UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
    Tough talk, coming from a village masquerading as a town.
    The “villagers” just dumped $6 million of economic impact into your city this week. Maybe you should sell the naming rights of your sports palace to AFN.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
      I feel like you should be thankful for the Nanook fans that come down. They are really the only reason there is any boost in attendance at the Sully.

Even $5 tickets can’t sell very well locally apparently...
      We would be thankful if Dump bear fans took their entire tribe of home less common law relatives back home with them.
      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
        Smooth comeback from a fan of a community college masquerading as a University...
        How many brand new buildings occupy our campus? If the worst comes your school is getting gutted first.
        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

I feel like you should be thankful for the Nanook fans that come down. They are really the only reason there is any boost in attendance at the Sully.

Even $5 tickets can’t sell very well locally apparently...
          You have your own attendance problems sweetie, in a "town" where your options are the dump or hockey mhm hard choice.
          Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
            The “villagers” just dumped $6 million of economic impact into your city this week. Maybe you should sell the naming rights of your sports palace to AFN.
            Is that jealousy I see? Funny how next year AFN is again in Anchorage...

Comment

How many brand new buildings occupy our campus? If the worst comes your school is getting gutted first.
              Yeah, the difference is UAF actually generates revenue.
              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Is that jealousy I see? Funny how next year AFN is again in Anchorage...
                I could care less where AFN is every year. I just enjoy pointing out the irony of it being the biggest convention revenue driver in Anchorage while you look down your nose at villages.

Comment

Maybe you should sell the naming rights of your sports palace to AFN.
                  I still detect a case of sour grapes.
                  UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

I could care less where AFN is every year. I just enjoy pointing out the irony of it being the biggest convention revenue driver in Anchorage while you look down your nose at villages.
                    No, just Fairbanks. Or your name on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                      I still detect a case of sour grapes.
                      The best thing about the UA_ campus, the turtle sculptures having sex.

Comment

Oh hey look UAA uses this fancy new fad called YouTube to post interviews with coach and sometimes players. Wonder when word will travel up via pony express.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfWK1gssEH0

Comment

You have your own attendance problems sweetie, in a "town" where your options are the dump or hockey mhm hard choice.

We have had a higher percentage of attendance than UAA pretty consistently over the years and considering the population difference, it's still sad that the Sully can't sell more when they discount the tickets so heavily.

Comment

We have had a higher percentage of attendance than UAA pretty consistently over the years and considering the population difference, it's still sad that the Sully can't sell more when they discount the tickets so heavily.
                            In a "town" with literally nothing else to do sad to see your attendance where it is at. You already know of the long laundry list of why the Sully is a ****hole. Even you would rather see a game at the AAC. Again, Anchorage is not a sports town, football was here, a dominate AA hockey team, etc.

What the hell is your town's excuse? Remember the attendance during game 7 with playoff hockey on the line.....

Comment

In a "town" with literally nothing else to do sad to see your attendance where it is at. You already know of the long laundry list of why the Sully is a ****hole. Even you would rather see a game at the AAC. Again, Anchorage is not a sports town, football was here, a dominate AA hockey team, etc.

What the hell is your town's excuse? Remember the attendance during game 7 with playoff hockey on the line.....
                              Back in 2014? Well there was the Arctic Winter Games. Was also the weekend for the start of spring break that year.

There is plenty else to do as well. Not sure why you think that. You don't have to be spending money to have a good time.
                              Last edited by UAFIceAngel; 10-20-2017, 04:55 PM.

Comment

When you exist in a plywood shack with a wood stove, no running water, and a out house with a frozen seat at -40 , as a student you look for places to keep warm. The chuckie cheese center works with the fresh cloud of wood smoke aroma over covering 4 weeks of b o, hanging out with locals in the same boat. It works in the village.........

Comment

Working...
                                X