Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arizona State Sun Devils 2017-18 -- Year Three!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arizona State Sun Devils 2017-18 -- Year Three!

I really wish I could have made it out to Vegas for this series. Although I'm not sure I could have stomached Fridays loss. .

Those Black jerseys are amazing. How does the team do game works, as I'd like to get my hands on one of them.

Good luck to your team and hopefully ASU makes a trip to NMU. I've rooted for them to do well since making the move to D1. Just not as well as they did against my team.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      I really wish I could have made it out to Vegas for this series. Although I'm not sure I could have stomached Fridays loss. .

Those Black jerseys are amazing. How does the team do game works, as I'd like to get my hands on one of them.

Good luck to your team and hopefully ASU makes a trip to NMU. I've rooted for them to do well since making the move to D1. Just not as well as they did against my team.
      The boys really played hard this weekend. But you guys were flying in that second period. I think it was like 20-6 in shots. The key was our ability to score on that 5-on-3 to start the third. You almost had it killed as we scored with 1 second left on the first penalty and there was only 15 left on the second. That seemed to change the momentum back to us. You had some cool fans at the game as well. Like Tech, they were fun to chat with.

The black jerseys do pop! I have the white one and my daughter has the black one. But on the ice with the gold helmets the blacks look amazing. I hope we keep this look, but it has been the same for three years, so guessing they mix in a maroon and the old Sparky logo at some point. The team shop at Oceanside Ice Arena (where we play most of our games) has them on sale for $96. I think they ship, but let me know if you need some help picking one up. I can always pick it up and ship it out if that is easier. Adidas has started to make some nice hockey apparel for us.

We season ticket holders were shared some of the opponents for next year before the season, but I didn't hear NMU on there. But it was by no means the complete schedule and I heard very little on the away games outside of three return trips.

WCHA is a fun watch this year. Tournament is going to be crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by denver View Post
        Congrats on the BIG weekend Coach P, you must be so proud of yourself for all of your accomplishments!

I have a few of questions I was hoping you could truthfully answer;

1. What's the latest update on the new Arena? All we keep hearing from you is that there will be an announcement coming soon? Can you give us an idea when you will be making this BIG announcement?

2. How many of your top recruits from last year have de-committed ASU thus far?

3. Which Conference will ASU be joining now that you are personally responsible for eliminating initial failed attempts with your arrogance?

It appears that you have the same fate for some of your future Seniors that gave you everything they had and more the past 3 years as you have done to the many that didn't get to see their Senior year in a Devil jersey. The AD has had a busy last few weeks from visiting players calling you out for what you are and your response had to be the best ever in Pittsburgh - a class act, you're NOT!

By all accounts your rookie sensation Bobby Orr now has more goals and first assists for the opposing teams than he does for the Devils and it would be double if it wasn't for Dac saving his bacon every game. Yet you continue to preach your Rookie Phenom sensation as the next Norris Trophy winner and laugh at your upper class men who have to sit out and watch Bobby Orr show them how to play your game(s). The best part of your circus act is how you continue to coach Bobby's brilliant mistakes game after game. Bobby makes a mistake, comes to the bench and he proceeds to yell at one of his veteran players for not being in front of the player who intercepted his pass and you supporting him by yelling at your veterans like a DIMWIT. Seriously, what type of coach does this? I can think of only one in my entire lifetime.

Your veteran players are playing for their own pride and dignity at this point and would have all walked off your circus if it was that easy. Sadly, your reputation has caught up with you and is starting to get the exposure it so deserves.

"Without a doubt", you're in way over your head at this level Coach P
        3 year parent of this program and a few of us parents were getting a chuckle in Vegas about "Denver" and who he really is. What I can say without embarrassing his son who used to play for ASU is he is an angry, resentful, bad parent who is bitter at everyone at ASU (especially Greg) for his son simply not following University policy and getting dismissed for it. Does the Coach do everything right? Hell no...but what Coach does? I can say I am very proud and honoured that my son plays for ASU and Greg has matured my son immensely since the day he arrived in Tempe. There are always unhappy parents on every team but I can whole-heartedly say on this team the majority love the Coach and what he does for our boys and how he treats them. We don't miss "Denver's" negativeaty either, not one bit. Take your crap somewhere else. Why hasn't another team picked up your boy btw? Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Still shaking off Vegas. Congrats on being tournament champs. Came out of the gate flying against my Cats. Best of luck, and skill, the rest of the season.
          "I find that the most trouble encountered with quotes on the internet is figuring out their authenticity"
          -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaCat View Post
            Still shaking off Vegas. Congrats on being tournament champs. Came out of the gate flying against my Cats. Best of luck, and skill, the rest of the season.
            Thanks, Florida. As I mentioned before, you guys took the play to us in that second. You have some nice players. Looks like you have a nice stretch coming up where you could collect a nice chunk of wins. Good luck securing a home playoff spot!

Comment

Congratulations to ASU on the win tonight. The Sun Devils were the better team and deserved the win. Good luck the rest of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                Congratulations to ASU on the win tonight. The Sun Devils were the better team and deserved the win. Good luck the rest of the way.
                Thanks boblav! Easily the most complete game I have ever seen them play and probably the best in school history. It has been an encouraging few weeks for us. Hopefully we can keep it going next week at Q'Piac. Best of luck to your boys the rest of the way out!

