Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    Anyone else have trouble picking up the broadcast stream tonight?
    I heard that the radio stream was not working tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
      I heard that the radio stream was not working tonight.
      Thanks Laker Dude. That's what I suspected.

Comment

Maybe next year will be better . The season is half over and they have four wins . Let us hope they are bringing in better players and if not,maybe the year after that .

Comment

It is kind of ironic. We blamed Roque for not trying to recruit players from the USHL and BCHL and now we have a coach who is recruiting from those leagues as much as possible and things are not better if not worse .

Comment

Former Laker Kevin Czuczman was just called up by the Penguins. They play the Maple Leafs tonight so hopefully Kevin will see some action.

Comment

Things are getting worse .

Comment

We should be more worried about the poor attendance than our poor record. Only 1157 for attendance tonight with students not on break. It is starting to get alarming.
                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                  We should be more worried about the poor attendance than our poor record. Only 1157 for attendance tonight with students not on break. It is starting to get alarming.

I think the low attendance is a direct result of the team's terrible play.
                  BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                    College hockey re-alignment has had, so far, a very negative impact on attendance nation wide. I've long said that many casual Lakers fans simply cannot get excited with the current make up of the WCHA and the Laker home schedule. Attendance would have been far far better if the old CCHA were still in existence. No matter the Lakers record, casual hockey fans would always come out to see the likes of Michigan and Michigan State, Notre Dame and even to a lesser extent teams like Miami and Western Michigan who from time to time were able to recruit A list players. I'm not really sure anymore about the future of Laker Hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                      I think the low attendance is a direct result of the team's terrible play.
                      Probably doesn't help that the Greyhounds are on a 17 game winning streak and the Eagles are 18-11 and playing well.
                      Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

Win and they come,lose and they find something else to do .

Comment

Originally posted by jsmithe View Post
                          Probably doesn't help that the Greyhounds are on a 17 game winning streak and the Eagles are 18-11 and playing well.
                          Not many cross border fans around anymore. Canadians once made up 25% of total enrollment, they now constitute less than 8%. The border at one time was nothing more than a formality and you would see a lot of Ontario plates at Laker games. Not so any more. I think the Eagle fans are the one and the same as Laker fans. They do a great job and the Eagles have the highest attendance in the NOJHL but 7 to 8 hundred fans are not enough to sustain a college hockey program.

Comment

• The increase in ticket prices this season likely has had a negative impact as well. Probably also should of kept Friday start times to 7:37 as well.
                            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

I think you guy's are correct about the different reasons for the drop in attendance at the games. The CCHA days did offer way better home schedules and there is a lot less Ontario plates in the parking lots. The ticket prices for non season ticket holders I think is high enough to keep the occasional goers to stay away with the team's play and no big school draws. As far as the Friday starting time I'm not sure because because I heard quit a few people complain about the game's getting over to late from the older fans as well as the one's that brought smaller kids.

I am losing faith in the coach, too many games this year I've heard that he's had too many passengers. The team holds a players only meeting and play even worse. I am starting to think the players are not buying into the coaching.
                              BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                                I think you guy's are correct about the different reasons for the drop in attendance at the games. The CCHA days did offer way better home schedules and there is a lot less Ontario plates in the parking lots. The ticket prices for non season ticket holders I think is high enough to keep the occasional goers to stay away with the team's play and no big school draws. As far as the Friday starting time I'm not sure because because I heard quit a few people complain about the game's getting over to late from the older fans as well as the one's that brought smaller kids.

I am losing faith in the coach, too many games this year I've heard that he's had too many passengers. The team holds a players only meeting and play even worse. I am starting to think the players are not buying into the coaching.
                                The ticket prices for season ticket holders is the same as non season tickets, you just get the same seat every game, at least I think the prices on my season tickets are the same as what you pay at the door.

Did the team have another meeting Friday night? They did last week, and played much better Saturday. I think that it's really just a few players that aren't giving it their all, but it brings the rest of the team down. Why should someone go out on the ice & give it their all when the two guys on the blueline would rather be sitting at home playing Madden? Or your forward linemates aren't where they should be?

Once Ruggerio and Miura come on board over the next few weeks, I'm hoping it kicks the rest of the team into gear, especially if they are as good as people are saying. And I know it's too early to be talking about the offseason, but I suspect that, whether or not there will be a coaching change, if there are that many players who are unhappy here, you'll see a mass exodus come April, whether it's back to Juniors for the younger guys, D3 or some semi-pro league.

But I think this stretch has shown that there is some issue in the locker room, it's just a matter of where it's at: the coaches or the players.
                                LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X