Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 129

Thread: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

  1. #101
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Southwest MI
    Posts
    5,668

    Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

    I see that the Lakers will be playing in the GLI next season.

  2. #102
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,784

    Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

    After this weekend of play the Lakers will have one third of their season finished and they need wins as you don"t want to see one third of a season netting you two wins only . They need at least a split . I will be there for Saturdays night game as we have good friends who are Bowling Green fans .

  3. #103
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I see that the Lakers will be playing in the GLI next season.
    Great news. 1999 was the the last time the Lakers were in the GLI so it's been quite a long time.

  4. #104
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,784

    Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

    Went to the game in Bowling Green tonight and it was a waste of time and money . The only thing we enjoyed about the game was getting out and getting back home .

  5. #105
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sault Ste. Siberia, MI
    Posts
    227

    Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

    Thru 12 games:
    2014-15: 2-10 (19 goals for, 43 goals against)
    2015-16: 2-8-2 (24-37)
    2016-17: 6-6 (44-38)
    2017-18: 2-7-3 (26-44)
    Go Lakers!

    Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

  6. #106
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,784

    Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

    After giving up two short handed goals, a power play goal , racking up penalties, inept on a 5 on 3, not able to score on the power play and what looked like general confusion on the ice, you had to wonder if this team has had any coaching since the season begin.

  7. #107
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,667

    Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by sm2pk View Post
    After giving up two short handed goals, a power play goal , racking up penalties, inept on a 5 on 3, not able to score on the power play and what looked like general confusion on the ice, you had to wonder if this team has had any coaching since the season begin.
    Not sure if this is the last year of Whitten's contract, but if it is I think it is time for the Lakers to move in a different direction.

  8. #108
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Soo
    Posts
    1,817

    Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by Laker Dude View Post
    Not sure if this is the last year of Whitten's contract, but if it is I think it is time for the Lakers to move in a different direction.
    Let the rest of the season play out first but honestly does anyone here really believe that a coaching change will make that much of a difference? I'v only been to one home game this year (less to do with the Lakers' play and more to do with my disillusionment with college hockey and how the conference alignments shook out...I terribly miss the CCHA) and I saw a team that looked no different than under the past three coaches. We may have to face reality here; we have a D-III funded program that can no longer punch above its weight.

  9. #109
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,784

    Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

    I think you still have to give this coaching staff more time and hope they do a critique of how they are coaching and what works and what doesn't and fix the mistakes that this team is losing games on..Coaching is good but being a teacher is better .

  10. #110
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,309

    Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by jnacc View Post
    Let the rest of the season play out first but honestly does anyone here really believe that a coaching change will make that much of a difference? I'v only been to one home game this year (less to do with the Lakers' play and more to do with my disillusionment with college hockey and how the conference alignments shook out...I terribly miss the CCHA) and I saw a team that looked no different than under the past three coaches. We may have to face reality here; we have a D-III funded program that can no longer punch above its weight.
    Sounds like the situation at UAA. Sad.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  11. #111
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Southwest MI
    Posts
    5,668

    Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

    Nice hat trick for Lakers recruit Matthew Barnaby (Pembroke - CCHL) tonight.

  12. #112
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sault Ste. Siberia, MI
    Posts
    227

    Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Nice hat trick for Lakers recruit Matthew Barnaby (Pembroke - CCHL) tonight.
    I know you listed the recruits at the beginning of this thread, but do you know which ones have signed NLI's?
    Go Lakers!

    Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

  13. #113
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Southwest MI
    Posts
    5,668

    Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by jsmithe View Post
    I know you listed the recruits at the beginning of this thread, but do you know which ones have signed NLI's?
    I'm not 100% sure but I think all the guys I listed have signed NLIs except for Manz and DenBeste.

    The November early signing period is open now.

  14. #114
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,784

    Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Nice hat trick for Lakers recruit Matthew Barnaby (Pembroke - CCHL) tonight.
    That is nice, a hat trick . It is a shame that when they finally get to Lake State, scoring a hat trick is a distant memory that never happens again while with the Lakers .

  15. #115
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Soo, Mich
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2pk View Post
    After twenty plus years of going nowhere , the excuses have gotten old and repetitive . Good talent wins , bad talent loses. Good coaching wins, bad coaching loses. Winning brings fans in, losing keeps fans home . It is not rocket science .
    Fund the bottom of the barrel, expect the bottom of the barrel. And those 1500 butts in the seats aren’t doing much to boost the recruiting budget. We’re in the bottom few in budgeting, why expect more in the standings?

  16. #116
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Southwest MI
    Posts
    5,668

    Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

    From the Laker Hockey Show, Louis Boudon has signed his NLI. We may not get any more during this early signing period; not a lot of guys to replace for next season. They do have offers out to one or two other guys at this time so we could get some verbal commitments before long. Mike is out recruiting this week, and Damon and Rich will be out recruiting next week.

  17. #117
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,784

    Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

    We best hope like hell the lakers don't lose this weekend and solidify themselves at the bottom of the league and slowly work their way out of making the play offs.

  18. #118
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Southwest MI
    Posts
    5,668
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2pk View Post
    We best hope like hell the lakers don't lose this weekend and solidify themselves at the bottom of the league and slowly work their way out of making the play offs.
    Getting some points this weekend obviously would be great but it's probably going to be a struggle to win games as long as the D is still banged up and short handed. Both Saccoman and Kaeble are still out and I think one or two of the other guys are playing while less than100% healthy. From the hockey show this week it sounded like Saccoman may be back before Kaeble but who knows when that will even be. Getting those 2 guys back should be a big help as will getting Ruggiero in the lineup after this semester when he becomes eligible.

  19. #119
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Southwest MI
    Posts
    5,668

    Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

    Much needed road win for the Lakers tonight. Absolutely huge to get the 1st goal of the game and get the lead.

  20. #120
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Much needed road win for the Lakers tonight. Absolutely huge to get the 1st goal of the game and get the lead.
    Need to win tomorrow and get back to .500 in conference play. We have a tough December schedule coming up and the Lakers have to get points against lower tier teams.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •