Clear All

Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Quinnipiac
    Wisconsin
    @Providence
    @St. Cloud x2
    @Providence
    Denver

Hopefully this early schedule turns out to be a good thing in terms of competition but wow...hard to imagine another team will have played this type of schedule the first month of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      They beatdown Minnesota State
      You could call it a beatdown looking only at the score. From the boxscore and reports from the game, the gameplay was much more even.

Comment

Thanks Tater, I'm sure you familiarized yourself with the reports from that game. Regardless of that, point remains about the league. Early on it's not looking like it's gonna be a good year. We'll see how the teams develop but I don't see a single team to point to and say there's our contender.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
          Watched the game Saturday night. Wasn't pretty. SCSU appeared the much faster/much more talented team. They got the 3-0 lead in the first and went into cruise control the rest of the way. To our credit, the Eagles never quit. Fought to the finish.

Couple of tough ones coming up this weekend. Have to tighten it up in the D zone or it's gonna be a long weekend.
          When I was growing up playing hockey, I used to do a power skating class every fall to help get prepared for the season. The guy who ran class was a semi-sadistic sort, but I remember something he used to say every year, as a player you can be a defenseman, a scorer, or a grinder, and grinders are a dime a dozen.

The point being, hard work is necessary and commendable, but it is not a substitute for talent.
          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
          BC - 12
          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
            When I was growing up playing hockey, I used to do a power skating class every fall to help get prepared for the season. The guy who ran class was a semi-sadistic sort, but I remember something he used to say every year, as a player you can be a defenseman, a scorer, or a grinder, and grinders are a dime a dozen.

The point being, hard work is necessary and commendable, but it is not a substitute for talent.
            Can't disagree with that, but I remain the eternal optimist.
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
              Watched the game Saturday night. Wasn't pretty. SCSU appeared the much faster/much more talented team. They got the 3-0 lead in the first and went into cruise control the rest of the way. To our credit, the Eagles never quit. Fought to the finish.

Couple of tough ones coming up this weekend. Have to tighten it up in the D zone or it's gonna be a long weekend.
              I was at that Saturday game, and that first period was great for me, but the rest of the game was pure torture. SCSU has a history of going into a shell after getting a big lead and then ceding momentum to the other team because of one or two mistakes. It's a flaw in Motzko's game plan.
              Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              This is not to say BC is a great team, far from it. But for this team, just an absolutely brutal schedule to start the year. St. Cloud could be up there with Denver at the end of the year. A lot of returning talent from last year. They beatdown Minnesota State, a team that swept BU at Agganis. And Minnesota State is supposed to be pretty good. NU swept by QU, UVM swept by Michigan, Lowell not off to a great start and Providence has underwhelmed as well. Very early in the season but that this point we don't even have one team that stacks up with the top teams in the country.
              Mankato State has played SCSU very tough over the past number of years, even when SCSU had the vastly superior team on paper. Hastings knows how to break Motzko's system unlike any other coach out there. The fact that SCSU was able to win so decisively on the score, while only putting up about half the shots that Mankato did, says a lot about the talent of this year's team.

Never did I think that I'd see BC play at the NHC, let alone to see BC swept there. This might be the most talented SCSU team from top to bottom since the 2000-2001 team that spent much of the year ranked #1.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                This might be the most talented SCSU team from top to bottom since the 2000-2001 team that spent much of the year ranked #1.
                But we know who ended that season ranked #1! Had to be said.
                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
                BU - 2

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                  But we know who ended that season ranked #1! Had to be said.
                  Yeah, that's back when we had "head coach" Craig Dahl running the team. He could coach any game into a loss and proved it regularly. That season added to our illustrious building of that 0-9 NCAA record we once owned.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/2...alry-alive-nhl

y'all have too many guys in the nhl
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Wow, is Denver good. I thought BC played a pretty good game, at least for most of the first two periods, and STILL ended up getting creamed in the end. As a measuring stick, that sure was an indication of how far BC has to go right now.
                      The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
                      BU - 2

Comment

Don't give up BC fans, we're still loyal and showing up for the games )

Driving up to UVM next weekend with some fans.

Nice win by the football team over FSU, tough games left with NC State and Syracuse
                        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Ya, this Denver team is what BC used to have. Win a title or come close and still have all your best players return the next year! Brutal schedule so far...time to start making up some ground. If not, the season will spiral well out of control.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/2...alry-alive-nhl

y'all have too many guys in the nhl
                            very cool

Comment

much needed sweep but boy does Hockey East suck so far this year. 8 out of 11 teams playing under .500. "Wicked " happy for UNH's start, hope it continues in Umile's swan song, would be a feel good story for a classy guy.

Comment

Was anybody there last night and saw the kicking incident at the end that got Woll tossed and suspended for Tuesday?
                                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
                                BU - 2

Comment

Working...
                                X