Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arizona State Sun Devils 2017-18 -- Year Three!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arizona State Sun Devils 2017-18 -- Year Three!

Here we go! I know many have been looking for a true tangible piece of movement on our building. This is a huge step. The Arizona Board of Regents oversees the three public universities in the state. This paves the way for the projects to begin, pending their approval.

http://arizonasports.com/story/13920...on-tap-at-asu/
    Last edited by Revs89.2; 01-24-2018, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Revs89.2 View Post
      Here we go! I know many have been looking for a true tangible piece of movement on our building. This is a huge step. The Arizona Board of Regents oversees the three public universities in the state. This paves the way for the projects to begin, pending their approval.

http://arizonasports.com/story/13920...on-tap-at-asu/
      A follow up to the above ... today the ABOR Business and Finance Committee unanimously approved the plan and it will now go to the the full board for their approval in February.

Comment

Flo Hockey created a short documentary on ASU hockey. They did a nice job with the piece. Link below for those interested.

https://www.flohockey.tv/video/60974...n-devil-hockey

Comment

The new hockey arena has been fully approved by the ABOR! The project tis now free to move forward. Expect ASU to come out shortly with the drawings, timetable etc. But great news in Tempe!

https://arizonasports.com/story/1408...-hockey-home/?

Comment

The new hockey arena has been fully approved by the ABOR! The project tis now free to move forward. Expect ASU to come out shortly with the drawings, timetable etc. But great news in Tempe!

https://arizonasports.com/story/1408...-hockey-home/?
            Great news!! Congrats to ASU.

Comment

That's great news for college hockey.

Comment

Congratulations on a Division I Arena. Now maybe getting a Division I Coaching staff should be on the agenda. Hicks and Powers were embarrassing at Michigan Tech, both in their actions and in their post game comments.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
                  Congratulations on a Division I Arena. Now maybe getting a Division I Coaching staff should be on the agenda. Hicks and Powers were embarrassing at Michigan Tech, both in their actions and in their post game comments.
                  Please elaborate or provide a link. Hicks is qualified to be in an assistant position at a D1 school. Powers however... I just find it hard to believe they conducted a legit nationwide search for a D1 coach and decided the most qualified guy happened to be their former club goalie and coach. Maybe he is though, never met the guy...

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                    Please elaborate or provide a link. Hicks is qualified to be in an assistant position at a D1 school. Powers however... I just find it hard to believe they conducted a legit nationwide search for a D1 coach and decided the most qualified guy happened to be their former club goalie and coach. Maybe he is though, never met the guy...
                    One thing I do know, is no one was more familiar with the program than Powers, that’s for sure.
                    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                      One thing I do know, is no one was more familiar with the program than Powers, that’s for sure.
                      I’m sure he has a deep connection and affection for ASU’s club hockey program and history. ASU is still fielding a D1 ACHA team, correct?

Comment

Crazy the amount of questions we get around our head coach. Linked is press conference for when we started the program and how it came to fruition. I think it will better explain why Powers is here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YUCwxo9Fbk

Each year we have made steps forward and each year our talent on the ice gets better. This has happened playing in a very subpar building and as an independent. As a fan of this program, season ticket holder and booster, I am thrilled with our trajectory and fully support our coaches and administration. I look forward to seeing what next year will bring and am confident we will continue to make steps forward as we become one step closer to be in our new building, which will be a game changer for our program.

Comment

Has there been any statement or comments from ASU related to the end of Saturday's game? I haven't seen or heard anything?
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            Has there been any statement or comments from ASU related to the end of Saturday's game? I haven't seen or heard anything?
                            Yes, our coach spoke about it today with a local website that covers hockey in Phoenix, Tucson and Vegas. Talks about the Tech trip in the beginning and addresses the postgame stuff specifically in the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE20w5tN_yU

Comment

Crazy the amount of questions we get around our head coach. Linked is press conference for when we started the program and how it came to fruition. I think it will better explain why Powers is here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YUCwxo9Fbk

Each year we have made steps forward and each year our talent on the ice gets better. This has happened playing in a very subpar building and as an independent. As a fan of this program, season ticket holder and booster, I am thrilled with our trajectory and fully support our coaches and administration. I look forward to seeing what next year will bring and am confident we will continue to make steps forward as we become one step closer to be in our new building, which will be a game changer for our program.
                              Some Michigan Tech fans will never admit that their team can do anything wrong. Their comments about your coach is blaming him for the mess at the end of the game. I did not see a good view of what happened so I am not laying blame on either team for what happened. At the end of a recent Bowling Green 7 -2 win, Tech had two players chase down two of our seniors to provoke a fight. One Tech player was cross checking our player down the ice and when he didn't drop the gloves, another Tech player started punching another of our seniors. Most of their fan base blamed BG for the problems. They always see things through Tech glasses.

Good luck to your program. We need to continue to grow college hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey John View Post
                                Some Michigan Tech fans will never admit that their team can do anything wrong. Their comments about your coach is blaming him for the mess at the end of the game. I did not see a good view of what happened so I am not laying blame on either team for what happened. At the end of a recent Bowling Green 7 -2 win, Tech had two players chase down two of our seniors to provoke a fight. One Tech player was cross checking our player down the ice and when he didn't drop the gloves, another Tech player started punching another of our seniors. Most of their fan base blamed BG for the problems. They always see things through Tech glasses.

Good luck to your program. We need to continue to grow college hockey.
                                All I really take issue with is the comment that Powers wasn't surprised it was "That Guy" because I've talked to alot of people about Shawhan and no one has ever said anything that would give me the sense that anyone else feels that way about our coach.
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X