Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Ryan Day. Although the timelines probably won't match up and he'll be a head coach elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Ryan Day. Although the timelines probably won't match up and he'll be a head coach elsewhere.
      Exactly why I hadn't mentioned Day. By the time Daz becomes TOB with a mean streak and we all want to move on, Day will be scooped up.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        Should/could be an interesting FB season. We all know Daz will blow some games but he has whipped the program back into shape and there is some buzz on the recruiting trail and what is going on now with Dillon a legit Heisman contender and the team garnering some votes in the polls. Plus the new IPF is up and running which is a game-changer. Worst case scenario we take 10-win talent and win 7-8 games for a while and we're back in the TOB era which to be honest is light years ahead of where we were thanks to Spaziani and his midget bunghole paisan Gene D. Then maybe make a good choice in upgrading Daz.
        Some ray of light with Miami getting throttled by LSU and JMU giving NC State a close game.

Wake Forest and Purdue are winnable while HC and Temple should be wins.

FSU could be winnable depending on how their QB progresses but it was nice to beat FSU last year at the Heights.

I'm not high on Daz but Jarmond needs to make a decision on a better coach if the opportunities come about to improve the coaching position. 7-5 or 6-6 record cannot be acceptable if BC is to move up as a program.
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

i know we moan about the fact that we are the last to release the hockey schedule but don't you think 9/12 is a bit ridiculous? You click on mens' hockey schedule and still get this:

https://bceagles.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhockey

Come aahhhnn! Who's in charge of the website!!! Geesh!

Comment

Go to the Hockey East website. You can get all schedules there.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              Should/could be an interesting FB season. We all know Daz will blow some games but he has whipped the program back into shape and there is some buzz on the recruiting trail and what is going on now with Dillon a legit Heisman contender and the team garnering some votes in the polls. Plus the new IPF is up and running which is a game-changer. Worst case scenario we take 10-win talent and win 7-8 games for a while and we're back in the TOB era which to be honest is light years ahead of where we were thanks to Spaziani and his midget bunghole paisan Gene D. Then maybe make a good choice in upgrading Daz.
              nice win tonight. Took care of business

Comment

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
                Go to the Hockey East website. You can get all schedules there.
                i know where the schedules are. i was poking fun at the BC website, but thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                  I’m glad they won as I heard they won 41-34 as I watched joe Kelley blow it in the 8th for Rodriguez at the Sox game.

Later when I got home I saw the edited replay of the game and happy they won despite the poor special teams play again that gave WF 15 points.

A missed PAT, a dropped punt by Walker that led to a WF TD, and a muffed punt that led to another TD for WF.

The game was closer than it should be but happy to get a W on the road.

Special teams under Daz reign has been a weakness since he took over.

We can expect 8-4 or better if BC gets lucky.

Clemson and Virginia Tech has their number and tough games against FSU and Miami. It’s possible they can beat the Canes and FSU but I expect Daz to blow a certain amount of games with his coaching each year.

Losing to Iowa in the Pinstripe was one of them.
                  NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                    I’m glad they won as I heard they won 41-34 as I watched joe Kelley blow it in the 8th for Rodriguez at the Sox game.

Later when I got home I saw the edited replay of the game and happy they won despite the poor special teams play again that gave WF 15 points.

A missed PAT, a dropped punt by Walker that led to a WF TD, and a muffed punt that led to another TD for WF.

Clemson and Virginia Tech has their number and tough games against FSU and Miami. It’s possible they can beat the Canes and FSU but I expect Daz to blow a certain amount of games with his coaching each year.

RAY! you watched a meaningless Red Sox game while a huge BC football game was on? Come on, man!

Edit: oh, it seems you were AT the Sox game, still, we need to burn you at the stake! give those tickets away :-)

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      I think if I were an opposing defensive coordinator I would now be officially getting concerned. I know it's only three games, but the passing game looks to have improved by leaps and bounds from last year and if that's the case, combine it together with Dillon and they are looking mighty difficult to defend.

The regular concerns about Addazio's coaching and this team/program's propensity to blow winnable games will always be there, but it's sure nice to have legitimate reason for optimism in BC football for a change.
                      The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                      BC - 12
                      BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

BC scored 41 points without running a play in the red zone!
                        Originally posted by mookie1995
                        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                          I think if I were an opposing defensive coordinator I would now be officially getting concerned. I know it's only three games, but the passing game looks to have improved by leaps and bounds from last year and if that's the case, combine it together with Dillon and they are looking mighty difficult to defend.

The regular concerns about Addazio's coaching and this team/program's propensity to blow winnable games will always be there, but it's sure nice to have legitimate reason for optimism in BC football for a change.
                          In previous years, they really didn't have receivers that could hang on to the ball on a consistent basis and relied mainly on the runs even in 3rd in long situations often.

I remember in Dublin 2 years ago he could have sealed the game with first downs and what did he do ? He ran the 3 times up the middle deep in his own territory and promptly gave the ball back to GT with enough time left to put on the winning drive with seconds left in the game.

When I saw the 3 runs from my seat I knew then BC was going to lose the game they should have won.

To be honest, it's a guarded optimism.

Daz's weakness in his time here from the start:

poor clock management

poor kicking game for FG, PAT and punting has been inconsistent

Poor special teams play as evidenced last night

What is better is he lets the OC call the plays now. He was predictable and too conservative at times.

I may make the trip to FSU this year. The last time I went was about 10 years ago and BC upset FSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                            BC scored 41 points without running a play in the red zone!
                            That is incredible
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I may make the trip to FSU this year. The last time I went was about 10 years ago and BC upset FSU.
                              I think as a BC fan, you would be likely to find that to be an enjoyable experience this year, as FSU looks to be a complete and utter dumpster fire at the moment.
                              The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                              BC - 12
                              BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                                I think as a BC fan, you would be likely to find that to be an enjoyable experience this year, as FSU looks to be a complete and utter dumpster fire at the moment.
                                First things first take care of Purdue and Temple next.

I want to see improvements on special teams.

You cannot give up TDs like that and expect to win when you play good teams or any decent team.

Comment

Working...
                                X