Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its personal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    only caught 2 periods,but both netminders looked pretty **** good,looking forward to seeing what happens this weekend.
    No slight to Hanson intended, he was great.

Comment

Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

D3hockey poll is out, Oswego is slotted in at #7 there, seems like outside eyes are high on this team.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
        Coming over Sunday Lou?
        YES. taking to long way to Boston...🤣😎
        LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
          YES. taking to long way to Boston...🤣😎
          That's two different bands. YES was/is better.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

I don't waste time on preseason polls. They are just a reminder of where teams finished last year, they're pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by BKrosky View Post
              I don't waste time on preseason polls. They are just a reminder of where teams finished last year, they're pointless.
              Agreed, I don't think in anyway we'll be there till maybe after Christmas if at all, who knows we could gel together and surprise us. But we struggled in getting out of our own zone and doing much of anything on offense the other night.

Comment

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
                Agreed, I don't think in anyway we'll be there till maybe after Christmas if at all, who knows we could gel together and surprise us. But we struggled in getting out of our own zone and doing much of anything on offense the other night.
                yes polls dont mean jack unless its the one at the end of the season and you've won it all..I think we may have a start of the season like Platty had last year,lets hope we finish as well/better if this is the case.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                  yes polls dont mean jack unless its the one at the end of the season and you've won it all..I think we may have a start of the season like Platty had last year,lets hope we finish as well/better if this is the case.
                  Polls mean nothing. Rankings mean much. Winning the last game in Lake Placid is everything.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Looks like Elmira took down Hobart,could be in for a tough one tonight and a rested a pizzzzzzed Hobart come Sunday

Comment

Today it will be all about controlling emotions.....

From the athletics website - “Saturday will also be the annual Teal Game for the men's team, as they will be donning teal jerseys on the ice to raise awareness for the fight against ovarian cancer. This year's Teal Game will have special meaning as Mary Gosek – wife of head coach Ed Gosek – lost her battle with ovarian cancer in June. All fans in attendance will receive teal t-shirts at the door, and will be encouraged to pay tribute to Mary in a very special way, a noisy way, called "Mary's Minute." From puck drop to the 19-minute mark of each period, fans are asked to get on their feet, as Mary would, and make as much noise as possible.

There will be a Teal Gate prior to the game in the Food Activity Court of the Marano Campus Center from 5:30 to 6:30 with a live band. Merchandise from Hope for Heather, an ovarian cancer awareness group with a chapter based in Central New York, will be available for fans to purchase. Food from Palates will be available for purchase as well. Donations for Hope for Heather will be accepted at Teal Gate or can be made online.”
                      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

oswego women r going to OT but no video,hope they straighten it out for the men

Comment

video resumed and lady lakers win it in OT with 35sec left...Penn state still up by 11

Comment

Well talk about a penalty fest, some questionable calls. But let's focus on the pro's. Our speed improved we looked decently speedy, our D was committed to blocking shots again, we found offense and will to fight after being down by 2. That drive to keep fighting is promising, and could be telling about this teams motivation level. Zizek with a hat trick, crashing the net getting those second chances. Man was Elmiras Goalie a giant. Richer was strong again in net, didn't see how the 5 on 3 went in, but the second was high sticked in I'd say. And how about that Mary's minute that was fun, and should continue all year.
                            Last edited by OZrebel; 10-28-2017, 08:47 PM.

Comment

A nice win for the Teal team. I liked the speed and hustle that was displayed after the second goal for Elmira. Richer looked good and the 2 goals that went past were hard to say his fault. The second one was a high stick tip in that the 4 blind mice missed. Our woes from last year still keep going strong. Last minute penalties, odd man rushes and open nets. I think I might send the team a bunch of Mr. McGoo style glasses. Elmira came to play for the first 2 periods. The legs got heavy in the third which just may happen to the Lakers tomorrow. Well the start of dreams, hopes and heart break has started. Best of Luck to this team. The Mary's Minute is a very nice sentiment to her and for the Ovarian Cancer Awareness.
                              Oswego '88

Comment

The Marys minute was GREAT to say the least,along with the teal jerseys a nice tribute....From the net out,Richer looked very good both goals were unstoppable,first a snippp,2nd a one in a million tip,he did well with the rebounds and looked to be having fun..dmen looked pretty good..forwards not to many oddman rushes and the forecheck was good..looks like we went with the very small line-up may go bigger today??Scorpio couldnt buy a goal,they will go in sooner or later..puck seemed to be bouncing a lot,maybe ice was soft?? Penalites WILL come back to haunt us not just around Halloween time,gotta lay off the b.s hits from behind,kneeing etc...Zizek en-fuego....We will face a pizzzzzzzed off well rested Hobart team today will be a tough one,I imagine Remy will be there to inform us of the events.p.s...coming back from 2 goals down showed a nice team effort..

Comment

Working...
                                X