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestDevil View Post
                  3 year parent of this program and a few of us parents were getting a chuckle in Vegas about "Denver" and who he really is. What I can say without embarrassing his son who used to play for ASU is he is an angry, resentful, bad parent who is bitter at everyone at ASU (especially Greg) for his son simply not following University policy and getting dismissed for it. Does the Coach do everything right? Hell no...but what Coach does? I can say I am very proud and honoured that my son plays for ASU and Greg has matured my son immensely since the day he arrived in Tempe. There are always unhappy parents on every team but I can whole-heartedly say on this team the majority love the Coach and what he does for our boys and how he treats them. We don't miss "Denver's" negativeaty either, not one bit. Take your crap somewhere else. Why hasn't another team picked up your boy btw? Hmmmmmmmmmmm
                  I call Bull**** on your rubbish post Coach P! Oh, wait..., you must be the "proud and honoured" parent of the boy who got CUT yesterday for no reason. Feel free to share your reasoning for letting a player with absolutely no history of any "negateveaty" go. If in fact you are a "proud parent", you should have major concerns about an unqualified Coach doing the same thing to your child as he's done to other(s). If you cannot respond accordingly with an intelligent response, it will prove you are in fact Coach P and a lying sack of poop, nothing else.

"I can whole-heartedly say on this team the majority love the Coach and what he does for our boys and how he treats them." would have almost believed this was Bobby Orr's daddy but nah, it's most definitely Coach P coming out of another cocoon shell, hoping to FOOL a few more potential recruits and AD.

Comment

Originally posted by denver View Post
                    I call Bull**** on your rubbish post Coach P! Oh, wait..., you must be the "proud and honoured" parent of the boy who got CUT yesterday for no reason. Feel free to share your reasoning for letting a player with absolutely no history of any "negateveaty" go. If in fact you are a "proud parent", you should have major concerns about an unqualified Coach doing the same thing to your child as he's done to other(s). If you cannot respond accordingly with an intelligent response, it will prove you are in fact Coach P and a lying sack of poop, nothing else.

"I can whole-heartedly say on this team the majority love the Coach and what he does for our boys and how he treats them." would have almost believed this was Bobby Orr's daddy but nah, it's most definitely Coach P coming out of another cocoon shell, hoping to FOOL a few more potential recruits and AD.
                    If you’ve never been in the dressing room, then you have no idea why the kid is no longer playing. In any good organization, what goes in the room, stays in the room. It’s really none of your business, unless it’s your kid. Then you can simply ask him.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                      If you’ve never been in the dressing room, then you have no idea why the kid is no longer playing. In any good organization, what goes in the room, stays in the room. It’s really none of your business, unless it’s your kid. Then you can simply ask him.

Glass half full, DavyD, at least I'm finally off the hook!

Comment

Originally posted by Revs89.2 View Post
                        Glass half full, DavyD, at least I'm finally off the hook!
                        Or he thinks both of you are the coach and are just trying to throw him off.
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

I am Spartacus.
                          Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                            Or he thinks both of you are the coach and are just trying to throw him off.
                            I actually was expecting him to say that. But you think me posting a tweet with my picture might quiet his noise? Then again, if you venture over to the UML board you will see I met up with "Go UML" this past weekend -- in person. Haha. Like I have said before, not every program is for every kid, in any sport. If he is indeed a parent of a former player as some think, then I certainly understand the paternal instinct to protect. But airing it out here is a fruitless endeavor.

Comment

something must be said about denvers comments though... you cant just dismiss them. all the claims are very true. if revs is just a superfan keyboard warrior thats ok but western if someone is saying these things about your kids school wouldnt you naturally be concernd? even if the waters are clear now what happens when they turn rough and greg powers doesnt like him? makes you wonder how much you have to turn a blind eye to see the deceit in front of you from section 2D. poof gone like the kid that was released yesterday... but someone has to speak for the kids right? regular line-up guy just told to go home and was dismissed. he did not violate any team or university rules and was told if he had questions to take it up with the Athletic Director office, not powers himself. Lets take another look at second year recruit Jakob Romo, which im sure nobody knows about. was expected to play halfway through hybrid season, however powers changed his mind and sent threatening messages towards the player to sway him away from coming. That was handled by the admin office by awarding romo partial scholarship to silent. there are 4 laundry lists full of kids lied to. Or maybe ignorace is bliss and you keep buying what Powers is selling. Its probably hard for players to listen to a coach that has a worse playing resume than most of the players peewee coaches. why would 2 hometown guys decommit? something smells fishy ...

Comment

Originally posted by Cwalkhockey View Post
                                something must be said about denvers comments though... you cant just dismiss them. all the claims are very true. if revs is just a superfan keyboard warrior thats ok but western if someone is saying these things about your kids school wouldnt you naturally be concernd? even if the waters are clear now what happens when they turn rough and greg powers doesnt like him? makes you wonder how much you have to turn a blind eye to see the deceit in front of you from section 2D. poof gone like the kid that was released yesterday... but someone has to speak for the kids right? regular line-up guy just told to go home and was dismissed. he did not violate any team or university rules and was told if he had questions to take it up with the Athletic Director office, not powers himself. Lets take another look at second year recruit Jakob Romo, which im sure nobody knows about. was expected to play halfway through hybrid season, however powers changed his mind and sent threatening messages towards the player to sway him away from coming. That was handled by the admin office by awarding romo partial scholarship to silent. there are 4 laundry lists full of kids lied to. Or maybe ignorace is bliss and you keep buying what Powers is selling. Its probably hard for players to listen to a coach that has a worse playing resume than most of the players peewee coaches. why would 2 hometown guys decommit? something smells fishy ...
                                I kind of got the gut feeling that Powers was hired as a place holder. Someone to get the program started, get the rink issue taken care of, etc. I am pretty sure his lack of top level experience either as a head or assistant coach and recruiter has been used against him.

I would not be surprised that when an arena announcement comes, that a conference affiliation and a “name” coach are soon to follow.

Comment

Working...
                                X