Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 457

Thread: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

  1. #421
    gfmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Madison, AL, USA
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    We're only 4 points back after last night. We're off next weekend while they are at Mankato.
    Oh man, sorry about that. If you can bring it to just one tonight, that'll make for an exciting finish!

    GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

  2. #422
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Southwest MI
    Posts
    5,791

    Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

    4 wins in a row! Now we have an off week to get ready for the big regular season ending series at Ferris. Also puts a little more pressure on UAH. They finish with 2 at home against BG. Anyone know what the tie breaker is between the Lakers and UAH if they should wind up with the same number of points?

  3. #423
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    4 wins in a row! Now we have an off week to get ready for the big regular season ending series at Ferris. Also puts a little more pressure on UAH. They finish with 2 at home against BG. Anyone know what the tie breaker is between the Lakers and UAH if they should wind up with the same number of points?
    I believe the Lakers would get the tie-breaker if they split at Ferris and UAH gets swept by BG due to 1 fewer loss in conference play.

    The tiebreaker rules from the WCHA page are:

    A) If two or more teams are tied, and all tied teams have played four contests against one another, then the team with the highest accumulated points percentage from these head-to-head contests will be granted the higher seed.

    B) If two or more teams are still tied (or all tied teams have not played four contests against one another), then the team with the greater number of conference wins (in regulation and/or 5-on-5 overtime) will be granted the higher seed.

    C) If two or more teams are still tied (or all tied teams have not played four contests against one another), then the team with the fewest number of conference losses (in regulation and/or 5-on-5 overtime) will be granted the higher seed.

  4. #424
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    12

    Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

    How did Mitens look last night? More to the point, is the goalies splitting starts like this helping?

  5. #425
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,599

    Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by MDtoGf View Post
    How did Mitens look last night? More to the point, is the goalies splitting starts like this helping?
    I was at the game, and he was amazing. IMO, the best player on the ice for your team. UAA had a TON of grade A scoring chances, lots of tips, etc. and he was in perfect position each time. He's the reason your team won, again IMO.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  6. #426
    gfmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Madison, AL, USA
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    4 wins in a row! Now we have an off week to get ready for the big regular season ending series at Ferris. Also puts a little more pressure on UAH. They finish with 2 at home against BG. Anyone know what the tie breaker is between the Lakers and UAH if they should wind up with the same number of points?
    It depends on how we both get there. Your max is 33, which would be two of the wins that count at B. Most likely, UAH wins at B — two more wins gives LSSU 9, but UAH is already at 9, so it would take going past 65:00 twice against BG and winning once and losing once. That's pretty unlikely.

    If both teams tie between 30 and 33, UAH is going to win at B every time, 9-7.

    GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

  7. #427
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by gfmorris View Post
    It depends on how we both get there. Your max is 33, which would be two of the wins that count at B. Most likely, UAH wins at B ó two more wins gives LSSU 9, but UAH is already at 9, so it would take going past 65:00 twice against BG and winning once and losing once. That's pretty unlikely.

    If both teams tie between 30 and 33, UAH is going to win at B every time, 9-7.

    GFM
    Lake State has 8 wins after the weekend compared to 9 for UAH.

  8. #428
    gfmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Madison, AL, USA
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by Laker Dude View Post
    Lake State has 8 wins after the weekend compared to 9 for UAH.
    I hadn't refreshed my copy of the standings page. Sorry!

    GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

  9. #429
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sault Ste. Siberia, MI
    Posts
    252

    Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

    Nellis named Offensive Player of the Week for his two game winning goals this past weekend: http://lakerhockeyblog.com/2018/02/1...r-of-the-week/
    Go Lakers!

    Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

  10. #430
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,895

    Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

    Lakers get help tonight with Minnesota State beating Ferris State. Hopefully they beat the Bulldogs again tomorrow.
    LSSU hockey-NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

    Arenas visited:
    Taffy Abel Arena (LSSU, 1992)
    Ewigleben Arena (Ferris State, 1997)
    Munn Ice Arena (Michigan State, 1997)
    Berry Events Center (NMU, 2007)
    Lawson Ice Arena (Western Michigan, 2009)
    John McInnes Ice Arena (Michigan Tech, 2009)
    Yost Ice Arena (Michigan, 2010)
    Joyce Ice Center/Compton Family Ice Arena (Notre Dame, 2010/2014)
    BGSU Ice Arena (BGSU, 2013)
    Kohl Center (Wisconsin, 2013)
    Ralph Engelstad Arena (North Dakota, 2014)

  11. #431
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    south sioux city, ne
    Posts
    1,033
    Quote Originally Posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    Lakers get help tonight with Minnesota State beating Ferris State. Hopefully they beat the Bulldogs again tomorrow.
    From your lips to Godís ears, Laker fan!

  12. #432
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Southwest MI
    Posts
    5,791

    Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    Lakers get help tonight with Minnesota State beating Ferris State. Hopefully they beat the Bulldogs again tomorrow.
    Yep, keeps Ferris within reach. The Lakers still have to approach next weekend like they need to sweep Ferris at their place. A win and a tie might do it depending upon what happens tonight, but it's a pretty fine line, so they need to go in with a sweep mindset.

  13. #433
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Yep, keeps Ferris within reach. The Lakers still have to approach next weekend like they need to sweep Ferris at their place. A win and a tie might do it depending upon what happens tonight, but it's a pretty fine line, so they need to go in with a sweep mindset.
    Will also depend how UAH does next weekend against Bowling Green as well.

  14. #434
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Southwest MI
    Posts
    5,791

    Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    Will also depend how UAH does next weekend against Bowling Green as well.
    Yeah but we control our own destiny playing Ferris. If we split with Ferris and BG sweeps UAH, we wouldn't catch Ferris but we'd be tied with UAH. Do I understand things correctly that we would win that tiebreaker because we'd have fewer conference losses than UAH (we'd have the same number of conference wins as UAH)? IF UAH gets even a point against BG, that forces us to still get at least 4 points against Ferris.

  15. #435
    Coach Emeritus
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Enjoying the arrival of the Jeff Sauer Trophy in 2018
    Posts
    2,740

    Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

    Well, things will be pretty interesting next weekend now. I for one would be very happy to see Ferris sitting at home in two weeks.

    Go Lakers!

  16. #436
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,863

    Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

    The season is now fully in their hands .

  17. #437
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    206

    Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    Well, things will be pretty interesting next weekend now. I for one would be very happy to see Ferris sitting at home in two weeks.

    Go Lakers!
    A Laker win in Ewigleben Arena would go a huge way for team morale I would imagine, considering the Lakers have been snake-bitten in Big Rapids, having only won 2 games outright & 1 shootout win since the 2008-2009 season (given, they haven't played them every year).
    LSSU Alumni & Fan.

    Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

  18. #438
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    206

    Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

    I'm not sure how many of you on this thread attend games regularly at Abel Arena, but one of the more passionate fans in recent years who has been dubbed 'Speedoman', and can be seen near the opposing team's bench each week died unexpectedly this past weekend. I've talked to him a few times, but certainly don't claim to have known the guy, but passionate fans like him are hard to come by. I mean, I don't think there's many others who would wear nothing but a speedo along the boards at an ice hockey game.

    So, R.I.P Justin Kelly. _/ _/ _/

    https://www.lssu.edu/news/evening-se...students-life/
    LSSU Alumni & Fan.

    Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

  19. #439
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,863

    Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

    I am sorry to hear that. I remember him at the games and the excitement he had for the team.

  20. #440
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Southwest MI
    Posts
    5,791

    Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by Deman View Post
    I'm not sure how many of you on this thread attend games regularly at Abel Arena, but one of the more passionate fans in recent years who has been dubbed 'Speedoman', and can be seen near the opposing team's bench each week died unexpectedly this past weekend. I've talked to him a few times, but certainly don't claim to have known the guy, but passionate fans like him are hard to come by. I mean, I don't think there's many others who would wear nothing but a speedo along the boards at an ice hockey game.

    So, R.I.P Justin Kelly. _/ _/ _/

    https://www.lssu.edu/news/evening-se...students-life/
    I never met him and don't get to the Taffy for many games, but I do remember hearing about him and even seeing him. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •