Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its personal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Another good game by the boys, having 3 more games under Gennys belt is an advantage I feel, we get better each game and we were able to tame their high flying offense while we keep chugging along. We dominated the final 10 minutes, had several shots to end it and just couldn't hit home. Richer was unreal on the breakaway stopping not just the first but the second chance somehow. Zizek with another sweet goal, he is a key cog in the offense. Not a single penalty called against Genny..... interesting. Some silly slashes called against us. Could've layed down after allowing the early goal but they kept fighting which I love about this year's team.

Comment

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Great game.Missed the first period....The good,we played our game,hustle all around hit and run,with few oddman rushes allowed,except the breakaway in the third which Richer stoned'em..Dominated in the third and OT,genny with 0 shots in OT,wore them down as we have in the past few games we have played..Many quality chances in the 3rd and OT,if we start to finish these opportunities look out.Richer looked very good,didnt see the 1st goal,he never gives up on the play. Cant recalling us blocking that many shots we gave up the body many times great job.The bad 2 lazy slashing penalties one that lead to their PPG,not sure if that player was back on the ice after that the rest of the game?? The ugly not much,but genny got away with a few calls,and had zero penalties called against them..Looks like Brockport is for real and may be another hard fought 1 goal game as we Laker fans are getting used to....

Comment

Good to see Gillespie with his 2nd goal,would like to see Herlihy get his first to get him on a roll as well,although he contributes so much in other aspects..

Comment

To note, Novick was out of the lineup appears he was suspended for a hit on Fredonia, was at the game not sure what hit that was as no Majors were handed out...

I hear ya on Herlihey getting goals, but has not been his mo really, he grinds and keep chaos moving, would like to see huffnagle or Sullivan get their shooting figured out too many extra moves and getting pick pocketed

Comment

Was the suspension fron Suanac or the NCAA? We were at the game and I don't recall a majorrb

Comment

A major

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                Great game.Missed the first period....The good,we played our game,hustle all around hit and run,with few oddman rushes allowed,except the breakaway in the third which Richer stoned'em..Dominated in the third and OT,genny with 0 shots in OT,wore them down as we have in the past few games we have played..Many quality chances in the 3rd and OT,if we start to finish these opportunities look out.Richer looked very good,didnt see the 1st goal,he never gives up on the play. Cant recalling us blocking that many shots we gave up the body many times great job.The bad 2 lazy slashing penalties one that lead to their PPG,not sure if that player was back on the ice after that the rest of the game?? The ugly not much,but genny got away with a few calls,and had zero penalties called against them..Looks like Brockport is for real and may be another hard fought 1 goal game as we Laker fans are getting used to....
                Very entertaining game; the contrasting styles were really fascinating to watch in addition to the great goaltending. Kudos to the Lakers for very physical but clean play. Geneseo was definitely worn down in the 3rd period and overtime. The Knights desperately need a strength and conditioning coach, but the funds need to be there first. It's also a shame that Szmyd was not able to play after his injury in the 2nd period. He's one of the better skaters in the SUNYAC and a major part of Geneseo's offense. The fact that he came out and skated one shift in the 3rd gives me hope that the injury's not too serious; he certainly didn't look good leaving the ice after his hard fall into the boards. Looking forward to part 2 in Oswego.

Comment

Agree brought it up awhile ago,both have nice moves/skill,but at this level one and done,pass shoot or dump it...

Comment

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
                    To note, Novick was out of the lineup appears he was suspended for a hit on Fredonia, was at the game not sure what hit that was as no Majors were handed out...

I hear ya on Herlihey getting goals, but has not been his mo really, he grinds and keep chaos moving, would like to see huffnagle or Sullivan get their shooting figured out too many extra moves and getting pick pocketed
                    Thought he would be in the line-up,maybe that is why??....Also the Genny Dmen were very aggressive in their offensive zone with the pinch,I think this at sometime or another will hurt them if the far winger is not covering back..

Comment

Good point here. Geneseo had a 3-2 in the first period and two of the players were D-men, Laggrone and Russell. But it cost them on Oswego's first goal. They had an extra D go in for the forecheck and that's how the Huffnagle / Zizek / D'Orazio breakaway happened. Huffnagle took a MASSIVE hit but dumped it off just in time to D'Orazio and he got it over to Zizek.

I was in Genny last night filming so we'll have full highlights on the broadcast tonight starting at 6:30.

Comment

Novick should have gotten a contact to the head penalty on his interference call that gave Freddy a 3-1 lead. I'm assuming the coaches made him sit a game to drive home that he was lucky to only get the 2 and it didn't ultimately cost his team 2 points.

Comment

Originally posted by BKrosky View Post
                          Good point here. Geneseo had a 3-2 in the first period and two of the players were D-men, Laggrone and Russell. But it cost them on Oswego's first goal. They had an extra D go in for the forecheck and that's how the Huffnagle / Zizek / D'Orazio breakaway happened. Huffnagle took a MASSIVE hit but dumped it off just in time to D'Orazio and he got it over to Zizek.

I was in Genny last night filming so we'll have full highlights on the broadcast tonight starting at 6:30.
                          I don't recall exactly how things transpired, but there might have been a (long) line change issue here, too, since it was a third Dman (Salsberry) who hit Huffnagle. That obviously makes it particularly dangerous in the 2nd period to have both Dmen pinching.

Comment

Originally posted by BKrosky View Post

Hilites are always good,any chance they go on YouTube?

Comment

Novick has slotted back in, Pelnik not in warm-ups, I like his game too bad, had a bad slashing penalty last night though.

Spink has slotted in, no Bruce going back to Freddy game. Would like to see Farabee get another go.

Comment

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
                                Novick has slotted back in, Pelnik not in warm-ups, I like his game too bad, had a bad slashing penalty last night though.

Spink has slotted in, no Bruce going back to Freddy game. Would like to see Farabee get another go.
                                yes and a bad play at Bl that gave them a breakaway that Richer stonnnnned'em on

Comment

Working...
                                X