UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Looks like you and I made a good choice.
    I am just tired of losing... and UAA will not do anything different to make any changes. Year-after-year is status quo. I am beginning to believe Richard Rynner...

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
      I am just tired of losing... and UAA will not do anything different to make any changes. Year-after-year is status quo. I am beginning to believe Richard Rynner...
      Heck...I’m almost tired of you guys losing too. Need both programs to do well if we want to keep D1 hockey in Alaska. As long as we do better, I’d be happy if UAA won a few games. Just not against us...

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
        Yes, the shots were one sided, but your shot keeper also did a very poor job. Either that, or Bruce doesn't recognize a SOG when he sees one. Because what he called a shot by UAA wasn't always recorded as such by your shot counter.
        Don’t need a shot keeper to notice how often UAA failed to clear the puck many times.

I wish UAA fans would stop fighting with each other, it takes away from the fun that comes from bickering between Nanook and Seawolf fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
          Heck...I’m almost tired of you guys losing too. Need both programs to do well if we want to keep D1 hockey in Alaska. As long as we do better, I’d be happy if UAA won a few games. Just not against us...
          This is a point that can’t be emphasized enough. Both these programs need to figure out how to win, sooner than later. As wide open as the WCHA is, it’s doable. I can’t speak for UAA, but I think the budget issue has set UAF back to the pre-Ferg days.
          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
            This is a point that can’t be emphasized enough. Both these programs need to figure out how to win, sooner than later. As wide open as the WCHA is, it’s doable. I can’t speak for UAA, but I think the budget issue has set UAF back to the pre-Ferg days.
            Same results, newish: locker room, a practice rink which is better than the Sully, their own weight room beside the rink.

The Sully draining money is our biggest problem, with the city on the hook for only deficits (gasp they share the revenue with SMG for profits, good job bending over) the table for culling the arena is only gonna increase. Sully has already or is recieving turf for high school soccer. Only makes sense to switch to soccer while elimnating the high cost of travel from the hockey team. But who knows, UAA is ***-backwards 101, still spending money on putting year round Christmas string lights over the student housing paths.
            Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              If I had a dollar for every time you complained about shot counts I could retire...
              Yeah, yeah, yeah.
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                The circle of 12 at puzzle palace has no clue nor cares because they are celebrating. ......

UA_ 100 years of tradition unhampered by progress.
                Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 10-22-2017, 05:06 PM.
                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  If I had a dollar for every time you complained about shot counts I could retire...

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  Yeah, yeah, yeah.
                  I smell a purse fight..........
                  UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
                    Nooks win game two of the Governor's Cup 3-2. Mantha once again kept the score close in a game completely dominated by the Nooks.
                    It was fitting that in the pre-game a young man played both the Alaska Flag Song and the National Anthem on the violin…he should have also played The Rains of Castamere.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygcff7xaZfk

Sweet meme bro. Is that all it takes to pick up babes up north?
                    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post

It was fitting that in the pre-game a young man played both the Alaska Flag Song and the National Anthem on the violin…he should have also played The Rains of Castamere.
                      He quit while he was ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                        I smell a purse fight..........
                        HA! But my purse is bigger ... at least I think it is.

Someone do the corsi stats with the shots. Thomas always turns lemons into lemonade with the Corsi Close stats.
                        Last edited by Suze; 10-22-2017, 08:56 PM.
                        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                          Five years back we made it to the final 5 and had a decent season, thanks to the leadership/coaching of Matt Bailey. We only lost one D man and 2 forwards, why could this coach not build from that?

Comment

• Originally posted by USCH1 View Post
                            Five years back we made it to the final 5 and had a decent season, thanks to the leadership/coaching of Matt Bailey. We only lost one D man and 2 forwards, why could this coach not build from that?
                            We have only been good with a good/elite scorer carrying the team ie Curtis Glencross & Matt Bailey.

I am thankful we have been blessed with solid goaltending from the likes of Naumenko, King/Reiter, Lawson, Christensen, Gundy/Kamal, and Mantha.
                            Last edited by AKSWF; 10-24-2017, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                              We have only been good with a good/elite scorer carrying the team ie Curtis Glencross & Matt Bailey.

I am thankful we have been blessed with solid goaltending from the likes of Naumenko, King/Reiter, Lawson, Christensen, Gundy/Kamal, and Mantha.
                              UAA has enough talent to be more competitive than they have been. On paper, they have recruited several freshmen who are proven scorers. As soon as they adjust to the college level, I would hope we see more pucks being put in the net. At some point, however, you have to look at the coach and determine if he is capable of getting the job done. I realize with all the budget cuts, it's been more of a challenge to recruit players, but UA_ is dealing with the same issues and they are putting a better team on the ice. Heck, if they can do it, we can do it. Anchorage should be a much more desirable place to recruit to than frigid Fairbanks. I know junior players who have been up there and they absolutely hated it.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                                UAA has enough talent to be more competitive than they have been. On paper, they have recruited several freshmen who are proven scorers. As soon as they adjust to the college level, I would hope we see more pucks being put in the net. At some point, however, you have to look at the coach and determine if he is capable of getting the job done. I realize with all the budget cuts, it's been more of a challenge to recruit players, but UA_ is dealing with the same issues and they are putting a better team on the ice. Heck, if they can do it, we can do it. Anchorage should be a much more desirable place to recruit to than frigid Fairbanks. I know junior players who have been up there and they absolutely hated it.
                                Your hubris toward UAF and Fairbanks is emblematic of UAA’s general attitude toward its elder sibling and northern neighbor, which is part of your problem. Until you recognize what you are competing against, not just against UAF but against the WCHA as a whole, the “but we’re Anchorage and they’re not” argument is going to continue to let you down.

The other part of your problem is that UAA is a basketball school. Strategic Pathways emphatically proved that.

Those two issues are, in a nutshell, why UAA can’t, or perhaps more accurately won’t, figure out hockey.

Matt Thomas seems like a good guy and a good coach, but (and I’ve said this before) I don’t think he’s the right coach for UAA. It’s unfortunate for him and his family but I can’t fathom UAA renewing his contract when it is up (and I think it’s up after this year, isn’t it?). The results on the ice just simply aren’t there, especially for what UAA is paying him.

And for the record, I want UAA to succeed in hockey except when you play us. We’re in this dinghy together, like it or not.
                                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Working...
                                X