X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
    WCHA 1-5 set in stone....

1.Minnesota State 2. Northern Michigan 3. Bowling Green 4. Bemidji State 5. Michigan Tech

Final playoff berth will be settled tonight...Alaska or Lake Superior State

6-9 still up for grabs for seeding

UAH 33 pts and FSU 31 pts have clinched a playoff spot.

Alaska is eighth with 30 and Lake State has 27...Lakers need three points meaning they have to beat Ferris in regulation or five-minute OT(and Lakers lost to Ferris at Ferris last night) and Alaska loses again to UAA. Lakers only way to get in playoffs. Lakers own tie--breaker "C" over Nanooks/one less conference loss.

Alaska clinches final position with one point tonight period.

Alaska can finish six thru ninth....

Sixth with win and loses by Ferris and UAH...Alaska owns tie breaker "E" over UAH with a win over first place Minnesota State and would win all tie breaker scenarios with Ferris too I believe....

And there could be a three way tie with 33 pts if Ferris beats Lakers in 3x 3 or shoot out. UAH loses and Alaska wins.
    Not sure here...but might favor AK>>> u tell me......

Lake Superior State has since corrected their story from last night saying that were officially eliminated to saying that need to help to advance from this the last weekend of the regular season.....

Please correct me if I am wrong...........
    If the Lakers beat Ferris tonight and UAA beats Alaska again, the Lakers get the final playoff spot and Alaska is out. I haven't looked at tie breakers between UAH, Ferris and Alaska.

Comment

33 points with FSU and Alaska wins tie breaker. Alaska and Ferris/both with 31 or 32 points/Ferris wins tie breaker
      And there could be a three way tie with 33 pts if Ferris beats Lakers in 3x 3 or shoot out. UAH loses and Alaska wins. Alaska wins that tie breaker

Comment

Another horrible season with no hope for the future . Whitten has not been a very successful coach and the staff has been pretty poor as well. This coaching staff needs to go take coaching lessons at some hockey camp somewhere or every season will be the same.

Two teams in the nation will not be going to the play-offs and Lake State is one of them . Whitten,so far I would have to give you a F if we were grading coaches. I would also give your staff a F as well and there lies a big problem . You are three coaches with a F grade and no signs that you can even move up to a D . Most likely the real answer has always been coaching is not your thing or your staffs thing and that keeps the team from becoming a good team .

Comment

The end.

On another note, thanks to the late goal by Torrel, the 1st empty netter goes down as the game winner. Anybody ever see something like that before?
          Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by jsmithe View Post
            The end.

On another note, thanks to the late goal by Torrel, the 1st empty netter goes down as the game winner. Anybody ever see something like that before?
            Not that I can remember, but I'm sure it's happened on occasion.

Sounded like the Lakers had plenty of good scoring chances tonight, especially in the 1st period, but just couldn't bury enough of them. That's one of their needs. More guys that can finish.

Comment

Time to start the off-season thread earlier than we wanted.....again.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-season-thread
              Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 02-25-2018, 01:46 AM.
              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

There is always a bright side. Had the Lakers won they would have played Minnesota and we all know what that score would have been .

Comment

Working...
                X