Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Re: USCHO Poster's Poll: '17-'18

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      I would have gone with "Seven Sauves a'Sieveing"
      Done...Open to other suggestions as well.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

1. Wisconsin
        2. Boston College
        3. Clarkson
        4. Colgate
        5. Cornell
        6. Minnesota
        7. Ohio State
        8. St. Lawrence
        9. Providence
        10. Robert Morris
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Gonna do my best to get the poll up tomorrow, but going to need some more ballots!
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

1. Wisconsin
            2. Boston College
            3. Clarkson
            4. Colgate
            5. Cornell
            6. Ohio State
            7. St. Lawrence
            8. Minnesota
            9. Providence
            10. Bemidji

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBadger View Post
              1. Wisconsin
              2. Boston College
              3. Clarkson
              4. Colgate
              5. Cornell
              6. Ohio State
              7. St. Lawrence
              8. Minnesota
              9. Providence
              10. Bemidji
              If GopherBadger can put a 4 games below .500 WCHA team in the top 10 just because they beat Minnesota, can I put a 4 games below Hockey East team like Merrimack at #8 just because they beat Minnesota? (I will use the same top 10 as GopherBadger to be fair).

Comment

Originally posted by EastFan1 View Post
                If GopherBadger can put a 4 games below .500 WCHA team in the top 10 just because they beat Minnesota, can I put a 4 games below Hockey East team like Merrimack at #8 just because they beat Minnesota? (I will use the same top 10 as GopherBadger to be fair).
                I get it. I always like to rank teams based on how they would do head to head more than overall record. Just have a hard time believing any team (especially RM) below Bemidji at 10 would beat them in a 3 game series. Maybe that's skewed logic, but I am the GopherBadger & what can be more wrong than that!

Comment

If you think that's where they belong, I think the answer to your question is "yes".

(The answer is probably "yes" even if you don't think that's where they belong, although that may be TTTs purview)

Comment

That's the beauty of it, GB is free to do as he/she pleases and you are just as free to do as you wish with a poll...Although it is probably not selective enough for you to make your point as, other than Wisco, the east dominates the poll.
                    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

1. WI
                      2. Clarkson
                      3. BC
                      4. Cornell
                      5. Colgate
                      6. St. L
                      7. Northeastern
                      8. U of M
                      9. Ohio
                      10 . Bemidji

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBadger View Post
                        I get it. I always like to rank teams based on how they would do head to head more than overall record. Just have a hard time believing any team (especially RM) below Bemidji at 10 would beat them in a 3 game series. Maybe that's skewed logic, but I am the GopherBadger & what can be more wrong than that!
                        Be honest. After St. Cloud torched Bemidji by 4 goals last week you wanted to prop them up.

Comment

Be honest. After St. Cloud torched Bemidji by 4 goals last week you wanted to prop them up.
                          I felt the same way about Merrimack's recent 5 goal loss to Providence. So we can use the poll to make both teams feel better.

Comment

Bemidji was without 4 of top 9 forwards that game. (exhibition Game - game to replace 1 they lost due to N.Dakota) No excuse, just saying I think it would have been a different outcome if everyone played. Just the week prior it looks like they Swept the series in St. Cloud in the conference games.

Comment

Originally posted by *WH-fan* View Post
                              Bemidji was without 4 of top 9 forwards that game. (exhibition Game - game to replace 1 they lost due to N.Dakota) No excuse, just saying I think it would have been a different outcome if everyone played. Just the week prior it looks like they Swept the series in St. Cloud in the conference games.
                              True. That sweep helped Bemidji tie New Hampshire for 16th in the Pairwise.

Comment

True. That sweep helped Bemidji tie New Hampshire for 16th in the Pairwise.
                                I don't put much stock in that. just looked at both teams schedules, 4/19 games for NH against ranked (top 10) teams vs 10/19 games for Bemidji against ranked (top 10) teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X