LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

After giving up two short handed goals, a power play goal , racking up penalties, inept on a 5 on 3, not able to score on the power play and what looked like general confusion on the ice, you had to wonder if this team has had any coaching since the season begin.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
      After giving up two short handed goals, a power play goal , racking up penalties, inept on a 5 on 3, not able to score on the power play and what looked like general confusion on the ice, you had to wonder if this team has had any coaching since the season begin.
      Not sure if this is the last year of Whitten's contract, but if it is I think it is time for the Lakers to move in a different direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
        Not sure if this is the last year of Whitten's contract, but if it is I think it is time for the Lakers to move in a different direction.
        Let the rest of the season play out first but honestly does anyone here really believe that a coaching change will make that much of a difference? I'v only been to one home game this year (less to do with the Lakers' play and more to do with my disillusionment with college hockey and how the conference alignments shook out...I terribly miss the CCHA) and I saw a team that looked no different than under the past three coaches. We may have to face reality here; we have a D-III funded program that can no longer punch above its weight.

Comment

I think you still have to give this coaching staff more time and hope they do a critique of how they are coaching and what works and what doesn't and fix the mistakes that this team is losing games on..Coaching is good but being a teacher is better .

Comment

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
            Let the rest of the season play out first but honestly does anyone here really believe that a coaching change will make that much of a difference? I'v only been to one home game this year (less to do with the Lakers' play and more to do with my disillusionment with college hockey and how the conference alignments shook out...I terribly miss the CCHA) and I saw a team that looked no different than under the past three coaches. We may have to face reality here; we have a D-III funded program that can no longer punch above its weight.
            Sounds like the situation at UAA. Sad.
            Originally Posted by aparch
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Nice hat trick for Lakers recruit Matthew Barnaby (Pembroke - CCHL) tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                I know you listed the recruits at the beginning of this thread, but do you know which ones have signed NLI's?
                Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by jsmithe View Post
                  I know you listed the recruits at the beginning of this thread, but do you know which ones have signed NLI's?
                  I'm not 100% sure but I think all the guys I listed have signed NLIs except for Manz and DenBeste.

The November early signing period is open now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                    That is nice, a hat trick . It is a shame that when they finally get to Lake State, scoring a hat trick is a distant memory that never happens again while with the Lakers .

Comment

• Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                      After twenty plus years of going nowhere , the excuses have gotten old and repetitive . Good talent wins , bad talent loses. Good coaching wins, bad coaching loses. Winning brings fans in, losing keeps fans home . It is not rocket science .
                      Fund the bottom of the barrel, expect the bottom of the barrel. And those 1500 butts in the seats aren’t doing much to boost the recruiting budget. We’re in the bottom few in budgeting, why expect more in the standings?

Comment

From the Laker Hockey Show, Louis Boudon has signed his NLI. We may not get any more during this early signing period; not a lot of guys to replace for next season. They do have offers out to one or two other guys at this time so we could get some verbal commitments before long. Mike is out recruiting this week, and Damon and Rich will be out recruiting next week.

Comment

We best hope like hell the lakers don't lose this weekend and solidify themselves at the bottom of the league and slowly work their way out of making the play offs.

Comment

• Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                            We best hope like hell the lakers don't lose this weekend and solidify themselves at the bottom of the league and slowly work their way out of making the play offs.
                            Getting some points this weekend obviously would be great but it's probably going to be a struggle to win games as long as the D is still banged up and short handed. Both Saccoman and Kaeble are still out and I think one or two of the other guys are playing while less than100% healthy. From the hockey show this week it sounded like Saccoman may be back before Kaeble but who knows when that will even be. Getting those 2 guys back should be a big help as will getting Ruggiero in the lineup after this semester when he becomes eligible.

Comment

Much needed road win for the Lakers tonight. Absolutely huge to get the 1st goal of the game and get the lead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
                                Much needed road win for the Lakers tonight. Absolutely huge to get the 1st goal of the game and get the lead.
                                Need to win tomorrow and get back to .500 in conference play. We have a tough December schedule coming up and the Lakers have to get points against lower tier teams.
                                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Working...
                                X