No announcement yet.

UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

Let’s go Nooks, don’t let up. Per coach Thomas the difference in the game was that the Seawolves just didn’t get the bounces. Go into the break on a high note:...3 WCHA points and the Cup.

Comment

• Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

Originally posted by mmf View Post
      Let’s go Nooks, don’t let up. Per coach Thomas the difference in the game was that the Seawolves just didn’t get the bounces. Go into the break on a high note:...3 WCHA points and the Cup.
      The Nanooks are a very fun team to watch ... and like I said in your game thread last weekend, they are much better than their record. Losing 6 points really hurt UAA. BAD coaching once again with the mess up with pulling Mantha and having too many men on the ice. Such poor coaching.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        I’ll just quote this again. Here’s to nine years everyone!
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Nanooks win!! The streak continues, now at 9 years, and clinched before Christmas!! Great job killing time in the Seawolves zone in the last two minutes, and then a power play given to us by the multitude of players on the ice with 30 seconds left. Even better this weekend, UAF gets 6 points in the standings, much needed with each team behind us having games in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
            Nanooks win!! The streak continues, now at 9 years, and clinched before Christmas!! Great job killing time in the Seawolves zone in the last two minutes, and then a power play given to us by the multitude of players on the ice with 30 seconds left. Even better this weekend, UAF gets 6 points in the standings, much needed with each team behind us having games in hand.
            Yup, pretty much domination. But still your team had to forfeit any wins played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. So it's not exactly 9 years of legitimately winning the Cup.
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
              Yup, pretty much domination. But still your team had to forfeit any wins played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. So it's not exactly 9 years of legitimately winning the Cup.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

That is correct, not “legitimately” winning those years, just Actually winnng the cup.

Comment

9 years, and you know it. Plus, we didn’t forfeit those games.
                  “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Next year is critical. If the Seawolves can’t win the Cup next year then every year after that Seawolf fans will have to take off a shoe to count the number of consecutive losses. Sad, in many ways.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
                      Next year is critical. If the Seawolves can’t win the Cup next year then every year after that Seawolf fans will have to take off a shoe to count the number of consecutive losses. Sad, in many ways.
                      At least we have the luxury of doing that. Don't you folk lose fingers and such digging up gold up in there.
                      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                        Just used ineligible players. Doesn't matter who was at fault, they shouldn't have been on the ice.
                        So maybe if MMF had gone to UAA he'd be able to count without using his fingers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                          Just used ineligible players. Doesn't matter who was at fault, they shouldn't have been on the ice.
                          So maybe if MMF had gone to UAA he'd be able to count without using his fingers.
                          They're just mad they got made an example of, for cheating.

And don't forget all the years UAA bent over and allowed shootouts to determine the champ. Illegetimate to the T.
                          Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                            Straight from the Horse's A**........ I mean the Bears Butt

The Alaska Nanooks hockey team captured their fifth-straight Alaska Airlines Governor's Cup and completed a Western Collegiate Hockey Association sweep over in-state rival Alaska Anchorage on Saturday night, as the Nooks topped the Seawolves 3-2 at the Sullivan Arena. The victory improves Alaska's overall record to 7-11-2 overall and 5-8-1-1 in conference play, while the Seawolves drop to 1-11-4 on the season and 1-6-3-3 in WCHA contests.

The Nanooks earn six WCHA points in this weekend's sweep, remaining in seventh place in the conference standings with 17 points through 14 league games.

This season, the coveted Alaska Airlines Governor's Cup was to be determined by a best-of-six series with the Seawolves but the Nooks clinch their fifth-straight cup by defeating UAA for the fourth time this season on Saturday. Alaska will face the Seawolves twice more this season, hosting UAA in a two-game WCHA series Feb. 23 and 24 at the Carlson Center.

The Nanooks now hold a 13-8 all-time record over UAA in the Alaska Airlines Governor's Cup, winning consecutive titles in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and now 2018 but were forced to vacate the 2010, 2011 and 2012 titles due to NCAA infractions sanctioned prior to the 2014-15 season.

Bad Tattoos and Cheaters are forever..........

But nobody got fired, some got promoted, some retired with Honors . So I guess nothing really happened in the villagers bleary wood smoke filled eye's.
                            Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 12-10-2017, 02:19 PM.
                            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                              Semantics. Ok, you didn't forfeit the cup to UAA - in that UAA didn't win it, but neither did you, because on the books all of your wins and ties are now LOSSES.
                              Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses.
                              Last edited by Suze; 12-10-2017, 05:00 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Here are the Seawolf fans, trying to make themselves feel better. Thinking about the 3 years the NCAA took away some wins, as if we haven’t won 6 more cups after that and have gone 13-1-1 in the last 15 games. Do I wish uaa was better? Of course! What fun is it to beat the last place team, and in terms of the pairwise, worst in the country.

Comment

Working...
                                X