Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arizona State Sun Devils 2017-18 -- Year Three!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arizona State Sun Devils 2017-18 -- Year Three!

So what do we have to look forward to this weekend? I'm actually somewhat nervous that we might drop a game. We're basically done until the playoffs now. We've secured home ice for our conference tourney and we can't catch the #2 seed as we're finished. Minny is 5 points behind is and we own the tie-breaker with them so they need to sweep all 6 points from PSU at their place this weekend.

Sorry I'm not that up on your team but why should I be? Who should I look out for on your team? Who are your scoring threats? Who are your enforcers? What's your goalie situation like? How do you view your team this year? What do you think will be the result?
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      All I really take issue with is the comment that Powers wasn't surprised it was "That Guy" because I've talked to alot of people about Shawhan and no one has ever said anything that would give me the sense that anyone else feels that way about our coach.
      I have no idea what or if there is something there between the two. But in the heat of the moment, sometimes things are said. I know have said things that later I know could have been better left unsaid. It was unfortunate, but overall a fun and competitive weekend. But being around this program I have enjoyed what coach has done for this program. He has done a great job reaching out to the community and our students. This is not a college hockey town, yet, but coach has gone above and beyond to grow our program. I like our future with him at the helm.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey John View Post
        Some Michigan Tech fans will never admit that their team can do anything wrong. Their comments about your coach is blaming him for the mess at the end of the game. I did not see a good view of what happened so I am not laying blame on either team for what happened. At the end of a recent Bowling Green 7 -2 win, Tech had two players chase down two of our seniors to provoke a fight. One Tech player was cross checking our player down the ice and when he didn't drop the gloves, another Tech player started punching another of our seniors. Most of their fan base blamed BG for the problems. They always see things through Tech glasses.

Good luck to your program. We need to continue to grow college hockey.
        Thanks, Hockey John. Best of luck in the playoffs! Enjoyed meeting your NCAA Championship goalie last weekend. Great guy!

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
          So what do we have to look forward to this weekend? I'm actually somewhat nervous that we might drop a game. We're basically done until the playoffs now. We've secured home ice for our conference tourney and we can't catch the #2 seed as we're finished. Minny is 5 points behind is and we own the tie-breaker with them so they need to sweep all 6 points from PSU at their place this weekend.

Sorry I'm not that up on your team but why should I be? Who should I look out for on your team? Who are your scoring threats? Who are your enforcers? What's your goalie situation like? How do you view your team this year? What do you think will be the result?
          We have an outstanding sophomore goalie (Daccord). When he is on, he is tough to beat. He has kept us in many a game. Our freshman winger Johnny Walker (yes that is his real name) is third among all NCAA frosh with 13 goals. We have a d-man, Brinson Pasichnuk, that is flat gifted with the puck. He will play 30 minutes and probably the best overall player on our squad. As far as enforcers, well we play heavy. We have a very big team and try to use that size to our advantage. We are gritty and with the exception of a few games, don't go away. Hard to make a prediction, especially with you all coming off that great sweep of ND. I know pairwise is huge for you right now, so you can't afford a loss. Biggest key for us will be getting a lead. We play well in front. Hoping we can take one, but know being our final weekend, they will leave everything on the ice. I bummed I see there is no video coverage for these games. First time I have not had video all season.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey John View Post
            Some Michigan Tech fans will never admit that their team can do anything wrong. Their comments about your coach is blaming him for the mess at the end of the game. I did not see a good view of what happened so I am not laying blame on either team for what happened. At the end of a recent Bowling Green 7 -2 win, Tech had two players chase down two of our seniors to provoke a fight. One Tech player was cross checking our player down the ice and when he didn't drop the gloves, another Tech player started punching another of our seniors. Most of their fan base blamed BG for the problems. They always see things through Tech glasses.

