Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

It will be too little too late if they don’t make the NCAA unless they win in the Hockey East Tournament.

1st is nice if they can win one more game but that’s about it. Not great by BC standards.

If they win HE Tournament and get in then that’s something after a horrendous Out of Conference record this year.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      God himself, Jeremy Swayman, gets pulled and mere mortal Joe Woll gets a shutout. BC can now win the title with a win Friday. If that happens and York isn't unanimous COTY, you should have your vote taken away.
      #5 didn’t put himself in a good light with that end of the game penalty and misconduct for that bush league stunt.
      Last edited by BCeagle; 02-17-2018, 09:37 PM.
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

Eat your hearts out BC fans. Watch Eeli Tolvanen on the Finish National team rack up the points in the Olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
          It will be too little too late if they don’t make the NCAA unless they win in the Hockey East Tournament.

1st is nice if they can win one more game but that’s about it. Not great by BC standards.

If they win HE Tournament and get in then that’s something after a horrendous Out of Conference record this year.
          Agree completely. I don't care if they win the regular season title if they don't make the tournament. It will be like the Bruins with the Adams Division Champions banners they used to have hanging at the Garden.
          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
          BC - 12
          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Eat your hearts out BC fans. Watch Eeli Tolvanen on the Finish National team rack up the points in the Olympics.
            Please don't remind me/us. That wound is still too fresh.
            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
            BC - 12
            BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

#5 didn’t put himself in a good light with that end of the game penalty and misconduct for that bush league stunt.
              It appeared to me that #5 came in late to protect his team mate from a Maine player who was wailing him. Still, sort of a cheap shot.
              Last edited by Runsub5; 02-18-2018, 07:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                God himself, Jeremy Swayman, gets pulled and mere mortal Joe Woll gets a shutout. BC can now win the title with a win Friday. If that happens and York isn't unanimous COTY, you should have your vote taken away.
                Is COTY supposed to be based on conference play only?

Comment

Considering the prrseason expectations i do care about the RS title. It would be a great achievement. I'd gladly take them blowing it if it meant they would instead win the tourney but take what you can get.

Comment

Remember how Eichel made BU so much better in his one year and almost a NCAA. Let's hope BC's luck changes regarding top recruits because they need it. 2 years of not making the NCAA is tough let alone a 3rd if he goes elsewhere.
                    would Tolvanen have done the same as Eichel and got BC to the end? I think BU had more talent on that roster than this one does but he certainly would have had them in the NCAA's and a **chance** to win it at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      would Tolvanen have done the same as Eichel and got BC to the end? I think BU had more talent on that roster than this one does but he certainly would have had them in the NCAA's and a **chance** to win it at least.
                      Not the same impact as him but it helps our defense too with added offense that is sorely missing in many games this year.

How many games would it impact if we had a pure go to guy ?

This team misses the net when taking shots and lacks SOG in many key games where the losses were lack of offensive threats. A player like this can make other players better like Eichel did for BU.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmont_63 View Post
                        So, it seems like Jeff Cox initially reported that Oliver Wahlstrom had decommited from Harvard and was choosing between BC and BU, but now it looks like Wahlstrom is committed to attending Harvard, provided he’s admitted. Regardless, it seems like there’s a good chance he ends up somewhere else. This would be a huge pickup for BC.
                        I understand it may be out of Wahlstrom's hands, but is there a timetable for his decision? Not sure who BC would push back if Wahlstrom does indeed decide to head to The Heights. But if he's as talented as he's suppose to be, I would welcome him in an Eagles uniform.

Comment

would be quite an accomplishment for this group and coach to win this trophy, as insignificant as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            would be quite an accomplishment for this group and coach to win this trophy, as insignificant as it is.
                            Agreed. Have to finish the job though.

A sweep would give them a mental boost heading into the playoffs that maybe something beyond is possible (PWR) and see if momentum can build for something pleasantly surprising. I will also add that all of these games are going to be important for next year. The more games they can play and bigger stage they play on, the better.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Goon squad out there for Maine right now

Comment

Congratulations on the Hockey East regular season title. Feel free to rest the team tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X