Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 725

Thread: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

  1. #581
    Holding court
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HOTel cORAL esSEX
    Posts
    5,773

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by theprofromdover View Post
    That puts him academically ahead of anyone on the bu roster!
    Winner.

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

  2. #582
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    708

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by theprofromdover View Post
    That puts him academically ahead of anyone on the bu roster!
    Are you suggesting that the young scholar might find a stimulating position as part of the bu faculty?

  3. #583
    * * * * * SteveF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Roslindale
    Posts
    23,360

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

    wahl me maybe?
    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

    Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

    Quote Originally Posted by shrader
    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

  4. #584
    The Original Dope Detector theprofromdover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,695
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveF View Post
    wahl me maybe?
    Sounds like it.

  5. #585
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Newburyport, MA
    Posts
    5,964

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

    https://twitter.com/mikegrinnell_/st...121938432?s=21

    Not sure if it has been brought up, but this looks like a good pick up for the eagles.

  6. #586
    defkit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Shore, MA
    Posts
    3,028

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

    Congrats on your 2019 Hockey East Championship and FF berth.

    Olly Wolly heading your way.

    What is the over/under on the number of times the Mini-one-on-one is shown and/or mentioned during the Beanpot? 50?
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

  7. #587
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,962

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

    Way back when this was a possibility I really didn't think it would happen. Pleasantly surprised. BC had a very good team coming back but add in Wahlstrom and you're really in business. And they can afford only 1-2 years of him. Won't derail them like when everyone left at once.

  8. #588
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Newburyport, MA
    Posts
    5,964

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

    Anyone know? Why did he decomit from Harvard?

  9. #589
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,982
    Quote Originally Posted by ericredaxe View Post
    Anyone know? Why did he decomit from Harvard?
    Better school opportunity


    Duh

  10. #590
    defkit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Shore, MA
    Posts
    3,028

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ericredaxe View Post
    Anyone know? Why did he decomit from Harvard?
    Pretty certain it had become clear he wasn't going to get in.

    Two premature commitments. I think the third one will stick. At least for a year.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

  11. #591
    Doggie Out! Afuera!
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    South Shore
    Posts
    737

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by defkit View Post
    Congrats on your 2019 Hockey East Championship and FF berth.

    Olly Wolly heading your way.

    What is the over/under on the number of times the Mini-one-on-one is shown and/or mentioned during the Beanpot? 50?
    I'll take the over. That's assuming we actually see him in a BC uniform (and still in one come Beanpot time). After Sonny Milano, Jeremy Bracco, and Eeli Tolvanen, I ain't taking it on faith.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

    Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

    BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

  12. #592
    Holding court
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HOTel cORAL esSEX
    Posts
    5,773

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by defkit View Post
    What is the over/under on the number of times the Mini-one-on-one is shown and/or mentioned during the Beanpot? 50?
    Whatever you set the over/under at, it's going to be insufferable to have to see over and over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

  13. #593
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    401

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Check View Post
    I'll take the over. That's assuming we actually see him in a BC uniform (and still in one come Beanpot time). After Sonny Milano, Jeremy Bracco, and Eeli Tolvanen, I ain't taking it on faith.
    Not to mention Frank Vatrano.

    Jeff Cox replied in his Oliver Wahlstrom tweet, that he believes a few BC players from this past season won't be back. My guess is this list includes some of Mike Booth, Zach Walker, Luke McInnis, Michael Karow, Casey Carreau (back to the USHL for a year?), and Mike Merulla. Anyone else have any guesses or thoughts?

  14. #594
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Greater Boston, MA
    Posts
    8,550

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by defkit View Post
    Congrats on your 2019 Hockey East Championship and FF berth.

    Olly Wolly heading your way.

    What is the over/under on the number of times the Mini-one-on-one is shown and/or mentioned during the Beanpot? 50?
    I'll believe it when I see him on the ice at Conte.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

    Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

  15. #595
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston22 View Post
    Not to mention Frank Vatrano.

    Jeff Cox replied in his Oliver Wahlstrom tweet, that he believes a few BC players from this past season won't be back. My guess is this list includes some of Mike Booth, Zach Walker, Luke McInnis, Michael Karow, Casey Carreau (back to the USHL for a year?), and Mike Merulla. Anyone else have any guesses or thoughts?
    Don't think it would be Karow, they have right # of dmen.

    Of the guys you mentioned, Booth and Merulla certainly top the list. Could see Carreau looking elsewhere too.

  16. #596

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Windham, NH
    Posts
    6,399

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread



  17. #597
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,962

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

    Ya, that is definitely not surprising. I wondered about him even before Wahlstrom. Wouldn't have seen the ice.

  18. #598
    Holding court
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HOTel cORAL esSEX
    Posts
    5,773

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston22 View Post
    Not to mention Frank Vatrano.

    Jeff Cox replied in his Oliver Wahlstrom tweet, that he believes a few BC players from this past season won't be back. My guess is this list includes some of Mike Booth, Zach Walker, Luke McInnis, Michael Karow, Casey Carreau (back to the USHL for a year?), and Mike Merulla. Anyone else have any guesses or thoughts?
    McInnis isn't going anywhere from all prior indications I've seen. I don't know why at this point the coaches would decide he isn't worthy of ice time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

  19. #599
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    401

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    McInnis isn't going anywhere from all prior indications I've seen. I don't know why at this point the coaches would decide he isn't worthy of ice time.
    Maybe because the coaches have better options than the past two seasons. With Adam Samuelsson and Ben Finklestein coming aboard, McInnis could be one of the two defensemen sitting. I just didn't like what I saw from McInnis last year. Not much of a threat offensively. Not good with the puck in his own end. Isn't big/physical enough in his own end to really disrupt the opposing team. Every other defenseman has more to offer (in my opinion).

  20. #600
    Holding court
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HOTel cORAL esSEX
    Posts
    5,773

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston22 View Post
    Maybe because the coaches have better options than the past two seasons. With Adam Samuelsson and Ben Finklestein coming aboard, McInnis could be one of the two defensemen sitting. I just didn't like what I saw from McInnis last year. Not much of a threat offensively. Not good with the puck in his own end. Isn't big/physical enough in his own end to really disrupt the opposing team. Every other defenseman has more to offer (in my opinion).
    No different than the prior two seasons. And yet he played.

    I don't disagree with what you're saying, just feel like the proof is there that he'll be in the lineup when healthy.

    edit - fun fact... BC over two seasons is 12-2-0 combined without a certain defenseman in the lineup.
    Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 05-24-2018 at 10:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •