Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
    Bill, only one way to explain 200 shots against you in 4 games......You are not playing hockey .
    The other answer is that the talent differential is very, very high. UAH was there four years ago.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Bill, only one way to explain 200 shots against you in 4 games......You are not playing hockey .
      I'm not saying 200 isn't too many; it is, even if many of them were from far out. I expected something more in the range of 130-150 for those 4 games. But I'm also saying we didn't have nearly enough shots of our own. And that, in conjunction with shots against the Lakers, is more of an indication of being outplayed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
        Yeah, I think this week is gut check time and my expectations are for the Lakers to win both games, not just play well and hope for a split.
        Better hope for a sweep, otherwise you're staring at 1-10 in the face. I don't see them going to BG and getting points. Hopefully for Damon's sake they can turn it around. Year 4 they should be showing signs of turning the corner.
        "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Any news from the coaching staff on why they believe the team is struggling the way it is ?

Comment

Any news from the coaching staff on why they believe the team is struggling the way it is ?
            None of the coaches were on the Laker Hockey Show last evening. They all have young kids and were involved in Halloween activities. New AD Dave Paitson was the primary guest on the show. He sounds like a pretty sharp guy.

Damon will be on the Laker Hockey Talk show Thursday morning.

Comment

I do not think I have ever seen the Laker thread this dead .

Comment

I do not think I have ever seen the Laker thread this dead .
                I think the negative crap from the Roquettes the past few years probably drove some of the regular members (posters) away. They maybe still read the thread occasionally but just don't bother to post much anymore. Posting activity has been dropping off the past couple of seasons. On the other hand, there often are a number of "guest" users viewing the thread; not all of them may be Laker fans but some of them likely are. Perhaps some of them will start posting occasionally.

Comment

I think the negative crap from the Roquettes the past few years probably drove some of the regular members (posters) away. They maybe still read the thread occasionally but just don't bother to post much anymore. Posting activity has been dropping off the past couple of seasons. On the other hand, there often are a number of "guest" users viewing the thread; not all of them may be Laker fans but some of them likely are. Perhaps some of them will start posting occasionally.
                  I'm usually one of those guests. My tendency is to only log in when I'm posting.

As for being dead, there hasn't been much to be excited over this year. At least the trolls have been silent lately.

This weekend feels very much like a must-win situation. The teams have a combined one win between them, so they'll be desperate too. Sorry to say, but if last Saturday did not wake the team up and we take less than 3 points this weekend, I get the feeling that we'll be in for a very long year.
                  Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by jsmithe View Post
                    I'm usually one of those guests. My tendency is to only log in when I'm posting.

As for being dead, there hasn't been much to be excited over this year. At least the trolls have been silent lately.

This weekend feels very much like a must-win situation. The teams have a combined one win between them, so they'll be desperate too. Sorry to say, but if last Saturday did not wake the team up and we take less than 3 points this weekend, I get the feeling that we'll be in for a very long year.
                    It won't help that we'll be without some key injured players. From the the Laker Hockey Talk show, it sounds like Saccoman and Kaeble will still be out, as well as an un-named forward who may not be able to play. Despite that, I expect them to play much better this weekend and hopefully get a sweep.

Comment

It won't help that we'll be without some key injured players. From the the Laker Hockey Talk show, it sounds like Saccoman and Kaeble will still be out, as well as an un-named forward who may not be able to play. Despite that, I expect them to play much better this weekend and hopefully get a sweep.
                      From what I've heard, those two may be out for a while.

The team as a whole has to get pucks on net, we can't have just a single shot on net in a period for the third week in a row. This weekend will either be really exciting, since neither team has a defensive corp (as seen the last few weekends from Lake State), or a very slow, grinding sort of game since neither team will get a puck on net.

I may have to sneak a flask into the game Saturday night.
                      LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

They need to reset the clock with this series or going to be a very long season .

Comment

I just saw that Cooper Lukenda has decided to play junior hockey for Kemptville of the CCHL. He skipped the junior hockey route when coming to the Lakers. Playing for Kemptville will probably get him ice time which is no doubt what he wants.

Comment

Good win and a hard win. Seems Mitens made huge saves when he had to .

Comment

Good win and a hard win. Seems Mitens made huge saves when he had to .
                              Mitens absolutely robbed a UAA player of a goal in the overtime. Nice to see Humitz get the game winner. He has been off to a solid start.
                              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                                Mitens absolutely robbed a UAA player of a goal in the overtime. Nice to see Humitz get the game winner. He has been off to a solid start.
                                I was watching on my laptop, but it looked like UAA had two or three great chances in OT? No?

Really surprised by the low attendance, 1200? Is this typical, or an off night? College hockey overall seems to be struggling with the attendance, it seems. Even some college football games I have watched recently (Yale) have had a ton of empty seats.
                                Originally Posted by aparch
                                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X