Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its personal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

according to live stats,Hansen will start btwn the pipes

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
      according to live stats,Hansen will start btwn the pipes
      He is
      Remy Babineaux
      remyb616@gmail.com
      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

0-0 after 1 in Hobart,statesmen with the better of the play..

Comment

outplayed, out hustled, lost just about every battle,not to mention about all important faceoffs,lucky to get a 2-1 loss in OT,perhaps tired from last night and Hobart fresh..got pushed around all game and had no jump at all,lethargic effort at best looked like we were going thru the motions...Dzone coverage was horrible,running around like chickens with no head,and I have seen chickens with no heads,not pretty,just like this game...missed the few chances we had,made the goalie look good,no net crashing like last night..ok Hansen kept us in the game all game,great job by him the only bright spot.a..break a stick with a slash you will get a penalty EVERYTIME...scorpio post again...Faceoffs horrible as mentioned b4,killed us...Small line-up at forward again,I think we got pushed around big time..

Comment

I think it's a little too much to ask a young team like this to travel and have to play a quality opponent on only twelve hours rest. Not a good scheduling move.

Comment

I was in Oswego for the Elmira game, and watched the feed for Hobart game.
              Elmira- special night, good come back. Scorpio, Emersson, Berry good, of course Zizek. Richer good but seemed to fight the puck the last half game. MacMillian very good, Novick impressed. Campbell and Brun not so good.
              Hobart- Hanson good, Brun had a better game I thought. Scorpio, Berry very good again. Struggled for long stretch's to get it out of our end or generate much. Almost a great result against a serious team that should have been very motivated. Hopefully we get another crack at them at the Pathfinder.

What did we learn,
              Goaltending is not our weakness. Both goalies can win games.
              MacMillian is a big part of the team, he can run the PP and create offense, missed him today. Assuming Brun & Rukowski can get back to their level, the D should be good enough.
              Offense, none of the rookies have shown they can score. The sophomores however seem ready to produce more, Zizek, Scorpio showed they probably should get first PP time.
              Anyways, if you count the exhb. game I would have been OK with a 1-1-1 start. so a 2-1(OT)-0. Is not great, but very good. I think we can make changes to create a more offense. Time will tell but my glass is half full.

Comment

Whoever scheduled this game should probably get their head checked. Why would you do that to yourselves knowing it's a young team. Just seems bizarre. Was at the game, first two periods weren't great but okay, third you could tell we were gassed and couldn't get out of our own end.

Comment

Allow a contrarian point of view - you schedule this game with a young team out of the gate to test them...to find out who is up to the challenge and as a coaching staff what you have to work with. 2nd game of the year. Quality opponent. This will pay dividends IMO.

Was at both games - agree with those above me who are far more knowledgeable.
                  LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
                    Whoever scheduled this game should probably get their head checked. Why would you do that to yourselves knowing it's a young team. Just seems bizarre. Was at the game, first two periods weren't great but okay, third you could tell we were gassed and couldn't get out of our own end.
                    Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                    Allow a contrarian point of view - you schedule this game with a young team out of the gate to test them...to find out who is up to the challenge and as a coaching staff what you have to work with. 2nd game of the year. Quality opponent. This will pay dividends IMO.

Was at both games - agree with those above me who are far more knowledgeable.
                    Also don't forget Hobart switched leagues this season...I have no insider point of view from the Oswego perspective....but seeing what goes on behind the scenes on scheduling here at my institution, a switching of leagues and the potential of new/different dates you would normally be playing league weekends could cause havoc in trying to find another date to play. Perhaps this was one of the only opportunities they could find common ground.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

with all due respect draft, we were at all three games. Lakers beat a fast talented all star team from Ontario. It has been reported that five of those boys have now committed to D1 teams. One has been drafted into the NHL. Remember Oswego has only been with the coaches two weeks and are a very young team. Saturday nights game was one of the most emotional nights we have ever seen in Oswego. Elmira is a big talented hockey team and the game took its toll on both teams. Oswego has a quick turn around Sunday in Geneva. Remember a lot of these Oswego boys are playing their first college
                      games. Hobart has an advantage on their ice and they have a fast team. As someone said they are a serious team and they had a lot at stake yesterday with already losing on Friday. Oswego was not lethargic, they actually never gave up and busted their butts. Huge problem is taking draws something like 19 for 54. If you cannot get the faceoff you are flying around for 30 seconds trying to get the puck back and by then you are gassed. To lose in OT with a low score against a strong opponent is not to be taken as a major failure for a young team.

Comment

Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
                        with all due respect draft, we were at all three games. Lakers beat a fast talented all star team from Ontario. It has been reported that five of those boys have now committed to D1 teams. One has been drafted into the NHL. Remember Oswego has only been with the coaches two weeks and are a very young team. Saturday nights game was one of the most emotional nights we have ever seen in Oswego. Elmira is a big talented hockey team and the game took its toll on both teams. Oswego has a quick turn around Sunday in Geneva. Remember a lot of these Oswego boys are playing their first college
                        games. Hobart has an advantage on their ice and they have a fast team. As someone said they are a serious team and they had a lot at stake yesterday with already losing on Friday. Oswego was not lethargic, they actually never gave up and busted their butts. Huge problem is taking draws something like 19 for 54. If you cannot get the faceoff you are flying around for 30 seconds trying to get the puck back and by then you are gassed. To lose in OT with a low score against a strong opponent is not to be taken as a major failure for a young team.
                        When I was sitting there trying to recognize players and drawing a blank on the majority, and then add in it's Hobart in Hobart.....a 2-1 OT loss (while we hate moral victories) isnt the end of the world. Oswego has their chances. They will be there at the end.
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Ok agree the scheduling was not great,but sometimes you cant help that...that said still think we got out hustled and lost many battles,perhaps due to a smallish line-up...face-offs were almost like we were not ready......yes not the end of the world,many more games to come,just dont like getting pushed around and I think we did,almost rather lose than get pushed around...goalies were very good all weekend

Comment

Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
                            totally understand emotional aspect,but we got beat to way to many puck,out grinded,and just plain beat up....NBD,there are many games left and I am sure better showing to come.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                              totally understand emotional aspect,but we got beat to way to many puck,out grinded,and just plain beat up....NBD,there are many games left and I am sure better showing to come.
                              Maybe, in the third period I may have seen some of what you saw but I think most of us saw period 1 & 2 as pretty even. I expected us to be pretty average our first 10 games. We are a group of individuals that need to become a team. They will and it will be fun to see happen.

Comment

Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post
                                Maybe, in the third period I may have seen some of what you saw but I think most of us saw period 1 & 2 as pretty even. I expected us to be pretty average our first 10 games. We are a group of individuals that need to become a team. They will and it will be fun to see happen.
                                must have been the broadcast...On to Cortland this weekend,they gave Utica a close game they will not roll over at home,should be fun to watch.......hey maybe we will get another try at Hobart in the Pathfinder??

Comment

Working...
                                X