• Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

We need a repeat tomorrow .

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
      We need a repeat tomorrow .
      Yeah we need to get over our Saturday blues. If we can get the 1st goal again it will be a big help.

I'd also like to see us do a better job of staying out of the box.
      Last edited by Bill; 11-18-2017, 07:04 PM.

Comment

CJ Hayes has signed a pro contract with the Mississippi RiverKings of the SPHL.

http://riverkings.com/news/posts/riv...layer-contract

Comment

Fourteen games into the season and 3 wins only. Seems defense and goal tending has been a big let down .

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post

I understand that he hasn't been getting much ice time, but it's still ****ty that he left in the middle of a semester.
            LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Deman View Post
              I understand that he hasn't been getting much ice time, but it's still ****ty that he left in the middle of a semester.
              Yeah. Great speed but never much of a scorer, even in Junior hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post

I don't know anything about this player, maybe there are school issues or something but leaving college to play in any pro league but the AHL or NHL makes no sense to me. The SPHL is hardly a stepping stone to anywhere except maybe the ECHL. Again not judging but do players do it so they can say they are playing pro hockey?
                With a season and a half left you never know what opportunity may present itself with LSSU. Looks like he played most games last year. Keep working hard, get back in and get your degree. Obviously to late for him now. Good luck to the young man.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

We just got a new verbal commitment for next season from Ottawa of the CCHL. Forward Pierre-Luc Veillette.

http://www.thecchl.ca/veillette-comm...superior-state
                  Last edited by Bill; 11-23-2017, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deman View Post
                    ... and to the worst league in North American hockey and maybe North American pro sports.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Well that had to make you feel good. Game should've been much closer, but I won't argue with the results. Nice to see Saccoman back in the lineup.
                      Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

• Originally posted by jsmithe View Post
                        Well that had to make you feel good. Game should've been much closer, but I won't argue with the results. Nice to see Saccoman back in the lineup.
                        Yep. On paper, it figured to be a close game with the NDTP team having a decent chance at winning, especially with all the injuries the Lakers have. On the bummer side, Gelsinger, Hand and Wright are also now out with injuries. It sounded like Gelsinger could be out for a while.

Comment

Looks like future Laker Ashton Calder (Lincoln - USHL) is currently sitting on top of the USHL with the best +/-, with 11: http://www.ushl.com/view#/player-sta...age=1&league=1

Also worth noting he is a Point/Game player.
                          LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                            ... and to the worst league in North American hockey and maybe North American pro sports.

GFM
                            Having had the opportunity to see a few SPHL games on the same weekends that we’ve been in Huntsville, I thnk LSSU would beat Mississippi. I think the Chargers would beat the Havoc. I think the SPHL Champ would lose to the last place team in the WCHA in a 5 or 7 games series.
                            Last edited by davyd83; 11-28-2017, 07:45 PM.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Hopefully we can get over our Saturday night woes this weekend. Lakers are above .500 on Fridays with a 3-2-2 record but are winless on Saturdays at 0-7-1 with a shootout loss with the tie.
                              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                                Having had the opportunity to see a few SPHL games on the same weekends that we’ve been in Huntsville, I thnk LSSU would beat Mississippi. I think the Chargers would beat the Havoc. I think the SPHL Champ would lose to the last place team in the WCHA in a 5 or 7 games series.
                                Concur.

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X