Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 301

Thread: USCHO Poster's Poll: '17-'18

  1. #261
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    ellicott city, md, usa
    Posts
    10,216

    Re: USCHO Poster's Poll: '17-'18

    1 Wisconsin 2-0-0 vs Minny Duluth Keeps them on top
    2 Boston College 1-0-1 vs BU Stays at #2 because
    3 Colgate 1-1-0 vs Cornell Split with Cornell keeps them at 3 because
    4 Clarkson 2-0-0 vs SLU CCT is SLU Kryptonite however CCT lost to Colgate
    5 Minnesota 1-1-0 vs Bemidji moves them up 1 because
    6 Cornell 1-1-0 vs Colgate Split with #3 Colgate moves them up 2 because
    7 Ohio State 0-0-2 vs St Cloud ties to unranked team moves them down 2
    8 St. Lawrence 0-2-0 vs CCT moves them down only 1 because
    9 Providence 1-0-1 vs UConn tie with unranked team keeps them here because
    10 Robert Morris 1-1-0 vs Mercyhurst split with unranked team keeps them here because there is no one else worthy of Top 10 status
    Last edited by vicb; 12-03-2017 at 05:02 AM.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014 & 2017 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

  2. #262
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    401

    Re: USCHO Poster's Poll: '17-'18

    1 Wisconsin - simply the best
    2 Boston College - potential #1
    3 Clarkson - good weekend moves them ahead of Colgate
    4 Colgate - split with Cornell
    5 Ohio State - 4 of 6 points however concerning weekend
    6 Minnesota - split keeps them here
    7 Cornell - still not convinced
    8 Robert Morris - loss to Mercy hurts
    9 Providence - coin toss
    10 St-Lawrence - tails

  3. #263
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Hampton, CT
    Posts
    9,719

    Re: USCHO Poster's Poll: '17-'18

    Literally nobody wants to be ranked I think

    1 Wisconsin
    2 Boston College
    3 Colgate
    4 Clarkson
    5 Minnesota
    6 Cornell
    7 Ohio State
    8 Providence
    9 St. Lawrence
    10 Robert Morris

  4. #264
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    9,237

    Re: USCHO Poster's Poll: '17-'18

    1 Wisconsin
    2 Clarkson
    3 BC
    4 Colgate
    5 Cornell
    6 Minnesota
    7 Ohio State
    8 Providence
    9 Quinnipiac
    10 St. Lawrence
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  5. #265

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    31,637

    Re: USCHO Poster's Poll: '17-'18

    I'm really disappointed that the #1 PWR team has not received a vote.

  6. #266
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Hampton, CT
    Posts
    9,719
    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    I'm really disappointed that the #1 PWR team has not received a vote.
    They've been getting votes in the SB Nation poll (though not by me I assure you...)

  7. #267
    Making America Great Again
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    on the road helping illegals move to Canada
    Posts
    1,810

    Re: USCHO Poster's Poll: '17-'18

    Quote Originally Posted by vicb View Post
    1 Wisconsin 2-0-0 vs Minny Duluth Keeps them on top
    2 Boston College 1-0-1 vs BU Stays at #2 because
    3 Colgate 1-1-0 vs Cornell Split with Cornell keeps them at 3 because
    4 Clarkson 2-0-0 vs SLU CCT is SLU Kryptonite however CCT lost to Colgate
    5 Minnesota 1-1-0 vs Bemidji moves them up 1 because
    6 Cornell 1-1-0 vs Colgate Split with #3 Colgate moves them up 2 because
    7 Ohio State 0-0-2 vs St Cloud ties to unranked team moves them down 2
    8 St. Lawrence 0-2-0 vs CCT moves them down only 1 because
    9 Providence 1-0-1 vs UConn tie with unranked team keeps them here because
    10 Robert Morris 1-1-0 vs Mercyhurst split with unranked team keeps them here because there is no one else worthy of Top 10 status
    hard to argue with the logic of that, however, I'm going with :
    1 Wisconsin
    2 Boston College
    3 Colgate
    4 Clarkson
    5 Minnesota
    6 Cornell
    7 Ohio State
    8 Providence
    9 Robert Morris
    10 St. Lawrence
    Really folks, we should forgive Al Franken, that is one hot babe, how could he resist grabbin' her? .... maybe if he'd have remembered he's married?

  8. #268
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    east
    Posts
    38

    Re: USCHO Poster's Poll: '17-'18

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    I'm really disappointed that the #1 PWR team has not received a vote.
    what team is that?

  9. #269
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    233

    Re: USCHO Poster's Poll: '17-'18

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    I'm really disappointed that the #1 PWR team has not received a vote.
    Did you see that they lost to Bowdoin over the weekend? Let's see...lose to an unranked D3 team and you would like to see them get votes????

