Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arizona State Sun Devils 2017-18 -- Year Three!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Arizona State Sun Devils 2017-18 -- Year Three!

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Just ignore him, I was never one to ignore members but he was the first and my life is better.
    Yet you can see this comment. Typical minnesota resident.
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

I know this is last year's thread...

I would be wary if I had to play this team. They've been deceptively good thus far, even pulling off that split vs. Penn State (and with goal differential a true split). Could ASU be getting their first top 20 rank?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        I know this is last year's thread...

I would be wary if I had to play this team. They've been deceptively good thus far, even pulling off that split vs. Penn State (and with goal differential a true split). Could ASU be getting their first top 20 rank?
        Nah, we are just that team that can't recruit to the crappy building with no conference and a club coach ...

Comment

Originally posted by Revs89.2 View Post
          Nah, we are just that team that can't recruit to the crappy building with no conference and a club coach ...
          One away, though. A strong showing against Sparty should do it.

As for the conference, hopefully another western team comes knocking, because it looks like proximity pairs are what conferences are looking for.

Comment

Got a chance to see most of the 3rd, great showing and good control of the play. Assuming you don't get completely blown out tomorrow, you really should get your first poll ranking at the end of the weekend.

Comment

Got a chance to see most of the 3rd, great showing and good control of the play. Assuming you don't get completely blown out tomorrow, you really should get your first poll ranking at the end of the weekend.
              Thanks, Flag. Not one of our better games to be honest. We were sloppy with the puck. But a win is a win!

Comment

Originally posted by Revs89.2 View Post
                Thanks, Flag. Not one of our better games to be honest. We were sloppy with the puck. But a win is a win!
                Got to hand it to the home team, certainly stepped it up a notch on Saturday and took it to MSU. The score didn't indicate how one-sided it was. Aside from 2nd chances, I was happy for our goalie play but nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                  Got to hand it to the home team, certainly stepped it up a notch on Saturday and took it to MSU. The score didn't indicate how one-sided it was. Aside from 2nd chances, I was happy for our goalie play but nothing else.
                  We certainly played better Saturday night. Friday was a sloppy game for us, so it was nice to see them clean it up defensively Saturday. We didn't finish our chances on Saturday, but lots to like about this squad. And nice to see a Top-20 ranking for the first time in program history. Three straight weeks on the road, with a bye week mixed in.

Comment

I missed the article from a couple weeks ago...looks like the arena won't open until 2021 now? Da fuq guys??

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
                      I missed the article from a couple weeks ago...looks like the arena won't open until 2021 now? Da fuq guys??
                      Yes, it looks like that is the case. Coach was on a recent USCHO podcast and discussed it. The project is not just the arena, it is 3-pronged project, which also includes the basketball arena upgrade and the practice hockey sheet. Work is expected to begin in 2019 as all three will be done together by the same company. Frustrating, but we are progressing as a program quite nicely even without it.

Comment

The TMQ was talking a bit about ASU... This team is for real. https://www.uscho.com/2019/02/19/tmq...ls-threatened/

I still don't foresee a conference entry without another close-proximity western team, perhaps a UNLV if the rumblings mean anything, maybe something in SoCal but everyone's tight-lipped. And as much as ASU is doing very well this year, who knows how long it can be kept up without the fiscal-sharing advantages of a league.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          The TMQ was talking a bit about ASU... This team is for real. https://www.uscho.com/2019/02/19/tmq...ls-threatened/

I still don't foresee a conference entry without another close-proximity western team, perhaps a UNLV if the rumblings mean anything, maybe something in SoCal but everyone's tight-lipped. And as much as ASU is doing very well this year, who knows how long it can be kept up without the fiscal-sharing advantages of a league.
                          Maybe UCLA-they played ASU a few times and a bunch of USC games. Maybe ASU with another team (AFA) or I’d like Mankato could join the NCHC or something but in reality I think conferences would need another reorganization to make room for new teams
                          Last edited by UMD21; 02-19-2019, 02:13 PM.
                          I wanna go fast!

Comment

Just give Northern Arizona and US International a call.

(In trying remember US Int’l, I found their Wikipedia page and discovered that they didn’t just drop hockey, they dropped all athletics a decade ago)
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

There is nothing close from another P12 school. Down the road, maybe. But nothing is imminent. I saw a few other comments about fiscal type issues. I don't think the program is having any problems in this area and once the arena and second sheet are built will be a money generator for the school.

Things are going well and fingers crossed, we will be in the tourney this year.

Here was a great piece that was aired on NBC Sports this weekend.

https://twitter.com/NHLonNBCSports/s...87989208772608

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                                Maybe UCLA-they played ASU a few times and a bunch of USC games. Maybe ASU with another team (AFA) or I’d like Mankato could join the NCHC or something but in reality I think conferences would need another reorganization to make room for new teams
                                I don't think AFA or Mankato. I'm more thinking about the strategy that NCHC and WCHA have used to get two teams relatively close in proximity for the final weekend of the regular season. Phoenix and Colorado Springs are 800 miles away, and I don't think that will do. Vegas is at least a bus trip away, as is LA (albeit tight-lipped).

The one thing that's really in ASU's favor, though, is that there are three league with an odd number of teams. Plenty of bye weeks available to play additional games and have a complete season.

Comment

Working...
                                X