4 Clarkson
    5 Ohio State
    6 Minnesota

*gap*

7 Cornell
    8 Providence
    9 Robert Morris
    10 St. Lawrence

And if Clarkson does not wake up on Fridays and stop with the dumb penalties the bottom 4 will become the bottom 5.
    Last edited by vicb; 11-20-2017, 06:09 AM.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Re: USCHO Poster's Poll: '17-'18

1 Wisconsin
      2 Colgate
      3 Boston College
      4 Ohio State
      5 Clarkson
      6 Minnesota
      7 Robert Morris
      8 Providence
      9 St Lawrence
      10 Cornell

Comment

Nice to finally get some consensus lately!

Also I feel like Harvard has forfeited all rights to receiving votes for the rest of the year
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

1) WI
          2) Colgate

3) BC
          4) OSU
          5) MN – If you go by how they are playing right now
          6) Clarkson – would be ahead of MN if you consider entire year
          7) Cornell –

8) StL – could easily drop down to #10
          9) Providence – needs to beat UNH this week to prove they are real and break away from Maine & UNH, if they do I’d give them #8
          10) RMU – gets no respect, needs a quality opponent, be careful what you ask for (OSU & Colgate)

Comment

1 Wisc
            2 BC
            3 Colgate
            4 Minn
            5 Clarkson
            6 Cornell
            7 OSU
            8 Maine
            9 RMU
            10 St L.

Comment

OSU is over rated, either that or BSU is under rated

Comment

I think that OSU is ranked right where they should be and Bemidji may make an entrance into the top 10 before the year is over. Your comment is not accompanied with a ranking so not sure where you have these teams. Having said, you could say the same about many teams this year. What about Minnesota? Are they overrated or is Minnesota State underrated? How about Clarkson and their challenging weekend with Vermont or their loss this past Friday against Qinnipiac? Are they overrated? What you are seeing is parity which makes every weekend interesting for most women's hockey fans. Or maybe you simply prefer blow outs!

Comment

What teams in the top ten are thankful for during Thanksgiving week:

1. Wisconsin - The most talented roster from top to bottom in WCH during a Olympic year.
                  2. Colgate - Well balanced scoring depth and solid goaltending.
                  3. bc - A freshman shining brightest at the top of the scoring stats illuminating her line-mate, making them the best duo in WCH.
                  4. Clarkson - Upperclassmen leadership and a very good freshman who has remained healthy despite a scare.
                  5. OSU - A coaching staff with Minnesota ties and two fabulous freshmen forwards.
                  6. Minnesota - A cream puff schedule to get them out of the hole they dug for themselves at the beginning of the year.
                  7. Cornell - That they have lost games to teams that are not Holy Cross.
                  8. Providence - That they are competing in a year when there appears to be a lot more parity in Hockey East besides bc.
                  9. St Lawrence - A first line and goaltending that give them a chance to be in the top three of a very competitive league.
                  10. RMU - For the chance they had to be in the NCAA playoffs last year and the opportunity to improve on that this year. Also being in a league with an auto-bid.
                  At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                    I think that OSU is ranked right where they should be and Bemidji may make an entrance into the top 10 before the year is over. Your comment is not accompanied with a ranking so not sure where you have these teams. Having said, you could say the same about many teams this year. What about Minnesota? Are they overrated or is Minnesota State underrated? How about Clarkson and their challenging weekend with Vermont or their loss this past Friday against Qinnipiac? Are they overrated? What you are seeing is parity which makes every weekend interesting for most women's hockey fans. Or maybe you simply prefer blow outs!
                    I would much rather see a close game than a blowout, I don't think I am qualified to submit a top 10 list. I have only seen about 1/2 the teams everyone is ranking. however I do follow box scores pretty close. just seems like teams that don't even get top 10 votes are going 1-1 on weekends with the loss being a one goal game (minus a few empty nets) and the following week you see no change for the most part in the top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by *WH-fan* View Post
                      I would much rather see a close game than a blowout, I don't think I am qualified to submit a top 10 list. I have only seen about 1/2 the teams everyone is ranking. however I do follow box scores pretty close. just seems like teams that don't even get top 10 votes are going 1-1 on weekends with the loss being a one goal game (minus a few empty nets) and the following week you see no change for the most part in the top 10.
                      I think Ohio State needs to lose again to really take a rankings hit. Their only 2 losses have been to Wisconsin and they have a win and a tie against the Gophers.