  10. #270
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,740

    Re: USCHO Poster's Poll: '17-'18

    Top ten theme is an abbreviated days of Christmas

    1. Wisconsin - A cheese tray with salami
    2. bc - Two Watts a channel
    3. Clarkson - Three golden Knights
    4. Colgate - Four balanced scorers
    5. Cornell - Five pairwise wins
    6. Minnesota - Six extra skaters
    7. Ohio State - Seven Sauves a'sieveing
    8. St Lawrence - Eight Marchment mentions
    9. Providence - Nine Friar fans
    10. RMU - Ten Howard highlights
    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 12-04-2017 at 03:58 PM.

  11. #271
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Hampton, CT
    Posts
    9,719

    Re: USCHO Poster's Poll: '17-'18

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    7. Ohio State - Seven Sauve saves
    I would have gone with "Seven Sauves a'Sieveing"

  12. #272
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,740

    Re: USCHO Poster's Poll: '17-'18

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    I would have gone with "Seven Sauves a'Sieveing"
    Done...Open to other suggestions as well.

  13. #273
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,913

    Re: USCHO Poster's Poll: '17-'18

    1. Wisconsin
    2. Boston College
    3. Clarkson
    4. Colgate
    5. Cornell
    6. Minnesota
    7. Ohio State
    8. St. Lawrence
    9. Providence
    10. Robert Morris
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  14. #274
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Hampton, CT
    Posts
    9,719

    Re: USCHO Poster's Poll: '17-'18

    Gonna do my best to get the poll up tomorrow, but going to need some more ballots!

  15. #275
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    36

    Re: USCHO Poster's Poll: '17-'18

    1. Wisconsin
    2. Boston College
    3. Clarkson
    4. Colgate
    5. Cornell
    6. Ohio State
    7. St. Lawrence
    8. Minnesota
    9. Providence
    10. Bemidji

  16. #276
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    327

    Re: USCHO Poster's Poll: '17-'18

    Quote Originally Posted by GopherBadger View Post
    1. Wisconsin
    2. Boston College
    3. Clarkson
    4. Colgate
    5. Cornell
    6. Ohio State
    7. St. Lawrence
    8. Minnesota
    9. Providence
    10. Bemidji
    If GopherBadger can put a 4 games below .500 WCHA team in the top 10 just because they beat Minnesota, can I put a 4 games below Hockey East team like Merrimack at #8 just because they beat Minnesota? (I will use the same top 10 as GopherBadger to be fair).

  17. #277
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    36

    Re: USCHO Poster's Poll: '17-'18

    Quote Originally Posted by EastFan1 View Post
    If GopherBadger can put a 4 games below .500 WCHA team in the top 10 just because they beat Minnesota, can I put a 4 games below Hockey East team like Merrimack at #8 just because they beat Minnesota? (I will use the same top 10 as GopherBadger to be fair).
    I get it. I always like to rank teams based on how they would do head to head more than overall record. Just have a hard time believing any team (especially RM) below Bemidji at 10 would beat them in a 3 game series. Maybe that's skewed logic, but I am the GopherBadger & what can be more wrong than that!

  18. #278
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Minny
    Posts
    1,357

    Re: USCHO Poster's Poll: '17-'18

    Quote Originally Posted by EastFan1 View Post
    If GopherBadger can put a 4 games below .500 WCHA team in the top 10 just because they beat Minnesota, can I put a 4 games below Hockey East team like Merrimack at #8 just because they beat Minnesota? (I will use the same top 10 as GopherBadger to be fair).
    If you think that's where they belong, I think the answer to your question is "yes".


    (The answer is probably "yes" even if you don't think that's where they belong, although that may be TTTs purview)

  19. #279
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,740

    Re: USCHO Poster's Poll: '17-'18

    Quote Originally Posted by EastFan1 View Post
    If GopherBadger can put a 4 games below .500 WCHA team in the top 10 just because they beat Minnesota, can I put a 4 games below Hockey East team like Merrimack at #8 just because they beat Minnesota? (I will use the same top 10 as GopherBadger to be fair).

    That's the beauty of it, GB is free to do as he/she pleases and you are just as free to do as you wish with a poll...Although it is probably not selective enough for you to make your point as, other than Wisco, the east dominates the poll.

  20. #280
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    11

    Re: USCHO Poster's Poll: '17-'18

    1. WI
    2. Clarkson
    3. BC
    4. Cornell
    5. Colgate
    6. St. L
    7. Northeastern
    8. U of M
    9. Ohio
    10 . Bemidji

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •