• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Matt O'Connor wishes Eichel picked BC

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmont_63 View Post
      I've also heard that he was a BC fan growing up. BCeagle, it seems that your statement about Eichel not being able to commit for more than one year was a problem for York. Is that correct? That seems strange to me. It's not like we haven't had guys that left after only one year before. Hanifin, Wood, Leetch etc. Regardless of how many years Eichel wanted to stay it seems crazy not to want that kind of talent, even for just one year.
      That's what I heard or was told by someone.

I agree with you even if it's only one year. He literally made BU a much better team and carried them to the final before bowing to PC on that flukey goal.

I don't know if other players were asked the same thing but I'm sure it is also possible if they're as talented as Eichel.
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

No one is talking about Saturday's game against NU.

I'm hoping for another shut down performance like at Matthews. Not like the BU game here at Conte ((

Anybody going to the Pinstripe Bowl in the Bronx ?
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Matt O'Connor wishes Eichel picked BC
          You mean Eichel wishes Matt O'Connor picked BC.
          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
          BC - 12
          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Question for the conte forum experts:

I’m looking at tickets for the BC / Duke game.

Are all of the Lower level tickets the style with a seat back? And, do the sections behind the net get obstructed at all by the student tickets (I assume students are in seats that are “set up” over what would be the ice?

Tix are for my parents so looking for the more comfortable seats and perhaps further away from the band / student sections.

Any input would be great!

Comment

All lower level seats have a seat back. Not sure on the obstructed view part though as I don't think I've been to a hoops game since Al Skinner was coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post

I agree with you even if it's only one year. He literally made BU a much better team and carried them to the final before bowing to PC on that flukey goal.

I don't know if other players were asked the same thing but I'm sure it is also possible if they're as talented as Eichel.
                You never know what the situations are in these deals. The Coaches hands might be tied by factors we aren't privy to. Had the good fortune to talk to Mike Mottau once and he told me he was a BU fan growing up. Parker wouldn't offer him a full ride and York did.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Are all of the Lower level tickets the style with a seat back? And, do the sections behind the net get obstructed at all by the student tickets (I assume students are in seats that are “set up” over what would be the ice?

Tix are for my parents so looking for the more comfortable seats and perhaps further away from the band / student sections.

I don't think S or student section have any obstruction but the band is in the corner in the S section by lower levels C & D. Section 13 on the opposite end is the end without the loud band.

All lower levels have backs to the seats. The bleacher seats or upper levels are bench seats and use double letters like LL, JJ, etc.

My seats are upper levels and cost from 60 to 70.

Those lower level and court side seats are much higher for high profile teams like Duke.

The loud speakers are loud and sitting next to the band makes it worst I'd imagine. But section 13 is behind the other basket without the band.

Comment

If you're willing to go to a BC basketball game, an athletic department rep will go full Cirque de Soleil and become a human chair for you for 2 hours.
                    BC Hockey 2008: NATIONAL CHAMPIONS... 2010 too now? OK then. 2012 or something? I can't keep up with this.

Anonymous Random Neg Rep Posted at 10:19 PM, 4/12/08, Moments After BC Won the National Title
                    After Mom and Dad's checks stop coming, where will you be, loser?

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post

What fluky goal? PC won that title with a wrist shot over O’Connor’s shoulder? The fluky goal was the tying goal not the winning goal.
                      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                        What fluky goal? PC won that title with a wrist shot over O’Connor’s shoulder? The fluky goal was the tying goal not the winning goal.
                        That’s exactly what I mean, the tieing goal that led to the winning goal ⛳️
                        Without the tieing goal on O’Connor you don’t get a chance to win in OT
                        Last edited by BCeagle; 12-10-2017, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                          Dope.
                          Originally posted by mookie1995
                          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                            I don't think S or student section have any obstruction but the band is in the corner in the S section by lower levels C & D. Section 13 on the opposite end is the end without the loud band.

All lower levels have backs to the seats. The bleacher seats or upper levels are bench seats and use double letters like LL, JJ, etc.

My seats are upper levels and cost from 60 to 70.

Those lower level and court side seats are much higher for high profile teams like Duke.

The loud speakers are loud and sitting next to the band makes it worst I'd imagine. But section 13 is behind the other basket without the band.
                            Thanks for the input. My folks ended up not being able to go so I just got some upper level tickets.

Oh and Conte Forum concessions with the win over Agganis by allowing 2 beers per ID! (And better Hot Dog consistency) very upsetting to this BU guy!

Comment

Thanks for the input. My folks ended up not being able to go so I just got some upper level tickets.

Oh and Conte Forum concessions with the win over Agganis by allowing 2 beers per ID! (And better Hot Dog consistency) very upsetting to this BU guy!
                              you certainly got your money's worth!!! I just cant believe what i just watched. Was that the BC basketball team or an imposter?

Oh, and if you need any help with what to buy for food at Conte, FiveHole12 has tried everything, he can steer you in the right direction

Comment

Good luck to the conte bullgang trying to get everyone off the court so they can flip it over for hockey tonight. They certainly weren't banking on that...

Comment

Working...
                                X