Good luck to your program. We need to continue to grow college hockey.
            May be, but that's a very BG point of view which allows no room for responsibility on your team's part. But yes you're right as far as it goes.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
              May be, but that's a very BG point of view which allows no room for responsibility on your team's part. But yes you're right as far as it goes.
              So basically we've established Tech, BG and ASU fans are like every team's fans ever. Their teams do nothing wrong and it's always the other team.
              Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                So basically we've established Tech, BG and ASU fans are like every team's fans ever. Their teams do nothing wrong and it's always the other team.
                yep. As revs said elsewhere, there are two sides to every story, and we don't all have both of those sides.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Revs89.2 View Post
                  We have an outstanding sophomore goalie (Daccord). When he is on, he is tough to beat. He has kept us in many a game. Our freshman winger Johnny Walker (yes that is his real name) is third among all NCAA frosh with 13 goals. We have a d-man, Brinson Pasichnuk, that is flat gifted with the puck. He will play 30 minutes and probably the best overall player on our squad. As far as enforcers, well we play heavy. We have a very big team and try to use that size to our advantage. We are gritty and with the exception of a few games, don't go away. Hard to make a prediction, especially with you all coming off that great sweep of ND. I know pairwise is huge for you right now, so you can't afford a loss. Biggest key for us will be getting a lead. We play well in front. Hoping we can take one, but know being our final weekend, they will leave everything on the ice. I bummed I see there is no video coverage for these games. First time I have not had video all season.
                  Check back here on game day (http://mgoblue.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhockey). No guarantee but maybe the students will decide to stream it. I kinda doubt but when you're 2,000 miles away that's all you got.
                  I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by manurespreader View Post
                    If you have ever read anything on the Michigan Tech thread you'll find that Tech fans truly believe their guys skate around in white hats and white capes on the ice doing only good deeds wherever they go and when they are not on the ice they are saving stray animals and helping old ladies.......

Some serious Gold colored glasses over there.

They had an issue with Ferris St. the weekend before their series with BG. Funny thing is BG has had no problems in the series before Tech or after.........hmmm... there's only one common denominator here and its not BG or ASU ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by bravohankins View Post
                      If you have ever read anything on the Michigan Tech thread you'll find that Tech fans truly believe their guys skate around in white hats and white capes on the ice doing only good deeds wherever they go and when they are not on the ice they are saving stray animals and helping old ladies...¯
                      We believe it because it's true!

A dozen opinions on this website do not speak for 100% of the fanbase, but ASU (namely the coach) probably isn't popular in Houghton right this minute. The bush league comment wasn't smart but Powers will figure that out in time.

Good luck with Michigan. I actually hope your team smokes them.

Comment

• Re: Arizona State Sun Devils 2017-18 -- Year Three!

Does anyone know when and where your Desert Hockey Classic is next year? The first two were New Years and Jan 8-10.. just curious as Minnesota State will be participating in next season’s tournament.

Thanks in advance.
                        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by bravohankins View Post
                          If you have ever read anything on the Michigan Tech thread you'll find that Tech fans truly believe their guys skate around in white hats and white capes
                          Kind of like Klansmen?

https://goo.gl/images/6nCaAx

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                            Does anyone know when and where your Desert Hockey Classic is next year? The first two were New Years and Jan 8-10.. just curious as Minnesota State will be participating in next season’s tournament.

Thanks in advance.
                            Haven't heard. One year it was in Glendale at Gila River (Coyotes home) and one year in Prescott Valley (about 90 minutes north of Phoenix in a 5k seat arena). I would imagine it will all depend on the Coyotes home schedule. If GR isn't available it would be at Oceanside.

Comment

• Originally posted by Revs89.2 View Post
                              Haven't heard. One year it was in Glendale at Gila River (Coyotes home) and one year in Prescott Valley (about 90 minutes north of Phoenix in a 5k seat arena). I would imagine it will all depend on the Coyotes home schedule. If GR isn't available it would be at Oceanside.
                              Please no Prescott. I think there’ll be a good crowd of Maverick fans coming down if they can enjoy the sunshine and warmth.
                              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                                Please no Prescott. I think there’ll be a good crowd of Maverick fans coming down if they can enjoy the sunshine and warmth.
                                It's awesome you guys will be here. Hadn't heard that yet, thanks for the info. Maybe we can still be partners and move to the NCHC together?

Comment

Working...
                                X