Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its personal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mjbeckman View Post
    Question...has anyone on this feed have problems with the WTOP feed this year? Mine constantly craps out on me.
    Since the HD conversion last year, I have had some issues with the stream hosted on the Athletics site when my network speeds drop...I found if I cleared my cache and shut down every other application, that worked. The other thing you can do is watch it on Facebook - WTOP10 simulcasts on their FB Page. The Facebook stream is very stable.
    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
      Since the HD conversion last year, I have had some issues with the stream hosted on the Athletics site when my network speeds drop...I found if I cleared my cache and shut down every other application, that worked. The other thing you can do is watch it on Facebook - WTOP10 simulcasts on their FB Page. The Facebook stream is very stable.
      Thanks LEL....didnt know about the FB feed.
      MJBeckman
      Oswego '93
      Great Lakers Hockey - WNYO, WTOP, Oswegonian
      1991-1993
      2007 D-III NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!

Comment

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

What a Win! Talk about grit grind and never quitting. Down 3-1 with 10 min and you end up winning 5-3 after the goalie starts a fight with Herlihey. Did we figure out our finesse finishing goals, quite possibly. If Hansen was a hair taller the one goal over his shoulder woulda been a no go. Most ridiculous phantom penalty to give Freddy their 3rd goal, because someone flopped and played with themselves on the ice someone must be punished let's talk it over for 5 minutes and throw a random Oz player in the box, despite this happening Infront of 3 of the refs and non of them seeing an infraction. Hansen did play well, however I prefer Richer. Zizek and Berry are enfuego. Farabee was in the lineup aswell as spink, no Bruce which is odd good grinder and net jammer. No Sullivan or Ferreria anything anyone knows on either?

Comment

Ferreira has a foot/ankle injury. Have not asked about a timetable with him but someone told me he was wearing a boot last weekend.

Comment

Well this game answered the question if anyone doubted the guts and determination of these guys. Would have been so easy to start playing wild and taking penalties after that terrible call by refs that led to Fredonia's third goal but they kept playing their game and hustled like crazy. Zizek, Berry, Molinaro... they are great fun to watch.

Comment

Just a very gutsy win. The D' men were spot on most of the time. Just a couple of miscues. The PP finally started to score when needed. The PP was actually very good all night with very good scoring opportunities. Nice to See Durocher again and he played a nice game. Really like watching Horn and Spink last night. Can't say enough about Berry or Herlihey. Their hustle, grit, composure, and determination got them the win last night. Once again terrible officiating. Blitz situation did not deserve what he got. 2 minutes and that is it. Our phantom call what can be said. For the most part we played very smart, not taking stupid penalties after we got down. Something this team has which I haven't seen since the Championship team is a complete team working as one and without any selflessness. The game against Genny should be a barn burner.
              Oswego '88

Comment

Great back to back wins,everything has been mention by others,again reffing was poor this weekend,maybe DIII can help me out but is it me or are there so many guys flopping on the ice getting "hurt" then back out the next shift,the Freddy player who got "hurt" was back out on the ice before the penalty was called after the meeting the refs had,then I guess went to the bench as he must have had to sit for a shift after being "hurt".I just dont remember this back when I played ,late 80's,and its frustrating to watch.My WTOP feed kept going out all weekend,will try Lou's suggestion..These cardiac kids make me go for the Nexxium..Crowd looked nice again..netminding was good when needed.Gillespie has played some excellent all around hockey,mixing it up etc,and when the pucks start going in for him, watch out...The Genny game will be interesting,I think 2 different styles of hockey will collide.

Comment

I have elevated the technical issues to DEFCON 1 with campus support staff and asked station staff to connect with vendors. In the meantime the Facebook feed has been very stable and a good looking 720p HD stream.
                  LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

During every game, we have someone watching the WTOP / Facebook / Athletics stream during the whole game. We haven't noticed any issues. Not trying to spread blame but we have not seen any issues, and any issues that would have arrived I'm guessing are based on network and connection.

Comment

Both my brother In Law and I have had issues streaming from the Athletics link, this year. We have been watching for the last 5 years.

But I didn't have any problems this weekend...because I was in Oswego for both games.
                      Wow, not sure you can get a better entertainment deal for $8. It was a lot of fun, exciting and dramatic hockey. I thought we deserved to win both games. We had more and better chances to score. Complete team win, everyone contributed.

IMO
                      Goaltending. Overall I thought Richer was good but Hanson was very good. My impression is the coaches are leaning towards Richer as #1, but he had the weak goal and a few bad rebounds against Buffalo State. I think Hanson had a weak one last week but has earned his spot in the rotation.
                      Unless something changes I would probably rotate the goalies right to the end of the PathFinder. Right now they both give us a chance to win. Larger sample size, to see who is better and it would mean we would have two goalies game ready in March.

Defense. No Brun, Rutowski, it sure seems like an all new defense. I've liked the newcomers, Allen, Novick and Currie. Campbell is trying hard and succeeding to stay out of the penalty box. MacMillian has been good, but hoping for more from him. I have been very critical towards Pelnick. It is only fair to say he played very well against B. State and was OK against Fredonia, we needed him and he proved he can play here.

Offense. The offense is coming along. It hasn't come from all the players I expected but everyone is contributing, we have 4 hard working lines. The PP looks good, but lacks a shooter, maybe Huffnagle can be that guy. He seemed to bounce back from a slow start. Berry, Zizek and Molinario very good all weekend. Farabee, Durocher, added size to the line up and did not look out of place. No Sullivan or Ferria this weekend, they can help with goals as well.
                      Oh ya Plattsburgh lost again

Comment

Originally posted by BKrosky View Post
                        During every game, we have someone watching the WTOP / Facebook / Athletics stream during the whole game. We haven't noticed any issues. Not trying to spread blame but we have not seen any issues, and any issues that would have arrived I'm guessing are based on network and connection.
                        The stream last night and Friday night kept "puddling " most of the night. A puddle would develop behind a player, drag across the screen and then take over the whole screen. As soon is the cameras would switch, it would stop and start again when it would go back to that particular camera. Hope this helps you determine the problem.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Apparently several friends of ours who live in Canada are watching the stream through a link on Facebook. Calls have been addressed and the campus believes they will noww have a fix

Comment

BIG test tomorrow night at The Ira,the place will be packed and loaded as always for this game, I think we will see a fast line-up tomorrow night and those who can stay out of the box as Genny always seems to have a good PP.Looks like its Richer turn to start we will need a good outing from him..

Comment

We are looking forward to this game at Genny. It should be a great game.
                              Also the food is very good at the Family Resturant in downtown Genesee

Comment

Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
                                We are looking forward to this game at Genny. It should be a great game.
                                Also the food is very good at the Family Resturant in downtown Genesee
                                I am sure those watching on the computer we will hear you guys/the Oswego fans cheering at the game, I always do..Have fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X