Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Not sure if it's been talked about here but all home games will be broadcast online via ESPN3. That is the same as WatchESPN, correct? If so, I have a roku and know that WatchESPN is a channel on it. Don't know all the devices that carry WatchESPN but with a youngster at home this is a great option because I won't be at all the games. No idea what the quality will be like (I am expecting issues) but nice to be able to put it up on the TV screen.

Comment

Oh, I think the quality will be fine. I watched a game once WatchESPN on my AppleTV and it was pretty good. I feel that this is where we're going with regards to televising of games. You'll see more of this and less of games actually on cable channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Oh, I think the quality will be fine. I watched a game once WatchESPN on my AppleTV and it was pretty good. I feel that this is where we're going with regards to televising of games. You'll see more of this and less of games actually on cable channels.
        Seems that way. Not sure Hockey East has any TV deal at all this year. I know a lot of schools already do online streaming for games but if more and more can partner with ESPN so the games can be seen via WatchESPN...now we're talking.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Seems that way. Not sure Hockey East has any TV deal at all this year. I know a lot of schools already do online streaming for games but if more and more can partner with ESPN so the games can be seen via WatchESPN...now we're talking.
          I've watched a decent amount of games on it down the years and think it is more of a mixed bag. Don't be shocked if there are a few games they don't show too. It's not nearly as good as having the game on tv.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Wow, one thread to cover 90+ years????
            Since we have no recruiting thread, we just keep it all on one thread and outsourced recruiting news to Rogie. You know he likes them young! Without CHRIS!!!!! we wouldn't have been able to get our line combos projected out to 2108.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Not sure if it's been talked about here but all home games will be broadcast online via ESPN3. That is the same as WatchESPN, correct? If so, I have a roku and know that WatchESPN is a channel on it. Don't know all the devices that carry WatchESPN but with a youngster at home this is a great option because I won't be at all the games. No idea what the quality will be like (I am expecting issues) but nice to be able to put it up on the TV screen.
              If you've been watching our Footballers led by Sgt Slaughter Wannabe/Gym Teacher Steve Addazio on our official channel of BC football (ESPN3) then you'd be horrified at the thought of trying to get a BC hockey game on ESPN3/WatchESPN app. Maybe it's just bad on Sat afternoons when everyone is streaming CFB but the people responsible for that Godawful stream should drink some Draino.
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                If you've been watching our Footballers led by Sgt Slaughter Wannabe/Gym Teacher Steve Addazio on our official channel of BC football (ESPN3) then you'd be horrified at the thought of trying to get a BC hockey game on ESPN3/WatchESPN app. Maybe it's just bad on Sat afternoons when everyone is streaming CFB but the people responsible for that Godawful stream should drink some Draino.
                Tried to watch the Wake Forest game. Exercise in futility.
                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                  Tried to watch the Wake Forest game. Exercise in futility.
                  At least you could turn it off. I was there in person...

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    that's what she said
                    Actually, she was mumbling.

Wow, one thread to cover 90+ years????
                    Haha... good catch. I was multi-tasking... got the other part right!
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Anyone planning to go to St. Cloud games ?

I'm looking into flights and tickets and possibly for Vegas in January.
                      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

If you are not a season ticket holder the 3 game mini pack is a great option. You get discounted tickets in the lower bowl without any order fees. I got 2 seats for Wisconsin, Northeastern and UMass-Lowell for $90 total. Regular price would have been $40 each game plus a $10 service fee. The BU game is available in the mini pack but not as a single game option. Same seats for BU were $40 each in the mini pack.

Comment

Scouting the Enemy: Boston College Eagles

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...ge-eagles.html
                          QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                          2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                          2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                          2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                          https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                          https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                          https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

any bar recommendations near Conte?

Comment

Bobcats open season with hard fought tie

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...ought-tie.html
                              QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                              2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                              2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                              2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                              https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                              https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                              https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Hard to tell what we have in a 1-1 tie🏒Woll looked fine but hopefully we can see more offense than what we saw last night. A work in progress. Lohan did not play. BC could not finish on some good opportunities in the offensive zone. The power play needs work but they look fine on the PK. Tortora got his 1st career goal at BC and hopefully more to come. Looking for more progress next week against Wisconsin.
                                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Working...
                                X