LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

Nick Kossoff was named WCHA Goaltender of the Week: http://lssulakers.com/sports/m-hocke...20171023pirena

Let's hope the Lakers do well at Michigan State this weekend. It would nice to see the Lakers sweep them and get to .500. I'm sure we'll see both Kossoff and Mitens play.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
      Was anything of importance said on the Laker show this past week ?
      On the Laker Hockey talk show this morning, Damon said that Saccoman and Kalble are out with injuries and won't make the trip to MSU. Renz will play in place of them and we'll go with 6 D and 4 full lines of forwards rather than the 7 D and 11 forwards we've been going with a lot lately.

Mike York and his wife have a new baby boy. Congratulations to Mike and his wife!

Comment

Was anything of importance said on the Laker show this past week ?
        Not especially, other than what Bill stated. The first half of the show featured Mike York and having him talk about the path he took in Hockey, what all he's doing concerning the team (he's working primarily with the Forwards it sounded like). The second half had Whitten, and just talked a bit about this past weekend, how hard it is on the body and such, and looking forward a bit to State. It also sounds like Yuki Miura was walking around in either a boot or cast, so he somehow hurt himself, but that doesn't hurt the team much since he's not eligible yet.

Nothing really significant or groundbreaking, really.
        LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
          Nick Kossoff was named WCHA Goaltender of the Week: http://lssulakers.com/sports/m-hocke...20171023pirena

Let's hope the Lakers do well at Michigan State this weekend. It would nice to see the Lakers sweep them and get to .500. I'm sure we'll see both Kossoff and Mitens play.
          A Lakers sweep would be great but I'd be happy with a split. It should be a tough series. State beat BG and Western in their first 2 games at Munn this season.

Comment

Nice attempt at a comeback, but too little too late. Damon sounded awfully miffed postgame. Far too many shots to be giving up. On the plus side, the PP keeps clicking along.

In other news, it sounds as though a new SID will be starting up soon.
            Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

This aint good .

Comment

The early/late period goals from the opposition are killing us so far this season.

Comment

This aint good .

Comment

This aint good .
                    Let's hope tonight is the low point of the season. Sounds like there's not much defensive coverage around the net.

I think they embarrassed themselves in the 2nd period.

After tonight's game, it might be time for a Come to Jesus meeting.
                    Last edited by Bill; 10-28-2017, 08:25 PM.

Comment

SERIOUSLY. One shot in the second period. Were they playing without sticks ? I would have been embarrassed to be playing in that game . Hell, I am embarrassed to read about the game .

Comment

Is everyone shell shock on the Lakers taking 200 shots on their goalies over the last 4 games ?

Comment

Is everyone shell shock on the Lakers taking 200 shots on their goalies over the last 4 games ?
                          And only one shot on four power plays on Saturday. As for being shell-shocked, that's a distinct possibility.

I got that Saccoman and Kaelble were out, but that doesn't mean the rest of the D corps is chopped liver.

Although we've only played 2 conference games this year, this coming weekend has the feeling of a must-win series.
                          Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

There's a couple of ways to look at shots. Coaches will generally tell you that they are more concerned with where the shots are coming from than the total number of shots. If a lot of shots are from out a ways from the net (not grade A areas), that makes sense to a degree and I don't disagree with it. We figured to get out shot by a wide margin playing at Denver and I think the idea there was to try and play more defensively and keep most of the shots from farther out and the Lakers did mostly what they wanted in that respect. At MSU, the Lakers just seemed to be flat other than the 3rd period on Friday. I'm just as concerned with the Lakers inability to generate more shots on offense the past couple of weekends, especially at MSU. That, in combination with the shots against us, led to large shot differentials in the games which is an indication that Denver and MSU were carrying the play by far against the Lakers. Again, not unexpected at Denver but certainly disappointing at MSU.

Comment

Originally posted by jsmithe View Post
                              And only one shot on four power plays on Saturday. As for being shell-shocked, that's a distinct possibility.

I got that Saccoman and Kaelble were out, but that doesn't mean the rest of the D corps is chopped liver.

Although we've only played 2 conference games this year, this coming weekend has the feeling of a must-win series.
                              Yeah, I think this week is gut check time and my expectations are for the Lakers to win both games, not just play well and hope for a split.

Comment

Bill, only one way to explain 200 shots against you in 4 games......You are not playing hockey .

Comment

Working...
                                X