No announcement yet.

UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
    Started with Sofo, a spearing penalty when you're up by 4 goals in a clean game? Unacceptable....they didn't show either play on stretch internet so I didn't get to see them, but two majors in a game like that is ridiculous.
    Yeah, I was watching and I didn't see either penalty either. I did see Sofo get tied up in the corner with a Nanook player, but then the camera followed play away from them. Interesting that the UA_ players had NO names on their jerseys ... what is up with that? And I wonder why Rygard didn't play last night. I hope we see him and Switzer tonight. Brown can sit for all I care.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
      Yeah, I was watching and I didn't see either penalty either. I did see Sofo get tied up in the corner with a Nanook player, but then the camera followed play away from them. Interesting that the UA_ players had NO names on their jerseys ... what is up with that? And I wonder why Rygard didn't play last night. I hope we see him and Switzer tonight. Brown can sit for all I care.
      The jerseys they are wearing are throwback jerseys from the 90’s. They will be auctioned off in the next coming weeks so names would have to be removed regardless per some silly NCAA compliance. Can’t bid on an actual player. Only the number.

Comment

• Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
        The jerseys they are wearing are throwback jerseys from the 90’s. They will be auctioned off in the next coming weeks so names would have to be removed regardless per some silly NCAA compliance. Can’t bid on an actual player. Only the number.
        Yeah, I'm aware of that dumb rule. I had to sew my own name on the jersey I won years ago. UAA used to sell really nice photo buttons with players on them ... kids LOVED these. I still have a few kicking around somewhere, with Martin Bakula and Steve Bogoyevac. Per the NCAA, they can't sell these anymore.
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I didn't know that. So how do they get away raffling player jerseys off during games?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
            I didn't know that. So how do they get away raffling player jerseys off during games?
            Because it’s just the number. It could belong to the current #12 or it could be a #12 from 20 years ago. Something to do with the name. We can’t make money off of current players. It just can’t be a current player. Anytime we do fundraising like calendars they have to be past players or unrecognizable.

If you win a jersey of a current player from a normal jersey then they typically mail you the name plate after the player graduates or something like that.

Comment

Keep Thomas!

Too soon?
              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                Keep Thomas!

Too soon?
                I mean I’d prefer that

Comment

Kudos to UA_ for a classy senior night presentation. Nice touch having the players give flowers to their moms, and then having a family photo taken. UAA could learn a few things from UA_!! Seriously.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                    Kudos to UA_ for a classy senior night presentation. Nice touch having the players give flowers to their moms, and then having a family photo taken. UAA could learn a few things from UA_!! Seriously.
                    The flowers and family photo were new this year. Was nice to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                      The flowers and family photo were new this year. Was nice to see.
                      I think we’ve been doing the flowers thing in other sports for a while.
                      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

It’s a shame for UAA fans that UAA just now this weekend decided to show up and play hockey. If the Nooks had solid goaltending we would have been better this season. The way things are going now though, I don’t even want to see the outcomes from playoffs. If we can get outplayed and out scored by the Seawolves then we are in trouble.

Comment

• Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                          It’s a shame for UAA fans that UAA just now this weekend decided to show up and play hockey. If the Nooks had solid goaltending we would have been better this season. The way things are going now though, I don’t even want to see the outcomes from playoffs. If we can get outplayed and out scored by the Seawolves then we are in trouble.
                          Meh.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Called it.

Also, did our part to sweep you out of the playoffs.
                            Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                              And if our captain wasn't injured in the non-conference game and if our backup goalie wasn't injured in the green and gold game, we may have had a better season as well. UAA played some inspired hockey and some crappy hockey this season ... no consistency. They were 1/2 a second away from winning one night, and lost a lot of games by 1 goal. At least they went out on a good note. I don't think it looks good for the Nanooks going to Mankato. I'd rather not be in the playoffs then play against that team and get killed.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Yay.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X