Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USCHO Poster's Poll: '17-'18

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    ...........Clarkson wasn't unbitten by the graduation bug, but they lost far less and don't have any Olympic worries. So despite the fact that they leapfrogged some higher ranked teams to win the natty last year... I think they also leapfrogged them in the offseason.
    Clarkson was bitten by the graduation bug more than you think TTT with the loss of Mercer and Bannon along with their great leadership. Those two did everything. They were on the PP, PK along with a regular shift. Bannon was great in the corners as was Mercer. Loren Gabel absolutely thrived in the last half of the regular season and post season when she was put on the Mercer Bannon line. Clarkson will be darn good once again but some group is gonna have to make up for those 43g and 72 assists and penalty killing prowess. The senior forwards are not scorers but contribute in other ways. They have a great freshman class with both scoring and defense. Giguere, Boyle, Pidgeon and Stoddard are scorers, and the addition of Mitchell and Hector on D may make Clarkson even better there. I think the scoring will be down but the defense just might be a tad better. Saturday at 3:00PM they play Guelph and you can watch for free on the internet and see for yourself.
    Last edited by vicb; 09-21-2017, 02:18 PM.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by agfire View Post
      Is anyone willing to expand their choices to 20 or 25? Some interesting selections so far.
      What!!!!! Not this guy.
      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Is anyone willing to expand their choices to 20 or 25? Some interesting selections so far.
        Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
        No
        Originally posted by vicb View Post
        What!!!!! Not this guy.
        alol.... now I kind of want to just for the heck of it!
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Are there really 25 women's teams out there that should even be in a Top 25.
          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

I think there are exactly 25 teams out there that should be in the Top 25.

Comment

Absolutely there is! Be grateful for what we have (and hope for a little more)

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymakesmebroke View Post
                Roses are red, violets are blue, in 2018 Sacred Heart becomes relevant too.

Understand they we able to bring in some very solid players off of the "late bloomers list."

Say what you want but in the big picture, you have to hope I'm right. More competition is better for everyone.

Sacred Tarts become..."relevant too"??

In what universe? They can't beat average D3 teams but now they're 'relevant' in a D1 Top-10 listing.... because they maybe picked up a few "late bloomers" off of some "list"??? lol...really, you can't make this #$%& up.

Comment

The poem was just a continuation of FiveHoleFrenzy's artistic prose, not really meant to incite. Top 10? That wasn't the point at all and I should have been clearer I suppose, but relevant was meant to say that they can at least compete. We should all want them to become relevant. Growing the game is the object and having more good teams that can compete is certainly a good thing. Do you WANT the same teams battling for the top spot every year? Who isn't rooting for Kampersal to come in and make PSU better than the 9-21 team we saw last year. Do you want an 0-28 and 5-25 Union or a 19-19 Union that competes. Love to see Brown win a few more games. I'd like to see Holy Cross come in to Hockey East and go .500, and I'd like to see SHU become relevant. They appear to be trying by bringing in players they may not have gotten in the past. Time will tell. I like to see the Appalachian States beat the Michigan's, I liked seeing the '80 USA team beat the USSR, I like to see Buster Douglas beat Mike Tyson, I like to see Donald Trump....well, let's not go there, I'd like to see SHU become relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post
                    Sacred Tarts become..."relevant too"??

In what universe? They can't beat average D3 teams but now they're 'relevant' in a D1 Top-10 listing.... because they maybe picked up a few "late bloomers" off of some "list"??? lol...really, you can't make this #$%& up.
                    Geez take a breather maybe
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                      Geez take a breather maybe

On the upside.......... IT'S GAME DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

People want to grandstand and continue to strong-arm the conversation by implying after 10 teams no one matters anymore. But when North Dakota drops their program everyone is up in arms. Growing the sport and having the PSU's and Syracuse's improve and become relevant can only make this sport stronger. So when I ask if anyone wants to start talking about the next 10 teams and get a "NO" for an answer, I guess I know what the true feeling of improving the women's game is? Too bad.

Comment

People want to grandstand and continue to strong-arm the conversation by implying after 10 teams no one matters anymore. But when North Dakota drops their program everyone is up in arms. Growing the sport and having the PSU's and Syracuse's improve and become relevant can only make this sport stronger. So when I ask if anyone wants to start talking about the next 10 teams and get a "NO" for an answer, I guess I know what the true feeling of improving the women's game is? Too bad.
                          I think you misunderstand. From my perspective, it is kind of silly for me to make some distinction between the 7th and 8th best teams in the country, much less the 17th and 18th teams. In order for me to do a Top 25, I would literally have to go look at each conference and see who was in it. I think there are others like me. PSU and Syracuse already know how to get into the discussion: win games.

Comment

In agreement with Leather Helmet that it's not really that I or others won't rank beyond the top ten, it's just hard enough for me to go much past the top four or five and have it be anything more than guess your best. It would be ideal if we could get more fans of schools like Syracuse and PSU and others to post about their favorite squads in their own threads.
                            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymakesmebroke View Post
                              The poem was just a continuation of FiveHoleFrenzy's artistic prose, not really meant to incite. Top 10? That wasn't the point at all and I should have been clearer I suppose, but relevant was meant to say that they can at least compete. We should all want them to become relevant. Growing the game is the object and having more good teams that can compete is certainly a good thing. Do you WANT the same teams battling for the top spot every year? Who isn't rooting for Kampersal to come in and make PSU better than the 9-21 team we saw last year. Do you want an 0-28 and 5-25 Union or a 19-19 Union that competes. Love to see Brown win a few more games. I'd like to see Holy Cross come in to Hockey East and go .500, and I'd like to see SHU become relevant. They appear to be trying by bringing in players they may not have gotten in the past. Time will tell. I like to see the Appalachian States beat the Michigan's, I liked seeing the '80 USA team beat the USSR, I like to see Buster Douglas beat Mike Tyson, I like to see Donald Trump....well, let's not go there, I'd like to see SHU become relevant.
                              Yeah, you took the ball and ran with it...nicely done.

CrossCheck can be a bit caustic at times just so you know.
                              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

I completely agree. Perhaps if "your" team happens to be one of the ones that is consistently battling for the top spot you do not want to see other teams start to challenge. However in the big picture the more teams that become "relevant" just helps grow the game so that hopefully what happened to North Dakota doesn't happen to another squad. I do believe that people (PSU fans or not) are rooting for Kampersal to make PSU better. Look at how great it was when Crowley turned BC around - it just keeps things interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X