Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arizona State Sun Devils 2017-18 -- Year Three!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Arizona State Sun Devils 2017-18 -- Year Three!

Originally posted by Revs89.2 View Post
    Haven't heard. One year it was in Glendale at Gila River (Coyotes home) and one year in Prescott Valley (about 90 minutes north of Phoenix in a 5k seat arena). I would imagine it will all depend on the Coyotes home schedule. If GR isn't available it would be at Oceanside.
    I do remember hearing about possibly playing some games at Sun Devil Stadium a while back. Would be pretty cool and probably the best option if Gila River wouldn't work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Revs89.2 View Post
      It's awesome you guys will be here. Hadn't heard that yet, thanks for the info. Maybe we can still be partners and move to the NCHC together?
      Just come join them in the WCHA!
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by SunDevilBob View Post
        I do remember hearing about possibly playing some games at Sun Devil Stadium a while back. Would be pretty cool and probably the best option if Gila River wouldn't work.
        It was the possibility of playing a one off game there. Like the NHL outdoor classics. It would not be a series of games. Would be way too expensive. But even a one off is a long shot. Just need to weather the storm building wise until the 2020-21 season, when the new building is up.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
          Just come join them in the WCHA!
          I would be a little surprised to see the WCHA thing happen. They have had their chances to join the WCHA and it didn't work out. NCHC makes the most sense, unless the Big Ten changes its mind regarding ASU. But I suppose nothing is off the table.

Comment

It's awesome you guys will be here. Hadn't heard that yet, thanks for the info. Maybe we can still be partners and move to the NCHC together?
            Sign me up yesterday. As a longtime fan and hardcore college hockey guy, it would be a little weird, but, with all due respect to the schools, give me UND, SCSU, UMD, UNO, etc. over Lake State, Northern Michigan, Bowling Green, etc.

My sources are generally very accurate, so I’d anticipate seeing the Mavs in AZ next season.

I’m all in for Sun Devil Stadium. I’m a tad unique, but I have Iowa Football season tickets as well as Maverick Hockey season tickets, and so to tie together college football and hockey would be fantastic.
            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
              Kind of like Klansmen?

https://goo.gl/images/6nCaAx
              Classless comment. Typical weasel.

Comment

I would be a little surprised to see the WCHA thing happen. They have had their chances to join the WCHA and it didn't work out. NCHC makes the most sense, unless the Big Ten changes its mind regarding ASU. But I suppose nothing is off the table.
                We’ll leave the light on for you!

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
                  Just ignore him, I was never one to ignore members but he was the first and my life is better.
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

All too familiar psycho-yooper response...
                    Last edited by UMICH; 02-24-2018, 02:10 AM.
                    Originally posted by alfablue
                    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Ya know I hate to agree with anything a Techie says but ASU did appear to start playing a tad goonish once they got behind. I also personally hate to complain about the officiating but the game appeared to be called awfully one-sided in the third period. There were no-calls on ASU and ghost-penalties on Michigan. ASU does have the coolest college hockey jerseys that I have ever seen. Also that save your goalie made after his own give-away was outstanding. I was sitting at that end so I got good view of it and I couldn't believe it.
                      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

BTW, good luck in the future. After your program gets a few years under its belt I think that you'll be a team to reckon with. You've got a good scheme but you just need more experience. I tell ya, after that opening goal :51 into the first period I'll admit that I thought that this may be embarrassing.

Comment

Typical weasel.
                          Not really, but typical yooper comment.
                          Last edited by streaker; 02-24-2018, 07:44 AM.

Comment

ASU put up a good fight last night but had trouble with the Wolverine's speed. I think Michigan let up after taking the 4-1 lead. Good for the Sundevils to make it a game late. One thing is for sure, Walker has a legit shot and exposed the terrible 76% PK Michigan has. Another team would have buried ASU with all the PP chances too- but at 15% Michigan is what they are.

Comment

Overall I think it was a decent performance by us. I liked our push back and Garcia just missed knotting the game at 4 with about 1:30 left. We were without two of our better forwards and will get one of them back today. Streaker mentioned Michigan's team speed and that has been something we have had trouble with all year. However in only our second full season in D1, we have come a long way. But Michigan is a fun squad to watch. Look forward to seeing how our guys compete tonight in our final game of the year. And UMICH was right, the student broadcast link was posted before the game. So it was good being able watch the game on online. Go Devils!

Comment

Good luck next season Sundevils... hope the Walker kid sticks around and Deccord will get better.

Comment

Working...
                                X