They get Bobby Morris (9-1-2) this weekend. That'll be a fun series. Paper tiger status of someone may begin to be exposed. (Gopher fans can watch the Saturday game with the day pass we buy for the first Lindenwood game )

Comment

... I don't think I am qualified to submit a top 10 list. I have only seen about 1/2 the teams everyone is ranking. ...
                        None of us see all the teams play either, the more people who give their opinion, the more accurate the poll is as long as you don’t make some really ridiculous ranking. As long as you give an accurate rating of the teams you do see, it will counteract the inaccurate ratings of someone else who doesn’t watch those teams, and someone’s accurate ratings of the teams you don’t watch even out your ranking of the teams you are not familiar with.

And keep in mind the WCHA coaches picked MN to be #1. I'm pretty sure the fans here would have picked WI, so who is better qualified to rank the teams? We do just as good a job here as any other poll. If you look at previous years, this poll has been pretty accurate.

Bemidji is one of those teams that if they actually beat one of the top teams instead of losing by a goal, would be ranked, but that hasn’t happened yet.

Comment

You are more than qualified to submit a poll. I have only seen 3 of the teams play, you just use the eye test when you can, then look at who beat who and go from there. Just have fun with it, there is no right or wrong, maybe some fun discussions pop up from it.

1 UW
                          2 Colgate
                          3 BC
                          4 Clarkson
                          5 UM
                          6 OSU
                          7 St L
                          8 Prov
                          9 Maine
                          10 Cornell

I'm not ranking Bob M until they prove their worth.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            You are more than qualified to submit a poll. I have only seen 3 of the teams play, you just use the eye test when you can, then look at who beat who and go from there. Just have fun with it, there is no right or wrong, maybe some fun discussions pop up from it.

1 UW
                            2 Colgate
                            3 BC
                            4 Clarkson
                            5 UM
                            6 OSU
                            7 St L
                            8 Prov
                            9 Maine
                            10 Cornell

I'm not ranking Bob M until they prove their worth.
                            My first stab at it after researching teams I haven't seen play

1. Wisconsin
                            2. Clarkson
                            3. BC
                            4. Colgate
                            5. Cornell
                            6. U of M
                            7. St. Lawrence
                            8. Ohio

Not comfortable going to 10, I think you could throw any of the following for the next two and have good reason why:
                            Northeastern
                            Prov
                            Bemidji
                            Robert Morris
                            Quinnipiac

Comment

HEADS UP: #2 Colgate-#8 Cornell ( H & H ) weekend Dec.1 & 2 portends a poll impact

The significant rivalry between these ECAC traveling partners will take on special meaning when they meet in Cornell's historic Lynah Rink in Ithaca, N.Y. on Friday night and in Colgate's spanking new Class of '65 Arena in Hamilton, N.Y, on Saturday. Only a 2 hour drive apart, these arch rivals can enjoy a luxury road game--sleeping in their own beds--assuming the snow gods cooperate.

Cornell has the lead in the series ( 21-13-4 ) and Colgate's most recent victories were in 2016-17 ( 2-1 ), 2015-16 ( 4-3 ) and 2008-9
                              ( 4-3 ). This is the 3rd season in a major transformation of 'gate WIH. So going into the Cornell series at #2 in the USCHO and PWR is a new kind of experience for 'gate. These games are among the most hard fought of the season regardless of rankings, etc. Cornell, like the other Ivies in the ECAC start play much later than the other teams. The fact that Cornell has played half as many games as 'gate ytd makes predicting the outcome of these games that much harder. In any event, the outcome of this series almost guarantees a poll impact. Stay tuned!
                              Last edited by Raider Archivist; 11-21-2017, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raider Archivist View Post
                                HEADS UP: #2 Colgate-#8 Cornell ( H & H ) weekend Dec.1 & 2 portends a poll impact

The significant rivalry between these ECAC traveling partners will take on special meaning when they meet in Cornell's historic Lynah Rink in Ithaca, N.Y. on Friday night and in Colgate's spanking new Class of '65 Arena in Hamilton, N.Y, on Saturday. Only a 2 hour drive apart, these arch rivals can enjoy a luxury road game--sleeping in their own beds--assuming the snow gods cooperate.

Cornell has the lead in the series ( 21-13-4 ) and Colgate's most recent victories were in 2016-17 ( 2-1 ), 2015-16 ( 4-3 ) and 2008-9
                                ( 4-3 ). This is the 3rd season in a major transformation of 'gate WIH. So going into the Cornell series at #2 in the USCHO and PWR is a new kind of experience for 'gate. These games are among the most hard fought of the season regardless of rankings, etc. Cornell, like the other Ivies in the ECAC start play much later than the other teams. The fact that Cornell has played half as many games as 'gate ytd makes predicting the outcome of these games that much harder. In any event, the outcome of this series almost guarantees a poll impact. Stay tuned!
                                Great - now rank your top 10!

Comment

Working...
                                X