No announcement yet.

UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    By the time I found it on Twitter, it was a bit buried by other tweets. Sorry if I inconvenienced you JJ.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
      What's _airbanks plan? ....the usual.......run him ?
      Beat him, like we’ve done the last three years already.
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
        Beat him, like we’ve done the last three years already.
        You ain't crackin 60 on his watch.
        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

No surprise to UAA fans, that Mantha was awarded WCHA Goalie of the Week.

http://www.wcha.com/men/pres1718/201710/oct9wpm.php
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

First two games of six game Governor's Cup series this weekend.
            This weekend is a non-conference match-up.
            UAF at UAA Friday night.
            UAA at UAF Saturday night.

Both teams are 0-3-1
            Both teams tied ranked teams.
            Both teams lost in OT to a top 10 team.
            I am relieved to say that both teams have had good goaltending so far.

Seawolves:
            Goals for/against: 6 / 13
            Goals for/against per game: 1.5 / 3.25
            SOGs for/against: 76 / 158
            Penalty min/game: 16.2
            Power-play %: 10.5
            Penalty kill %: 82.6

Nanooks:
            Goals for/against: 10 / 15
            Goals for/against per game: 2.5 / 3.75
            SOGs for/against: 111 / 127
            Penalty min/game: 15.5
            Power-play %: 9.5
            Penalty kill %: 75.0

Nooks Sweep!

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
              UAF at UAA Friday night.

Nooks Sweep!
              Well guess what...................... Mantha will continue...... as for the soot bear sieve...I don't think so

60 is so far away let alone 90
              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Well guess what...................... Mantha will continue...... as for the soot bear sieve...I don't think so

60 is so far away let alone 90
                He allowed an average of 3.5 goals against UAF last year. Is that good?
                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Mantha is good but historically not quite good enough to carry the whole team. He probably deserved better. Is history doomed to repeat itself? Maybe not, but probably.

Comment

Updated to show the 2016-17 non-Gov Cup game, won by UAF 4-1.

Last edited by mmf; 10-17-2017, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Updated to show the 2016-17 non-Gov Cup game, won by UAF 4-1.
                      Roll it anyway you want Hillary.

Bottom line UA_ is 30 games behind.

Comment

UAF at UAA Friday night.

Both teams are 0-3-1
                        Both teams tied ranked teams.
                        Both teams lost in OT to a top 10 team.

Seawolves:
                        Goals for/against: 6 / 13
                        Goals for/against per game: 1.5 / 3.25
                        SOGs for/against: 76 / 158
                        Penalty min/game: 16.2
                        Power-play %: 10.5
                        Penalty kill %: 82.6

Nanooks:
                        Goals for/against: 10 / 15
                        Goals for/against per game: 2.5 / 3.75
                        SOGs for/against: 111 / 127
                        Penalty min/game: 15.5
                        Power-play %: 9.5
                        Penalty kill %: 75.0

Nooks Sweep!
                        Gonna come down to special teams, our PP woke up last Saturday.
                        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Most games come down to special teams play, and were struggling right now. This weekend is as good a time as any to start turning that around.
                          I'm thinking teams need at least a combined 105 in special teams play to have a shot at hosting first round in the playoffs.

Comment

Most games come down to special teams play, and were struggling right now.
                            Talkin like a hick.

Comment

Talkin like a hick.
                              I swear that's the way the "Alaska Hockey to English" dictionary translated it.

Comment

I swear that's the way the "Alaska Hockey to English" dictionary translated it.
                                Did the New guy translate it to you in his southern prattle?

Comment

Working...
                                X