Whitten 50 42 51 currently 58

Comment

• Originally posted by ccliff View Post
      Just FWIW the final KRACH rank from CHN for each team since 2000
      Borek 23 32
      Anzalone 39 46 41 38
      Roque 20 22 39 35 30 27 19 34 33
      Whitten 50 42 51 currently 58
      Currently 59 actually, but this should be Exhibit A on how much this program has gone from mediocre/bad to bad/horrible under Whitten. I mean schools like Bentley, AIC, Sacred Heart, Arizona State, ok everyone but Anchorage is ahead of LSSU, and they could pass them next weekend.

Why should next year be any different than the previous 4?

I’m sure there are plenty of winning coaches out there that would jump at the opportunity for a D1 coaching job and 100k+ salary, especially with the bar set incredibly low.

This time, maybe any “committee” put together might try considering all the qualified applicants.
      Last edited by Truth Serum; 01-30-2018, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

Originally posted by Truth Serum View Post
        Currently 59 actually, but this should be Exhibit A on how much this program has gone from mediocre/bad to bad/horrible under Whitten. I mean schools like Bentley, AIC, Sacred Heart, Arizona State, ok everyone but Anchorage is ahead of LSSU, and they could pass them next weekend.

Why should next year be any different than the previous 4?

I’m sure there are plenty of winning coaches out there that would jump at the opportunity for a D1 coaching job and 100k+ salary, especially with the bar set incredibly low.

This time, maybe any “committee” put together might try considering all the qualified applicants.
        Not to pick nits, but the USCHO and CHN KRACH rankings both have LSSU at 58. RPI and UAA are 59 and 60.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
          I think Damon is under contract for one more season although I don't know officially what his status is.
          Whitten’s contract expires on May 4, 2018. http://cdn2.bgsuhockey.com/wp-conten...monWhitten.pdf
          Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by ccliff View Post
            Not to pick nits, but the USCHO and CHN KRACH rankings both have LSSU at 58. RPI and UAA are 59 and 60.
            That is nit picking. If you go to the rankings on the USCHO page,the Lakers are 59th but I hate to think someone would defend that and say in other polls they are 58. SERIOUSLY ?

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
              That is nit picking. If you go to the rankings on the USCHO page,the Lakers are 59th but I hate to think someone would defend that and say in other polls they are 58. SERIOUSLY ?
              I mean, cclif isn't wrong:

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/krach/d-i-men/

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ratings/krach.php

The Lakers are 58th on both USCHO and CHN for KRACH rankings. Sure, being 58th or 59th doesn't really matter, but if you're going to complain about something, at least look at the right rankings before calling someone out.
              LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

I am using the KRACH not the PWR, they are slightly different. LSSU is currently 59 in the PWR. The historical data I used was from the KRACH not the PWR so I thought it was right to use the current KRACH rather than the PWR. The PWR calculation was changed several years ago and did not include all teams. The KRACH had a longer history of using the same calculation so I decided to look at that.

Comment

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
                  Whitten’s contract expires on May 4, 2018. http://cdn2.bgsuhockey.com/wp-conten...monWhitten.pdf
                  But a notice of renewal needs to be put in by March 4th. If the school decides to not renew his contract by March 4th, would they be able to start the search, then just not sign the coach until May?

I wasn't exactly this involved in Laker Hockey when Roque was canned, just a normal, non-rabid fan.
                  LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
                    Yes that's the original contract agreement, but what seems to be uncertain is whether he has been extended. I heard he has another year but I don't know for sure. The current interim school president supports him. We also have a new (this season) AD. Despite the disappointing season, it could be that he has been extended for another year. A year from now, we'll have a new permanent president in place and the AD will be finishing his second full season as AD. I can easily see a coaching decision being moved back to then.
                    Last edited by Bill; 01-31-2018, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deman View Post
                      I mean, cclif isn't wrong:

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/krach/d-i-men/

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ratings/krach.php

The Lakers are 58th on both USCHO and CHN for KRACH rankings. Sure, being 58th or 59th doesn't really matter, but if you're going to complain about something, at least look at the right rankings before calling someone out.
                      Not calling anyone out or complaining. LSSU is ranked 59th in the CHN Pairwise and RPI rankings I'm looking at right now. The fact that we are even discussing whether they are the second worst or third worst team in all of college hockey speaks volumes to where this program is after 4 years of this coach.

He will be back for a 5th that has already been determined, however, it's safe to think that the University won't be needing to shell out for any of the performance bonuses listed in section 5

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
                        Yes that's the original contract agreement, but what seems to be uncertain is whether he has been extended. I heard he has another year but I don't know for sure. The current interim school president supports him. We also have a new (this season) AD. Despite the disappointing season, it could be that he has been extended for another year. A year from now, we'll have a new permanent president in place and the AD will be finishing his second full season as AD. I can easily see a coaching decision being moved back to then.
                        If he was extended it happened after our last FOIA request on June 16, 2017.
                        Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
                          If he was extended it happened after our last FOIA request on June 16, 2017.
                          It sounds like it's a very recent development.
                          BLEED BLUE

Comment

Whitten will be there as long as he wants the job. I think the higher ups just flat out like Whitten .

Comment

• Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                              Whitten will be there as long as he wants the job. I think the higher ups just flat out like Whitten .
                              You couldn’t be more right. Starting with the Comley ”Committee” to the last Athletic Director, to his current higher up defenders on here, Whitten is very protected and liked by that group.

Ask the same of many of the players still here or who have left many early, and the droves of fans that have either stayed away, or just don’t care anymore, and I think you would find a different opinion.

58/59 out of 60 in Year 4 is brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Serum View Post
                                You couldn’t be more right. Starting with the Comley ”Committee” to the last Athletic Director, to his current higher up defenders on here, Whitten is very protected and liked by that group.

Ask the same of many of the players still here or who have left many early, and the droves of fans that have either stayed away, or just don’t care anymore, and I think you would find a different opinion.

58/59 out of 60 in Year 4 is brutal.
                                Let us just say they are 59 and Alaska is 60. The series will be more fun to see who fought it out at the very end to claim worse team in the nation .

Comment

Working...
                                X