Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    Having had the opportunity to see a few SPHL games on the same weekends that we’ve been in Huntsville, I thnk LSSU would beat Mississippi. I think the Chargers would beat the Havoc. I think the SPHL Champ would lose to the last place team in the WCHA in a 5 or 7 games series.
    When I was in Huntsville once watching the Beavers, I just about got into a fight with one of the Havoc fans. The game couldn't go more than 3 minutes without a fight and this a** sitting in front of me was eating it up. I finally said out loud "this isn't hockey" to which he took offense and told me I knew nothing about hockey if I felt this way. He definitely fit the stereotype of what us northerners think Alabamans are (right in this case, wrong with everyone else I have met from Huntsville).
    Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
    FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Lakers need to sweep this weekend . A split will not work .

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
        When I was in Huntsville once watching the Beavers, I just about got into a fight with one of the Havoc fans. The game couldn't go more than 3 minutes without a fight and this a** sitting in front of me was eating it up. I finally said out loud "this isn't hockey" to which he took offense and told me I knew nothing about hockey if I felt this way. He definitely fit the stereotype of what us northerners think Alabamans are (right in this case, wrong with everyone else I have met from Huntsville).
        SPHL "hockey" really isn't hockey. When you combine with the fact that the Havoc were ready to hold a parade with our program's death, I'd never go to one of their games. My wife doesn't understand this, but she goes as a social exercise (dang Virginians). Havoc fans are at least plurality ignorant when it comes to hockey.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Any word on when Roman Bengert will be eligible to play?
          LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
            Any word on when Roman Bengert will be eligible to play?
            I haven't heard anything lately. The last that I did hear was that we had appealed his eligibility issue with the NCAA. Yuki Miura is eligible to play now and just needs to heal from his injury; he may be ready to go after the holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
              I haven't heard anything lately. The last that I did hear was that we had appealed his eligibility issue with the NCAA. Yuki Miura is eligible to play now and just needs to heal from his injury; he may be ready to go after the holidays.
              I think the hope is to have both Miura and Ruggiero ready for either MTU or Pittsburgh, depending on when they are heathly/eligible.
              LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Seriously ? The WCHA doesn't write a blog today on tonights games . Six leagues and the WCHA is only league that did not predict winners and losers this weekend .

Comment

Listening to the game gives you the impression the Lakers are a very lazy team and poorly coached team . I am sure the fans and the team are sharing the same embarrassment. Beating the under 18 team as they did probably tells you the Lakers are more comfortable playing at that level .

Comment

Disappointing effort tonight. Very poor in the face off circle, especially on the PP. Not enough movement of players on the PP. Poor defensive coverage in front of and around their own net. Lots of trouble handing pucks (maybe they neeed some stickum on their sticks. :-) ). Most of the team looked lost in the 2nd period. Felt sorry for Mitens. He got left out to dry by his defense on a couple of the 1st period goals. Kossoff played well once he came in. This team badly needs to get Kaeble and Ruggerio in the lineup and Saccoman back up to speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey
                      your team is a big looser
                      Do you feel cool for essentially brigading another team's thread?

Also, you can't spell 'loser' right, so props to you.
                      LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                        Listening to the game gives you the impression the Lakers are a very lazy team and poorly coached team . I am sure the fans and the team are sharing the same embarrassment. Beating the under 18 team as they did probably tells you the Lakers are more comfortable playing at that level .
                        I don't know if we can say they are poorly coached. But there were a number of players who were just taking up space on the bench, who basically decided they didn't want to play tonight. Damon's postgame interview will Crawford basically stated that some players were lazy, didn't want to play, and that they will shorten the bench to the players who come prepared and want to play. He also mentioned that some players had called a meeting, so hopefully the team's leadership steps up and puts a boot into those that are having lazy plays asses.

And I don't know if you saw the U18 game, but it was the same there: A few players were just kind of lazily skating all game, not really putting in much effort.

But it goes without saying: Something needs to change with this team. Maybe the coaches aren't doing their jobs, maybe a midseason replacement is the answer (but since this is College Hockey, I don't think that will happen). Or if it is just a few bad apples in the locker room, and not listening to the coaches, then once the team is healthy, their scratches no matter how worse the next guy may be. Or the players need to hold these kids responsible.

I know it screws up recruitment and future plans, but if I'm Whitten & Co, I'm seriously looking at the guys I have committed, and seeing if any of them can come in midseason to replace some of these wet napkins.
                        LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Comment

I do know this. After the second goal in 14 seconds was scored by Alaska, I would have called my time out and gone over a gut check with my players . Three goals in a minute destroys morale .

Comment

We use to talk in here how not being able to recruit players from the USHL and the BCHL was really hurting the talent level of this team. Now we are recruiting regularly from those leagues and still we seem to be falling far short of talent . Coaching change ,no. Gut check of themselves and how the system is working that they are using for games , yes .

You have to win to bring in the fans. Watch a Red Wing game and see how many empty seats are seen in the arena now. I have been to a game at the new arena and was surprised how many empty seats there were . The Wings are not playing good hockey and the fans are staying home. I will say this though , the stadium is beautiful. It is more an entertainment center than a sports arena .

Comment

• Originally posted by Deman View Post
                              I don't know if we can say they are poorly coached. But there were a number of players who were just taking up space on the bench, who basically decided they didn't want to play tonight. Damon's postgame interview will Crawford basically stated that some players were lazy, didn't want to play, and that they will shorten the bench to the players who come prepared and want to play. He also mentioned that some players had called a meeting, so hopefully the team's leadership steps up and puts a boot into those that are having lazy plays asses.

And I don't know if you saw the U18 game, but it was the same there: A few players were just kind of lazily skating all game, not really putting in much effort.

But it goes without saying: Something needs to change with this team. Maybe the coaches aren't doing their jobs, maybe a midseason replacement is the answer (but since this is College Hockey, I don't think that will happen). Or if it is just a few bad apples in the locker room, and not listening to the coaches, then once the team is healthy, their scratches no matter how worse the next guy may be. Or the players need to hold these kids responsible.

I know it screws up recruitment and future plans, but if I'm Whitten & Co, I'm seriously looking at the guys I have committed, and seeing if any of them can come in midseason to replace some of these wet napkins.
                              I think Ian Johnston is the only healthy guy that sat out last night so they can't change a bunch of players for tonight's game. Aside from maybe playing him tonight, it's pretty much a case of the other guys have to play better.

Comment

Much better defensive effort tonight. Still a bad read or missed assignment on the Alaska PP goal, but overall much better than last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X