. Given that Shero was off the roster a while ago, he's not even half right. So basically, your typical BU fanboy standards.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          on purpose to create drama.
          Ya think?
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Burnt Boats is Agganis on here. Guy is an absolute troll/clown. Doesn't post very much on here anymore, saves his "brilliance" for twitter I guess.

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised if one of those forwards has volunteered to play Defense since 8 is a good number to carry there. 16 forwards is high but 14 is not so there may only be 1 more to leave if one goes on D and not necessarily it would be forced as sometimes players leave on their own.

Comment

Ya if anyone leaves now it's to pursue a chance for more ice time, etc. Roster is set. They waited as long as they could to announce because they were figuring out the last spot on the team. I'm not really sure why you would keep Merulla over Booth. Seems like a head scratcher but Booth wasn't going to see the ice regardless.

Comment

Imagine living in a universe where a list contains nothing but kids who were either previously on the roster and are no longer on said roster or who were committed to come in this fall and instead ended up joining lesser programs over the summer, and saying this list isn't a list of kids who were forced out. Talk about fake news.

Everybody overcommits these days, there's no reason to act like you have no idea about it. When you have an entire graduating class that just plain doesn't exist, your options are either to bring in extra players immediately to fill the hole and get rid of some of them in a couple of years to even the numbers back out, or to run a thin roster for a couple of years until that missing class gets phased out. Your team chose option A. Everybody knows they chose option A. This isn't a secret. Just because Carreau was mentioned on twitter a few months ago or someone else actually happened during last season doesn't suddenly make them not exist, they're still a part of what happened. Nobody said "BC cut six kids on Today, the 21st day of September 2018."
                  Last edited by TheRevengeance; 09-21-2018, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                    It's usually great fun(?) when the schedules come out and we find that we end our regular season with back to back games with a peaking, fined tuned Eagle squad
                    BC has not done that trick since 2012, or the last time we won a real trophy

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      As always, you want to consider your source! Half of these kids never even appeared on a roster. Given that Shero was off the roster a while ago, he's not even half right. So basically, your typical BU fanboy standards.
                      yeah, geez, with that spin talent he can easily get a job in the Bay Area as a newscaster

Comment

Imagine living in a universe where "everybody overcommits" but people feign outrage when it involves BC. When a kid like Martan who I don't think I ever heard one peep about (same for Monty Graham) commits to a program like Canisius a year ago, let's shake our fists in anger!!! Clearly he should be on the 2018-2019 BC roster even if it means he never plays in a single game. That would be good for him.

Nobody knows what goes on in these conversations when kids verbally commit to a school. Everyone just likes to pretend like they have all the facts. Every situation is different. If you look at Heisenberg's spreadsheet, you'll see cross outs all over the place for just about every school. I'm sure there a variety of reasons as to why that is. That's the current landscape of college hockey and it's certainly not unique to BC. It's disingenuous to pretend it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Imagine living in a universe where "everybody overcommits" but people feign outrage when it involves BC. When a kid like Martan who I don't think I ever heard one peep about (same for Monty Graham) commits to a program like Canisius a year ago, let's shake our fists in anger!!! Clearly he should be on the 2018-2019 BC roster even if it means he never plays in a single game. That would be good for him.

Nobody knows what goes on in these conversations when kids verbally commit to a school. Everyone just likes to pretend like they have all the facts. Every situation is different. If you look at Heisenberg's spreadsheet, you'll see cross outs all over the place for just about every school. I'm sure there a variety of reasons as to why that is. That's the current landscape of college hockey and it's certainly not unique to BC. It's disingenuous to pretend it is.
                          As someone who spends a lot of time watching prep, midget and junior hockey, I’m sick of the outrage as well. Even everyday students are held to standards once admitted to school. Acceptance letters tell students they must maintain a certain GPA, etc. Kids on academic scholarships have to maintain a certain GPA. What’s the difference? There is none except average students aren’t recognizable in media, school athletic department bios, etc.
                          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

This was the trap game I feared.

Addazio is being handed his first season embarrassment by Purdue.

Oh well back to the drawing board this week.
                            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

I thought Purdue would win. They aren't as bad as the 0-3 looked, were due for a breakthrough after losing three home games by a combined 8 points. Total debacle from BC though. Didn't expect a blowout.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                I thought Purdue would win. They aren't as bad as the 0-3 looked, were due for a breakthrough after losing three home games by a combined 8 points. Total debacle from BC though. Didn't expect a blowout.
                                I never under estimate a big 10 team but their scores with Missouri was close.

BC was totally awful.

Penalties, mistackling, bad play calling, bad punting, turnovers, etc. etc.

They relied on Dillon too much and Purdue was ready and waiting. They made no adjustments and the kicker missed another PAT at the end of the game.

Total team effort laying the big egg and give credit to the Boilermakers for playing a great game vs BC.
                                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Working...
                                X