LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

The season is now fully in their hands .

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
      Well, things will be pretty interesting next weekend now. I for one would be very happy to see Ferris sitting at home in two weeks.

Go Lakers!
      A Laker win in Ewigleben Arena would go a huge way for team morale I would imagine, considering the Lakers have been snake-bitten in Big Rapids, having only won 2 games outright & 1 shootout win since the 2008-2009 season (given, they haven't played them every year).
      LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

I'm not sure how many of you on this thread attend games regularly at Abel Arena, but one of the more passionate fans in recent years who has been dubbed 'Speedoman', and can be seen near the opposing team's bench each week died unexpectedly this past weekend. I've talked to him a few times, but certainly don't claim to have known the guy, but passionate fans like him are hard to come by. I mean, I don't think there's many others who would wear nothing but a speedo along the boards at an ice hockey game.

So, R.I.P Justin Kelly. _/ _/ _/

https://www.lssu.edu/news/evening-se...students-life/
        LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

I am sorry to hear that. I remember him at the games and the excitement he had for the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Deman View Post
            I'm not sure how many of you on this thread attend games regularly at Abel Arena, but one of the more passionate fans in recent years who has been dubbed 'Speedoman', and can be seen near the opposing team's bench each week died unexpectedly this past weekend. I've talked to him a few times, but certainly don't claim to have known the guy, but passionate fans like him are hard to come by. I mean, I don't think there's many others who would wear nothing but a speedo along the boards at an ice hockey game.

So, R.I.P Justin Kelly. _/ _/ _/

https://www.lssu.edu/news/evening-se...students-life/
            I never met him and don't get to the Taffy for many games, but I do remember hearing about him and even seeing him. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Comment

Seems the season is finishing with excitement .

Comment

I still can't believe, after the season we've had, that the Lakers will be fighting for a playoff spot this weekend. Simply unbelievable the effort the team has shown in their last couple of outings to get them here.

4 points will do it, but it all starts tonight.

Looking forward, if they do make the playoffs, and the standings stay the way they are at the top, we'll either be playing Mankato, Northern or Bowling Green. Best case scenario here, of course, is Northern. Shortest road trip and the possibility of having a lot of blue and gold cheer them on. BG would be my second choice, simply because in 2 of the 4 games they've played this year, they've kept it close.

I'm trying hard not to picture the team lifting the Broadmoor, since let's face it, it's highly unlikely that will happen, but one can wish right?
                LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                  Seems the season is finishing with excitement .
                  It'll be even more exciting if the Lakers win tonight.

Comment

Wow! The team that the supposed “insiders,” the people that think they know everything said had “quit,” “wouldn’t play for this coach,” that had a bad dressing room is going to drop the puck with a 4 game win streak (and 3 of the previous 4 losses were by 1 goal to the #2 & #3 teams in the league) and a shot at the post season. It wasn’t the players that quit. It was the keyboard rattling know it alls. Go Soo Lakers!

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
                      Wow! The team that the supposed “insiders,” the people that think they know everything said had “quit,” “wouldn’t play for this coach,” that had a bad dressing room is going to drop the puck with a 4 game win streak (and 3 of the previous 4 losses were by 1 goal to the #2 & #3 teams in the league) and a shot at the post season. It wasn’t the players that quit. It was the keyboard rattling know it alls. Go Soo Lakers!
                      Many of the players were 100% playing uninspired hockey for most of that stretch, which will lead some of us to make assumptions. I know first hand how grating Damon can be outside of the locker room, so it's pretty easy to make assumptions on what could be happening inside of it.

I still think think they had a bad locker room, but its definitely shifted from being a possible coaching issue to being because of a bad apple. Once a certain player was arrested for breaking an ice sculpture downtown, the team started to play better. Coincidence? Maybe. Or maybe he was being toxic and bringing the room down.

No matter what the issue may have been to cause the slump, I'm glad the team has been looking good recently, and bodes well for next season, assuming there aren't too many early departures (because let's face it, there almost always is). Hell, I'm glad to be eating crow if the Lakers of the last month show up again this weekend.
                      LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Comment

Short interview from Neutral Zone with our recent verbal commitment, Miroslav Mucha.

https://www.neutralzone.net/mens/201...-lssu-recruit/

Comment

• Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post

I'm glad the team turned their season around but it wasn't just the few on here you should be concerned about. Go out into town and get after 600 to 900 or so fans that quit going to the games.

Go Lake State Lakers
                          BLEED BLUE

Comment

Well, thanks to UAA, the Lakers still have an outside shot at making the playoffs. Not a very good chance maybe, but still a chance.

The Lakers won most of the stats in their game last night, just not the biggest one, the scoreboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                              Well, thanks to UAA, the Lakers still have an outside shot at making the playoffs. Not a very good chance maybe, but still a chance.

The Lakers won most of the stats in their game last night, just not the biggest one, the scoreboard.
                              I thought so too, but your University website says it is statistically impossible for them to make the playoffs. Why is that?
                              Originally Posted by aparch
                              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

WCHA 1-5 set in stone....

1.Minnesota State 2. Northern Michigan 3. Bowling Green 4. Bemidji State 5. Michigan Tech

Final playoff berth will be settled tonight...Alaska or Lake Superior State

6-9 still up for grabs for seeding

UAH 33 pts and FSU 31 pts have clinched a playoff spot.

Alaska is eighth with 30 and Lake State has 27...Lakers need three points meaning they have to beat Ferris in regulation or five-minute OT(and Lakers lost to Ferris at Ferris last night) and Alaska loses again to UAA. Lakers only way to get in playoffs. Lakers own tie--breaker "C" over Nanooks/one less conference loss.

Alaska clinches final position with one point tonight period.

Alaska can finish six thru ninth....

Sixth with win and loses by Ferris and UAH...Alaska owns tie breaker "E" over UAH with a win over first place Minnesota State and would win all tie breaker scenarios with Ferris too I believe....

And there could be a three way tie with 33 pts if Ferris beats Lakers in 3x 3 or shoot out. UAH loses and Alaska wins.
                                Not sure here...but might favor AK>>> u tell me......

Lake Superior State has since corrected their story from last night saying that were officially eliminated to saying that need to help to advance from this the last weekend of the regular season.....

Please correct me if I am wrong...........

Comment

Working...
                                X